Members with less than 2 weeks-Welcome! Part 11

Old 02-17-2010, 05:47 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

TB......Jack........ back

OZ.... ..You are doing super!
Old 02-17-2010, 06:47 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

TB and Jay....as you know, the door here is always open. There is no one here who would say this road is easy, but it is doable. I remember posting on this thread that those of us here are in this together. Sometimes we need to be pushed, sometimes pulled and sometimes we need to piggy back. But the fact is that we are all tethered together, and it is love, concern and common experiences that bind us.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:39 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I did eat today, some chicken broth with a little spinach and carrots, some noodles, some vitamins, a yogurt and pudding, tons of herbal tea, gingerale and 3 pineapple spears....stomach is much better, i'm eying a chocolate cookie.

biggest issue is insomnia and leg soreness, taking tylenol and my correct HTN meds.

watching the olympics snowboarding and trying to wind down to get some sleep.....just had a VERY life-like black fur mouse toy dropped on my chest by one of the cats...my HR is up!
Old 02-17-2010, 08:16 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

good for the food Fandy...i think we get past withdrawl faster when we have some good nutritien
Old 02-17-2010, 09:38 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Sandy.....you are moving right along....

I .ve always resented sleeping ....but this link might help you

Insomnia? 42 Simple Tips to Help You Get to Sleep - Insomnia treatment, cures

I suggest drinking a lot of water to quicker flush out toxins.
Drinking Ensure and Gatorade ...also help get you back in balance
IMO
Old 02-18-2010, 03:43 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Well, thanks to the chat room I finally got out of that 12 hour period where another drink doesn't look fun, but sure looks better than the moment... took me a while. But I'm now almost 12 hours sober and I'm not thinking about drinking to take away the shakes...

Take care y'all.
TB
Old 02-18-2010, 04:26 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I'm on Day 3 and although i don't feel like whipping my weight in wildcats, I feel better than I have in a month. most of the physical aches have stopped, i am eating some fruit,drinking tea (both caffeine and non)...i will go back to coffee later. i must be re-hydrated, i'm passing water normally, clear urine (sorry for the graphics). The most important is that I SLEPT 5.5 hours!!!!!....i dozed off to Bobby Flay's throw-down of cheese steaks (which sounds pretty good right now). i woke up once, made another cup of vanilla honey tea, downed it and was able to fall back to sleep. i feel rested, i feel hungry. I am taking my supplements including Quecertin. I'm going to try some oatmeal for breakfast and real soup for lunch. i'll disperse my vitamins throughout the day. i'm so relieved i could cry...but i won't because my face is DEFINITELY less puffed and bloated. HAH! Day 3 will be better than Day 2 and Day 4 will be better than Day 3..etc.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:54 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jackstone View Post
3rd day 1 in the last 10 days - not doing so good. On the positive side, I haven't drank on 7 of those 10 days. Just can't keep it going. Looking to get through tonite.
JS, you're still here, and still posting. Which is GREAT! I bet I've had a thousand day 1's

Old 02-18-2010, 08:44 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Jackstone, you will improve your odds, make a plan and believe it. you are posting here because you want to stop.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:02 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the words of encouragment.

Fandy - I know we're not supposed to give medical advice, but not sure if this falls under that rule: I've read a lot about Tylenol and Alcohol - very, very bad for the liver - please be careful - maybe try Advil or Motrin instead.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:58 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hey JS, my doctor told me to take tylenol when i'm not consuming alcohol....due to my HTN...of course I've taken it with alcohol too (in the past)..and yes, you are correct it is bad for your liver.

what I'm i'm going to do the next time i hit the store is get plain old Benydril (which is the other compound of TylenolPM...thank you for posting and caring....very kind.

check out my new signature....
Old 02-18-2010, 01:03 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

OK i'm nearing the end of Day 3 at work and there are definite improvements, less aches, less fatigue...I ate real food, consumed about 24 ounces of tea at work. i have a bottle of water in my car. i am heading to the nursing home to visit Mama for the first time in 2 weeks...i hope she remembers me....I didn't want to infect her last week as she was recovering from an UTI..(Mama is 90 and has advancing dementia)...I do not expect to hear singing from my car heater tonight and a trip to the grocery for some fresh coldcuts sounds good to me. thanks again for keeping me going.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:17 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Roll on Sandy......
I do like your new positive sig
Old 02-18-2010, 06:09 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Smile Day 12

..I hope the recovery journey,continues for us all...oxo..ozy
Old 02-18-2010, 08:37 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

7 days.

My older toddler really put us through the ringer tonight. I could only think about how great it would be to tie one on when she finally crashed. But, when I actually got a moment to think about it, I couldn't come up with a reason why that was a good idea. I thought out every idea or justification for slipping, and the consequences, both emotional and physical - and it didn't seem worth it anymore.

I went to the gym and beat the holy !#@% out of myself instead. Got milkshakes for me and the missus, and drove right by my favorite alcohol stop without any desire to tread that path tonight.

Here's to 1 week.

Thanks to everyone for posting! Oz, Fandy, JS, Carol, bubba, ananda, HideorSeek, and everyone else! The encouragement is great, as is not going through this alone. :ghug3
Old 02-19-2010, 04:58 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Somebody PINCH me...(ok ouch that's enough)....i again slept almost 6 hours last night and i am on Day 4...my sense of humor has replaced my sarcasm. i'm a little foggy but it's normal morning foggy, not hungover foggy....i did regular morning cat chores, garbage, face, the TV is on i know what the weather will be.

I am not religious, i'm a little spiritual...last week, when i first became ill with the GI virus, i gave up the general prayer (as i had my head in the kitchen sink)...ohpleaseGodgivemesomethingtogetmeoutofthis flippingmessiwanttodie....and i now believe there was devine intervention....who knew that God would steer me with Google?

BTW, i do not mean any blasphemy or to offend anyone.....I am amazed that I have reached this point...DAY 4!!! on my own...without anyone tieing me down.

I had a lot of sodium yesterday in some beef broth, so my face is puffy, but with my meds and a lot of liquids i can flush that out...overall there is more "brightness" even though i am winter-dry....i gotta run and get to work, back later and thanks again to all of you for helping me everyday. i wouldnt be at this point without you.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:50 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

13th day

..keep go'in Fandy..

..get this!!!..my eye-sight is improving so now I can watch T.V
with-out wearing glasses..true!!!

..To all of us...enjoy another *sober* day..AML...Oz..
Old 02-19-2010, 06:12 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

OZ.........Well done......

Of course you are more than welcome to stay here with
us and continue share I sure hope you will...
Old 02-19-2010, 06:18 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I went to my friend's mother's wake with my other close BFF & my contractor (we are all friends and neighbors)...all they know is that I've had the GI virus...it was jokingly suggested that I needed "a shot of schnapps" to cure my bug....an old Hungarian remedy, booze kills all germs....but no one forced/cajoled anything on me....they are very concerned about my health in general ....

back home to tea and kitties hanging on the purr-pads..and reading the labels on my vitamins...turns out i have been taking regular to double doses of B1 with my Phosphytel Serine and Bcomplex for months!!! duh....and if i remember from reading correctly it is ok to do that because the vitamin in even large doses is minimally/slowly absorbed?
Old 02-19-2010, 06:21 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Sandy...

My religion is church based
My recovery is spirit based

Living in recovery has certanly deepened my awareness
of spirituality......you might find that true for you too...

Don't have a clue about your med's or supplements.
I did take B1 for perhaps a year.

Keep moving forward.....you are doing great!