Notices

Class of November 2008 Part 13

Old 07-17-2011, 03:11 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Not sure why the same message came up twice????
Old 07-17-2011, 03:11 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I'll try again......

CG :ghug3 feels like we have never been away!! Nands spoke to Alley a few months ago, LB has been back and gone again and Wonky is doing splendidly!

Having got 6mths sober last year I decided I was ok to return to social drinking and that life was just too short to be that serious all the time.........

I'm rarely drunk but thats irrelevant, I'm consistent and my poor body can't take what it used to. If it could get up and leave me I'm sure it would of a long time ago! I'm 37 but feel 77! And although we read it time and time again, it really is harder to crawl back each time we start again.

Anyway folks how are we on this fine Sunday morning? I'm off to see my favorite Boy Band later today I say Boy Band...... they are men now but Man Band does not have the same ring to it! There is just so much to do before I go and not enough hours to do it! Need to locate Nands for a start! and that can take some doing.....I leave her for 5min and if she's not off shopping for shoes, she's running after soldiers with LB
Old 07-17-2011, 03:36 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Administrator

do you tick the 'remember me' box when you log in Pix?
I've never been logged out in years

D
Old 07-17-2011, 04:11 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

No...maybe that's where I'm going wrong......for years
Old 07-17-2011, 05:54 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

aw so good to see you join us CG!!!!

Well, I'm on 2 months about (no I don't know the exact day in May I got sober but was mid month. Your right CG, Pix! It gets harder every time. Somehow we have to get on the sober train and stay there!

This morning has been hard (fortunately the liquer store doesn't open till 9 and 12 on sundays!) I'm ok now, but I don't like how easily I fall into the maybe a drink will make it better...it never does...yet the allure of a drink, once past the intitial sicker then shite detox is still a struggle for me.

There is always a reason a drink can sound good for me at this point, and trying to remember it's a lie is hard. Life is life! It's wierd but when things started getting hard this week, listening to blues songs "life without trouble, isn't really no life at all" really helped...lol go figure, an alchoholic is uplifted by sad songs....I guess it helps me realize we all have things that are hard...and yet..within the hard times are moments of joy that go beyond just I didn't drink....

Pix already heard this, but my 2 fires last week resulted in meeting all my neibors! jobs have opened up at the university (I figure they lifted the hire freeze cause there have been 11 jobs advertized in 2 weeks...) It's stressful cause I just don't feel like taking on the responsibilities, lack the confidence I had once...but it's still a positive.

Today, the house is clean! only thing to do is make my bed and I'm in "ok" shape. I'm sorting clothes again...gained 20 lbs on my last relapse. You all know I have 3 closets and 4 chest of drawers full of clothes, and there isn't a shortage of things I can still wear, but not my favorites...and been depressed about it. The computer room is now designated for clothes sorting..a bit of a mess...I go try things on and sort what still fits to one closet. I was 134 when I left treatment 4 years or so ago...now 176

an yeah..I feel older, like about 65 lol...but...with time that will get better
Old 07-17-2011, 06:09 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Pixie!!!!! my sex drive has once again dissapeared...no roman soldiers for me!!!!

Perhaps LB will join us and help me regain that LOL

Anyone seen Fizzy lately? It'd be nice if timzup and wonkey and wibbles showed up occationally...

I still want to get a tatoo...perhaps in the next 10 years I'll come to england again and jiggy can do the tat!
Old 07-17-2011, 06:52 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

I've gained wight too Nands. Dont do pounds but it's more than a stone! We will get there and it's so true what you say, with in the hard times there are moments of joy! Thats whats kept me going for the last few years.

I'm sure the sex drive will return when you find a decent solider Nands!! Maybe thats where LB is....she may have a brand spanking new Roman Solider

Right off to get ready for my concert.....hope the rain stays away as it's outdoors

I forgot Jiggy can do Tattoos!! maybe we will all get one when you come back to England!
Old 07-17-2011, 03:12 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
getting there

I couldn't agree more with what you all have said! I continue to amaze myself with acknowledging how great I feel waking up sober, and how much happier, calmer, and more productive it makes me overall... only to find myself dead-set on picking up a bottle of wine on the way home from work, so much so that nothing will talk me out of it. I start down the "shouldn't take things so seriously" path too, Pix... that's what I cling to those afternoons when I'm determined to drink. Suddenly I was just overreacting and a bottle of wine can't hurt anything and what was I so worried about anyway? It's crazy!

Now I'm trying hard to play the tape through, as they say. When I'm looking forward to my blissful night of drinking, watching tv, playing on the computer, and neglecting everything else, I'm also forcing myself to imagine the puking in the toilet, waking up with night sweats and a terrible hangover, and being completely miserable and useless the entire next day. I'm also trying to identify any new "tricks" my mind is trying to play on me to get me to drink again, so I can be armed against them. It's not easy though!!

So we've got Pixy feeling 77, and nands feeling 65... I think I'm probably around 55 or so. I could still handle some Roman soldiers if you don't need them, nands!

Speaking of weight... omg, I don't think I've ever been fatter. I'm seriously afraid to weight myself because it will freak me out. Started going back to the gym last week though, so hopefully I can get back on track.

Just watched the USA women lose to Japan in the World Cup. Megan Rapinoe went to my university so I like to watch them play. I feel bad they lost but happy for Japan after all they've been through this year!

Alright, I suppose it's time for some house cleaning
Old 07-18-2011, 07:05 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

quick fly by check in....I'm getting ready to work on some applications and need to be sure I get that done before I start playing....trash needs to go out NOW...they have adjusted routes to early morning due to the dangerous heat in our area...don't want the workers to get sick from the heat...I approve.

I'm comfortable with the heat right now, but I know I will get discouraged as the temp rises the rest of the day...so pushing forward now
Old 07-18-2011, 12:31 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Hey folks! How are we all today?

Nands the weather here is just awful. It's actually cold! I'm working away at the moment and forgot to bring my coat. I say forgot but you don't expect to need one in the middle of July!!

I'm off to have an early night. Trying really hard to look after myself a bit better. Being over tired leads to moods and wrong decisions!

Will be back bright and early tomorrow
Old 07-18-2011, 01:15 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Am watching a movie "you kill me" with Ben Kingsley, Luke Perry, Bill Pullman...dark comedy with a hit man going to AA.....not for the faint of heart, but really a sweet comedic romantic movie!

after this I'm off for my afternoon nap...then dinner and a movie
Old 07-19-2011, 01:35 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Morning

Slept soooooo well, feel amazingly fresh and bright. Incredible how great we sleep when theres no booze involved. Whole day to myself before I have to return to normality. May even do some shopping
Old 07-19-2011, 03:05 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Administrator

hope all you guys have a great day

D
Old 07-19-2011, 11:02 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Ok so I didn't spends loads but I'm pleased with my little purchase

Nands? have you got lost in movies???
Old 07-19-2011, 12:35 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Home sweet home......

Love it!
Old 07-19-2011, 01:20 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hi pix..well..I had a "FRIEND" show up!!!! she was having trouble reading her lease so we ended up spending 10 minites on that and 4 hours just chatting

I had a reaction to the codine or the antibiotic they perscribed for my tooth problems. It didn't cause me sobriety problems, but I broke out in itches....and I'm struggling to get it under control. Been off the Codine for weeks andjust stoped the antibiiotic, but the sores are gonna be there a while..just hoping they'll clear up with some care by the time I go to our family reunion.

Things are ok...back on my meds so that should help

Love to all
Old 07-19-2011, 02:31 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Hey! This is my class!!
Old 07-19-2011, 04:31 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Jen
Hope you'll feel better soon Nands!

Hi Pix
D
Old 07-19-2011, 09:53 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
getting there

Hi everybody, just a quick check-in before bed! Made it through another sober day

Welcome to our thread, PaperDolls!

Hope everyone is having a great day/night/morning
Old 07-20-2011, 06:09 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

CG! good job! I need to be sober long term, but the only way it happens at the beginning is one day at a time!!!!!

Paperdoll! nice to see you here...we are an irreverent group with lots of goofing off....but an underlying desire to get, be, or stay sober

I dreamed of roman soldiers last night, but...they were all gay...nothing wrong with that, but why did LB take all the straight ones

Perhaps we need to exchange the romans for greeks????

nice day yesterday, feeling pretty good this morning, but things are piling up for school which starts in 2 weeks...gotta figure out my scanner and make some calls. I'm remembering that a drink might relieve the pressure temporarily, but the actions required would still be there...so I'll face the preasure straight on!

Was gonna watch a movie this morning, but somehow I have stuck my TV on spanish language so it's interesting, but not quite cutting it LOL