Old 05-14-2010, 07:17 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good work mate
D
Old 05-26-2010, 07:30 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

In a couple weeks I'll have six months, thus reaching my previous record. Am feeling very good and comfortable with my sobriety and have few cravings any more. What's really good tho is that trouble doesn't give me the urge to drink it away any more.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:22 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Where is everybody??
Old 06-02-2010, 03:03 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

im still here!

aaaaaaand

6 months sober as of yesterday!

funny to think 6 months ago i was passed out lying in the rain after abusing a friend while blacked out funny what a whole bottle of bourban will do to a man :/

but no longer is this the case, i am MUCH happier, healthier & people say i look much better as well. so yah for me

& yah for anyone else trying to reach for a little happiness by saying no to alcohol.

will try to check back here in there, but tbh. my need for a daily reflection like this has passed now & im really moving on with my life.

im under no iilusion i could possible be back here...no illusion at all. but for now

i have a smile on lips & contentment within

\"/\"/
nd
Old 06-02-2010, 03:03 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

im still here!

aaaaaaand

6 months sober as of yesterday!

funny to think 6 months ago i was passed out lying in the rain after abusing a friend while blacked out funny what a whole bottle of bourban will do to a man :/

but no longer is this the case, i am MUCH happier, healthier & people say i look much better as well. so yah for me

& yah for anyone else trying to reach for a little happiness by saying no to alcohol.

will try to check back here in there, but tbh. my need for a daily reflection like this has passed now & im really moving on with my life.

im under no iilusion i could possible be back here...no illusion at all. but for now

i have a smile on my lips & contentment within
ill drink to that (orange juice)

\"/\"/
nd
Old 06-03-2010, 07:59 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

In five days I'll have six months sober!! My previous record was over six months so I'm looking forward to reaching that point and keep on going! I would have been a lot harder, and certainly more lonely, to be traveling this road alone, but thanks to all of you I'm in good company.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:23 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

182 days (six months) today!! Yee haa!!
Old 06-11-2010, 03:35 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

congrats least!!!

you started this journey so its awesome your still here with us.

i just hope everyone else is not posting for happy reasons.

mild temptations to drink beer this evening. just finished up with a whole bunch of assignments for my course, so felt like i deserved it.

but no.

hot chocolate & choc biscuits

hope you all good
Old 06-13-2010, 06:49 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

hi guys haven't been around lately but thinking of you all as we near or reach our 6month mark. (woohoo!!) congratulations and big love to each of us, hope life has been kind.
still going strong here, i quit smoking about a month and a half ago and man that has been rough... harder in many ways than not drinking. the last month or so has been super challenging, major troubles with my house (had to replace 80 year old plumbing almost entirely) have left my daughter, our animals and myself "homeless" for the last few weeks. enduring something stressful like this and maintaining my sobriety (and my nicotine freeness! has given me a bit more confidence. we're home now, finally!
god did i used to make life sooo much more difficult than it needed to be! by no means is everything coming up roses but i certainly have a new perspective, and things continue to improve, however slowly.
i can feel myself recovering more and more, bit by bit... mentally, physically, spiritually. i have to remind myself exactly how bad it really was sometimes to see how far i've come!
so, how are you all? any recent revelations?

congrats again to us for sticking it out this long, i hope life only continues to improve for each of us. may we all be stronger, happier and more content than ever before in these next 6 months. love and peace.
sarah
Old 06-13-2010, 06:58 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

and good job john... i've had to work through a few of those myself lately... i've found a couple of brands of really strong organic ginger ale/brew that have become my new crutch... especially if i'm going to a party or something. nice to have a cold fizzy bevvie in a bottle on a hot day... even better to not feel like sh*t the next day!

and i just finished a really beautiful book set in new zealand, "the bone people", partly about maori culture... so fascinating! i've also been reading some stuff on new physics, the Tao Te Ching (a little each day), and some buddhist texts... yippee, so nice to read again, and remember it all
Old 06-17-2010, 05:29 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Bad cravings lately...

for watermelon!! Indulging myself until my stomach is too full. So nice to not be drunk or sick and thus be able to drive to the 24-hour-grocery-store late at night to get a watermelon!

Have woken up the last few mornings feeling on top of the world... don't know what's up with that but glad to be feeling so good lately. And finally I've realized the obession to drink is GONE!! For good!! I no longer want to drink. Rarely get cravings any more and no longer automatically think of drinking when the going gets rough. Yay for me!! As Professor Henry Higgins said..."By George I think she's got it!"
Old 06-26-2010, 06:28 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

200 days sober today!! Coming up on seven months and still going strong and still waking up feeling great! Maybe it's adopting my little foster dog and him showing me his love. Maybe it's quitting smoking - after so many years - and finally being a nonsmoker. Maybe it's just my time to be happy. Don't care why, just love waking up sober and feeling so good.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:03 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I have almost 17 and 1/2 million heartbeats of sobriety! Pretty cool...

Almost 7 months and the longest I've been sober since before I started drinking. I've broken my own best record and still going strong!
Old 06-29-2010, 08:53 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

supersweet least. i really like this nonsmoking thing too.
Old 07-04-2010, 03:15 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

This THursday I'll have seven months sober! Longest I've been sober and the best I've felt since trying to get sober over two years ago. I finally want to be sober more than I want to drink... and don't want to drink at all any more... It's about time!!
Old 07-04-2010, 09:25 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

well done least!

I too am going great!

seems almost normal now to face every day without the thought of being wasted.

drunkeness is almost a fading memory...almost
Old 07-12-2010, 07:34 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

216 days sober today! I still have a clear memory of how bad I felt last December and never want to feel that bad again. The shame and regret and self hatred was as intense as the physical sickness... So glad I wake up feeling good these days!

Had a really frustrating incident yesterday and for a split second I wanted to be numb, to just forget it all, but it passed and I was able to dismiss the craving just from not wanting the consequences of drinking. Feeling very happy in my sobriety now and don't want to give it up!

for all my December classmates!
Old 07-21-2010, 02:11 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

bump! Where is everyone??
Old 07-26-2010, 04:30 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Going on vacation this weekend until the next weekend. So nice to feel good about getting to visit eldest daughter and her family.

I hope some of our class members can show themselves here soon. I get tired of talking to myself.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:09 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I get tired of talking to myself

Where is everybody?? Come out,come out, wherever you are...

I'll have nine months in just a couple weeks, where is everyone? Come out and tell us how you're doing... Am I the only surviving member of our class?