Notices

Class of November 2008 Part 13

Old 04-21-2010, 08:49 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I got an interview for my dream job

So...the interview is Friday and i will spend at least 4 hours preping between now and then...anything else can wait...

Life is going pretty good, but i am definatly not on the beam spritually the last 24 hours...let myself get distracted in enjoying my own self will...nice while it lasts, but alwways puts me in a position to be harmed later....

Need to refocus in the morning on that indefinable something inside me that guides me where my brain doesn't even know how to get to...

Ok ... that was really wierd....I'm so inot this writing project right now that my ability to communicate seems to have been sidetracked...that should get better tomarrow with a little more focus on daily reality
Old 04-21-2010, 11:43 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Morning all

Whats the dream Job Nands?
Old 04-22-2010, 10:27 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Nands, dream job interview! that's great
Old 04-23-2010, 06:12 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

its fiscal/grant management of a 5m dollar grant from world bank....

It's what i excelled at in the past....but then again...i have no idea if it's what i want now...but the pay is decent too and thats a plus...

Unfortunately I'm really in a bad place the last 3 days with my step work and program....

All i want to do is go back to bed..sleep all day....i'm fussy, btchy, moody, negative and full of self pity....

I haven't really preped for the interview...I'm too busy hiding from some stuff i need to deal with about me that i really don't feel like dealing with..jut want it to go away...

Mkay...sorry to be such a negative nanners....I'll go find clothes, work on the stupid questions for the interview and try to find a way to get in sink with that power within

:wtf2
Old 04-23-2010, 01:25 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

....i'm fussy, btchy, moody, negative and full of self pity....
2 more and we will bring in the cast of the seven dwarfs for you so you can direct the movie....would that help a little?
Old 04-23-2010, 02:04 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

JIT...you can be dopey! I casted fizzy as grumpy

YouTube - snow white and the seven dwarfs: heigh-ho
Old 04-24-2010, 02:34 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I'm a little better today..did a little mini inventory and shared my defects with someone..it helped i think..heads a little more settled
Old 04-26-2010, 01:37 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

hey all

Nads whens the interview?

CG you back yet?

Got lots to sort this week. Would be nice if we could throw all our problems into a room, shut the door on them and return a while later to find them all sorted into neat little piles.

Struggling with the idea of drinking over the last week or so. I'm not gonna do it but the thoughts keep coming and going. I know why and know exactly what I need to do to stay on track. Just need the motivation to do it!
Old 04-27-2010, 03:16 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

interview was last friday..went well...it will only be a one year job if i get it, but that suits me today....

got other fires in the iron...er...irons in the fire LOL
Old 04-29-2010, 01:14 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

CG ??

I'm sure she was only meant to be away for the weekend?

And where on earth is Alley theses days?

Old 04-30-2010, 11:08 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ananda View Post
JIT...you can be dopey! I casted fizzy as grumpy
so what exactly are you trying to say "hey I'll let you play the role of dopey" or are you saying "hey, you sure can be dopey at times"?

Old 05-13-2010, 06:03 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

wow...two weeks....

timmy and wibbles will never find us
Old 05-27-2010, 09:45 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

._.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:50 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

This thread sorta makes me sad, but then again..it does remind me of how much fun we had thats a good thing!

lifes going on....i'm working the steps...i'm pretty relaxed and having fun..like my new job.

Still in need of a roman soldier, but i figure he'll be along soon

anyone else gonna check in?
Old 06-16-2010, 07:02 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
getting there

Hey everybody! Long time, no post.

First I have to ask... is that smiley in your signature picking its nose, nands?

Despite being gone forever, I don't have that much to say. I ended up not going to Canada in April because I was still really sick from that antibiotic. Believe it or not, I am still not entirely back to normal! Much better though. I've had a check-up with my doctor and am supposed to go back at the beginning of July if anything is still bothering me. For awhile it was causing me major anxiety, but I'm a lot more relaxed now.

Lately I've been absorbed in the case of the missing 7-year-old boy, Kyron Horman. He disappeared from his school about 8 miles north of where I live and has been all over the media for a couple of weeks, but they still haven't found him . Very sad.

How is everyone doing? Pixy? Nands? Alley? Boys?

Oh, I'm betting most of them are wrapped up in the world cup of SOCCER
Old 09-20-2010, 02:07 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

wow...I know times move on and we can't hold on to each other forever, but....

After drinking last fall, getting sober for 6 mos and drinking after the AA world convintion (yeah I know bad)....I am sober again.

perhaps our destiny together is over, I don't know...I've been lax in keeping up....wibbles and wonkey were doing well last I heard...but not sure how now...Pix was well last time we talked...Alley is off the radar and I hope she knows how much we still love her....Fizzy seems to have found his own miss him alot.

jiggy...welll...he's jigging and I miss him alot.

CG...you hung in there...your June posting was awsome! miss you alot!

dee...honorary member...you are the man!

LB has been gone a while...I hope she and the roman soldiers are sobering up!

Timzup wrote me...he is still fighting the fight....

The circle of love we created...it was something special...it may never come again, but we can all remember what it can be and strive to find the support and love again as we reach out to sobriety.

I love you all more than you will ever know...despite my absences....Thank you for a gift of friendship that will be in my heart for the rest of my life....

you gave me hope for the love and caring I have craved (hug)
Old 09-20-2010, 03:50 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Administrator

Threads ebb and flow Nands, and people find new roads to walk down and we may not see them as often, but I think friendships, real friendships endure

D
Old 09-23-2010, 08:57 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
getting there

Nands! So happy to see you're doing okay! Been in touch with Pixy and she's doing well. Don't know about the others.

Been a bit of a rough summer for me, lots of anxiety problems. I feel like they are starting to get "sorted" now, so hopefully I'm done with that for awhile. Taking a trip to Montana next week, getting excited for that.

OH! Nands you'll never believe this... I went to a few AA meetings! I can't say I'm a loyal follower yet or anything but it wasn't as bad as I'd feared. I've actually been doing Al-Anon for a few months and I really like that. It's helping to work on my powerlessness over pretty much everything.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:44 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Glad you posted...I'm staying off SR for a while to keep my focus on where it needs to be. Sober and loving you all!

I'll check in though :ghug3
Old 09-25-2010, 06:52 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Administrator

We'll catch up eventually Nands

D