Notices

Whiners Anonymous..Part 38

Old 05-14-2010, 03:18 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Woke up way too early with a headache - again. Drank a cup of coffee and took some ibuprofen - still have a headache.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:52 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
To Life!

Good info, HB.
Thanks!

Ozy....

Pattee,
Like the bun, eh?

Gotta get to work.
Over slept this morning. yikes
Whine on!

Shalom!
Old 05-14-2010, 08:04 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Oz
A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others
Oz, oh what a wise and philosophical whiner you be...now give King Bubba back his crown...

Originally Posted by Teach
I stopped cutting my hair. I am just letting it grow out long again. A bun is a good look for a school teacher, don'tcha think?
Long hair is nice, Teach. But if you grow yours out this long and put it in a bun, you'll need much higher doorways and lotsa ibuprofen - heavy!!

Beautiful hair - but it kinda reminds me of My Pretty Pony dontcha think? Besides, the shampoo $$ would put me in the poor house!

If this woman ever declined a date because she had to wash her hair, we wouldn't see her for a month! :rotfxko
Old 05-14-2010, 08:13 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Getting ready to start a load of laundry and the damn control knob on the washer broke right off!! Another expense, but I've got to have the washer!
Old 05-14-2010, 09:02 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

use pliers in the interim.

My BIG WHINE TODAY is that I lost me 3 paragraph post this AM, SR just quit on me!!

same thing happened from my work server...I *know* it's not on my end, I'm running off T-3 line....but slow-poke SR keeps timing out.

I hope everyone is doing well.....I had great postings this AM, but NOW i've forgotten them? i did have to chop some fur off of Fandy's tail, it had remnants of litterbox glued in and I don't deal with THAT!

Information on baby-cat "little Ozzy"...has long hair! he is just 3 weeks old. Just like his Uncle Fandy-cat....his brother/sister....(Hannibal and Clarice) are destroying Barb's new couch...(this is the *biological* mother, my friend who sells me the kittens.

I am TIRED!
Old 05-14-2010, 09:08 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Least
Getting ready to start a load of laundry and the damn control knob on the washer broke right off!! Another expense, but I've got to have the washer!
Things could be worse, Least... we could be down at the river bed scraping our clothes on a rock to wash them...yikes!

Old 05-14-2010, 09:26 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fandy
My BIG WHINE TODAY is that I lost me 3 paragraph post this AM, SR just quit on me...I*know* it's not on my end, I'm running off T-3 line...slow-poke SR keeps timing out.
Thank you Fandy; I thought it was just me. SR's been having cardiac arrests on me since last night! The internet has been fine - have been working all morning; it's just when I access SR...they did an upgrade this week. hmm??

"little Ozzy"...has long hair!....his brother/sister....(Hannibal and Clarice)
*Love* the names...Hannibal, Clarice...too funny!

Sir Raven here is a real wack-a-doodle...like alot of kitties, he likes to drink from the faucet in the tub or from a glass (he refuses to drink from a bowl; it has to be a drinking glass - he must've been in recovery in a former life).

This morning, after drinking from the faucet, he hops into the tub (not unusual for him) and proceeds to chase his tail while in the tub - his little head was be-bopping from one side of the tub to the other...he didn't care...I was on the floor in hysterics.

Boy, he found the right house when he stumbled into my driveway as a stray; it must've been the scent of psychosis that attracted him to me...we were made for each other...
Old 05-14-2010, 09:51 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
cmc

Nuttin' spectacular to whine about today....except that I had the bloodwork done early this morning and the nurse was so good that I barely left it...oops ...I mean 'felt' it (that won wuz fer ewe, deer OzzieB)

oh....btw....did you hear about the confused bank robber?

He told the teller:

"Don't stick with me, this is a mess up."
Old 05-14-2010, 09:55 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

nope, it is definitely the SR website.....right after I posted earlier, it belched again.

I did not log on last night, I was too tired to compu-tize myself..I just watched TV.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:02 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I KNOW I'm feeling better cause I had enough energy to vac and mop the filthy floors! Got the washer fixed in less than ten minutes. Only cost me fifteen dollars for the knob. Yay! Now that the floors are clean it's time for a shower. The first time I could stand upright long enough to take a shower in the last week... it's about time
Old 05-14-2010, 11:49 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Good gravy, I can hardly keep up here.

Zipperman, I remember Juanita, she was before Thelma-Lou and Barney used to sing that awful Juanita song.

Teach, congratulations on the weight loss, that's fantastic and so good for your health. You inspire me to get that last 10 pounds off. And you will look fabulous in a bun, and remember a bun is a good place to store your pencils.

Perfect day here, sunshine and warm breeze. I just can't find a whine anywhere. Workin' on that.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:46 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

This morning, after drinking from the faucet, he hops into the tub (not unusual for him) and proceeds to chase his tail while in the tub - his little head was be-bopping from one side of the tub to the other...he didn't care...I was on the floor in hysterics.

HB, check out my post in Cat Fanciers (social groups forum) with a link to Cats In Sinks. Hilarious. I have a mental picture of your kitty going in circles in the tub!
Old 05-14-2010, 01:20 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

my cats prefer to drink out of the shower too...never mind the fresh bowls of water I leave them....if I clean the glass doors with Windex after showering, I have to close everything up tight....i have a new bathroom with that nice rough mini rectangular tile on the floor of the shower...Fandy just loves to roll on it dry to "scratch" his back...

one night I was using the facilities (see Bam, delicacy)...I had that feeling someone was watching me....I looked inside the shower which has a built-in granite seat and THERE THEY WERE....sitting in the shower looking at me.....3 of them, 2 on the seat and one one the floor....(no privacy at my house)....and yes, they unroll the toilet paper for "fun".

my other Main Coon cat Wylie-Coyote (who passed)...used to steal the make-up brushes and dunk them in the water dish...

Least, i loved the Moscow cat circus too....there is another great website called "stuffonmycat.com
Old 05-14-2010, 01:47 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Fandy, I have a habit of locking the door now. He (the cat) graduated to opening doors (not just pushing or pulling them open) a few months ago. He loves the kind that have a straight handle instead of a circular knob, because all it takes is a leap. But he is figuring out how to turn the knobs. He has also torn shower curtains too, another reason for locking the door before he can get in there. The playing with tissue is one of his favorites - same with crumpled up packaging or tin foil. It's just like intricate toys vs pots/pans for a baby. The stuff already there (or before it hits garbage/recycling) is what is appealing. Sometimes I wake up to find him and one of these "footballs" next to me - an indication he patiently waited for me to wake up to start another chase for him, or he just likes storing them in the "pride" next to his less adequate cat friend who needs to be coached on hunting (me).

He is half angel, half terror. His latest is jumping up and getting into kitchen cupboards. It would not surprise me if one of these days he suddenly opens a cupboard and appears inside while I am at the sink.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:19 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

My Toby loved the bathtub too. If I took a bubble bath, he'd hang over the side and whack the bubbles with his paw.

And if I'd pour a bath and leave it, he'd just hop right in and play and then hop out when he was done. Crazy cat, but I sure do miss him.

Old 05-14-2010, 02:27 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

There is always an empty space after a beloved animal friend dies. I have to reassure myself that in God's Meadow (where they go) everyone is well and young and whole and happy. That's where I want to go when I die - to The Meadow to be with all my departed pets.

No whines today, actually feeling quite a bit better. Even cleaned the house and walked the dogs! If I'm well enough to walk the dogs, I'm well enough.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:29 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

I love cats. My whine is that I don't have one.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:10 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Bam - how many of my 5 kittens shall I send your way?

Teach - That's some nasty business you're having to deal with. It sounds like you got some sleep, though.

I've been having the same trouble with SR, for the past 2 days.

I enjoy reading about all the kitty exploits!
Old 05-14-2010, 03:35 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Cool

..eye koodn't sleep last nite,eyether..

..tryin' to think of another 'Whiners' post!!!

Does anyone else do that??????????????

'Welcome home Jessica Watson...
Old 05-14-2010, 04:02 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I do, Oz! It's hard to keep up with this motley crew.