Notices

Class of November 2008 Part 13

Old 04-14-2010, 03:20 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hey all

I'm with you nands, need to keep this thread floating. Even when I'm not posting I like to know it's here.

CG 58 days is brilliant! keep doing what you are doing, it's clearly working.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:47 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Writers group was wonderful...i'd been getting franitic all day and the writing the reading and the discussion gave me an outlet for all that energy that was trapped in my head...

writting does it for me much better than a drink ever did...why did I not know that!
Old 04-15-2010, 01:44 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Writers group?? whats all this about Nands?

Almost the end of the school holidays can finally get some order back in the house
Old 04-15-2010, 05:28 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I joined a writters group a few months ago...it's been a huge thing for me as I was a poet for years...age 10 - 28 and then sorta stopped...a few bits hear and there...

Pix..you need to read the book "women who run with wolves" I think you would love it and it's helping me alot. If you read it, look at the story about the "doll"....it's really expanded my ability to accept sponsorship

this week i'm learning to channel the passion and energy of anger into the creativitiy of writting....as a result...anger decreasees and creativity increases....feelings are ok..i just need a way to process and let go of them preferably the major jolts quickly....my friends like me better that way
Old 04-16-2010, 08:42 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

i'm gonna try and suck it up and get busy..not many other options at the moment.....

I'll let you know how that works out for me
Old 04-16-2010, 11:53 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

feeling really down today....but i know that will pass....life is what it is and sometimes sad is just what's going on

stuck on C) again.....
Old 04-16-2010, 12:35 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
getting there

That's good advice nands. I always feel like if I'm not happy and chipper and at peace then I'm doing something wrong, but that's not how life works.

:ghug3
Old 04-16-2010, 12:46 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pixy1 View Post
Hey all

I'm with you nands, need to keep this thread floating. Even when I'm not posting I like to know it's here.

CG 58 days is brilliant! keep doing what you are doing, it's clearly working.
pixy, nands,
Having the 2008 combined group thread has given the July 2008 thread a boost. Hope it helps Nov too.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:41 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I think it is ... we just needed to be revitalized

day has ended good...i'm still having some sadness...but it isn't the only emotion going on today...

proud
excited
happy
playful

just an underlying appropriete sadness right now that will pass when the time for the sadness is over I'm ok with it
Old 04-16-2010, 09:44 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
getting there

I think we are having more activity here than we've had in awhile!

Nands I'm glad the party went well, hope you are feeling better in the morning
Old 04-17-2010, 02:19 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Whats making you feel sad nands?

Sometimes we don't need a reason and feel that way anyway. I suppose we have to feel sadness to appreciate happiness

CG have you got a trip coming up?

I'm in pain! ladned on my butt running down the stairs to answer the phone at 2.30am this morning!! It was my sons mate looking for his mobile phone. He'd left it in the taxi that was due to drop my son off and could I run out to the taxi and get it for him

I shall be having words!
Old 04-17-2010, 10:05 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
getting there

Yep, I'm going to Canada on Thursday, assuming I feel better once I'm off these drugs!
Old 04-17-2010, 10:06 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

well..as you all know just from our own relationships and this thread...our relationships with other people are constantly in flux..always changing...we become bound up in each other in a positive cenergistic (is that the word) way...then we drift seperately for a while and come back in a different way.

As you all also know...I struggle to let this process happen...I tend to try to hold on to what was and by doing that...kick in my BPD issues....I react ... i cause unneccesary turmoil and loose track of reality over come by my own issues that have nothing to do with the outside world.

So...an important relationship in my life changed....i reacted from my stuff rather than dealing with it as a normal event...I handled it FAR better than i did last year....caused some damage, but not the soul scaring that I have done previously...this was more a surface wound...and it's healing just fine

I do know it's ok to be sad when a relationship changes, it's ok to be sad when we fck up in our reactions....it's not ok to continually feed that compolshion to stay in one place or to beat ourselves up for making a mistake.

I always wanna grab up my toys and go home by myself...but today I know that I need to simply draw back, reflect and reinter the stream of life again

Sorry...i'm really in the reflective place right now but quite content!!!
Old 04-17-2010, 10:07 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
getting there

er... I mean the prescription drugs, of course...
Old 04-17-2010, 01:44 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

hi gang

busy of late
group hug

I am fine tho Nands : LOL
D
Old 04-18-2010, 07:07 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

had an awsome day yesterday! Wrote 4 or more new poems and got eerything in order in the house...didn't get the bills paid will do that this morning...

Hows everyone? Drinking thoughts were not an issue yesterday and not so far today for me.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:13 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Can totaly relate to the change in relationships nands. I think we all react to some degree, not just with relationships but with change in general. For me the reaction comes from fear. I become defensive and withdraw. Since becoming sober I'm trying to observe the changes rather than react.

CG how long you in Canada for? sounds like I nice trip.

Dee your always brief and busy!
Old 04-19-2010, 09:56 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

cola girl....how are you doing?????

Your in new territory now...i thought you might post more....

Pixie...I don't know if i already shared this, but it was a real eyeopener to me the other night when i was rushing around that the point isn't to "look like i'm enjoying life", but to actually enjoy it

anyhow...lets hear some updates please
Old 04-19-2010, 08:16 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
getting there

Hey all,
Finally went off those d*mn antibiotics last night. Today I felt like I was in heroin withdrawal - horrible stuff! Now I just have to "wait and see" if the infection is gone. And you all know how patience is my strong suit!

We're just going to Canada for a long weekend - leaving Thursday, coming back Sunday. We are going to Vancouver and it's only a few hours away. I'm so bummed about the timing of this infection, it's killing my Canada buzz! Trying to think positive and be excited...
Old 04-20-2010, 01:24 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

ah CG (hug)

relax...take a bath...pull out some info on canada and get in the spirit!