Notices

Class of January 2010

Old 01-10-2010, 09:55 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Living in the moment!

Day 8 complete!!

OH....I do NOT miss the hangovers......I would have a pounding headache that progressively got worse over 2 days!!!! Insane!!!

Today, I am amazed at my energy level and the DESIRE to take care of every day stuff!! I am hosting the sewing group tomorrow (by choice!) at my house and I am cooking a Mexican food lunch for the group!! I have not entertained in soooooo long.....just toooooo much work when I was drinking!!! I feel like I am ready to rejoin society!!

Off to dreamland for me!! Tootles!!!
Old 01-10-2010, 01:36 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I also want to join this class. I stopped drinking at 01/01.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:10 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Welcome, Wallingford!!

All - how do we do this...? Do we keep posting daily or often right here in this same thread as to our progress?

Thanks!
Old 01-11-2010, 06:07 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

No drinking and no regrets this weekend. Feeling good.

Humble, I think thats the idea behind the class threads but I don't really know. I've been popping here to read how everybody is doing and to update on how I'm doing. But honestly, I think you can and should post anything you feel like posting.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:34 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hey guys...day 11 here! Man it feels great. I have the house to myself all day today. Normally that would mean buying a case of beer and gettin' drunk...waiting for family to come home....and most likely see me passed out.

But not anymore! I'm researching different online universities This whole sober thing is nice.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:01 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I'm in. I was doing good until last night. Snuck three and felt horrible about it but wanted more. I was up to 7 days clean. I have yet to sleep well.

I was googling Craig Ferguson's from the heart speech and found this great website.

For some reason I feel a lot better doing this with a group.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:23 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Don't resist, allow

Hi Aaron and welcome.

I have not been here long but this is a really great site with very supportive people. I'm finding it very helpful to post and read in my early recovery. It keeps me focused and as my alcoholic mind can quickly forget how bad it gets when I drink, reading stories here reminds me so I don't have to try it out for myself againKeep in touch.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:53 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

[QUOTE....

All - how do we do this...? Do we keep posting daily or often right here in this same thread as to our progress?

....QUOTE]

I think it would be a good way to do it.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:02 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

My workday was very stressful and normally I would have bought one or two bottles of wine on my way home. I thought about it when I came by the store; not that I really wanted to do it, but that I normally would have done it.

I´m glad that I´m sitting here clean and sober with a cup of tea.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:06 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Day 7 and feel better than I have in ages. Sober weekend in the rearview mirror! Made it to the gym both Saturday and Sunday.....unheard of when I was drinking! My wife was telling me..."Wow, it is nice to see you up and doing things instead of sunk into the couch".
Old 01-11-2010, 01:18 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Provider View Post
Day 7 and feel better than I have in ages. Sober weekend in the rearview mirror! Made it to the gym both Saturday and Sunday.....unheard of when I was drinking! My wife was telling me..."Wow, it is nice to see you up and doing things instead of sunk into the couch".
This is so great to read, Provider
Old 01-11-2010, 01:38 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I'm in!!

Hi everyone. My last drink was on the 7/1/10. Feeling pretty pleased with myself for finally making the decision to quit but also apprehensive about the road ahead.

Great to see there is support out there. Wishing you all the very best and ready to take it one day at a time!

Here's to 2010!
Old 01-11-2010, 02:07 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hi guys...was hoping I could join you. I've been around these parts for a few months and had some stumbles. Went 42 days till that week before xmas and the new year. I still post in the November 09 thread, but would like to come here too as my new quit date is Jan 3. Glad to hear you all are doing well and enjoying that clear head! It's great, isn't it?
Old 01-11-2010, 03:15 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
The New Me starting 1/11/09

Welcome to all the Jan 2010 group members!

I too am a member of the January 2009 group.

Today, I celebrate my one year birthday.

I didn't do anything that special. I just worked at my sobriety every day. With SR + AA + helping other alcoholics, it has worked (so far) for me.

For newcomers, it can seem overwhelming, but by focusing on just not drinking today and working to build the life coping tools to deal with your real problems (for which alcohol is just our solution), you can do it.

Don't give up. My life has become really nice - basically happy, more balanced, and able to get back on track.

I would like to join your group as I am just one drink away from being right back where I was. Congrats everyone on your first few days and keep it going ...
Old 01-11-2010, 03:58 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hi Boys and Girls,
I'm a January 1, 2010 quit so I'm going to join you all on the life raft! I'm going to AA daily and have met some really sweet people, some really smart people, and some really f*%$#d up people as well. but it's not called Wellness annonymous is it?? Met a couple the other day where the husband was a match to save his wife by giving her a portion of his liver. A speaker last Tuesday described drinking a half gallon of cheap vodka daily plus a 30 pack of beer for several years at the Jersey shore in retirement before he finally put the plug in the jug! Damn I don't even feel pitiful enought to be in AA some days. I was only drinking 20 something shots a night for the last 10 years. Not living in my car either which is a plus!! God bless you all and let's hang in there to gether one day at a time...........
Old 01-11-2010, 04:53 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Boo, welcome! My quit was 1-3-10, and the support here in incredible.

Mirage, welcome, and congrats on 42 days, I wish could say I'd had that much time in years.

Newcomer, welcome, and congrats on a year. I appreciate the encouragement we're getting from all the earlier classes, especially the January 09 Class. To only be in the same position next year.....

Steppin, welcome. I am going to as few AA meetings as possible. Of course, for me, that has turned out to be almost every day, and twice Saturday. I am grateful that both it and SR are there.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:13 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

In on 01-01-10 here so I guess today is day 11 for me. Definitely feeling healthier and stronger now as I don't have that damn anchor attached to my body anymore.

I have been trying to stay very busy and so far the cravings have been very minor. I felt suddenly scared a few times for no apparent reason and then I realize I'm not drinking anymore and that's what seems scary. But it will pass.

You really can get a decent bit more done sober. I have lots of projects to help me fill that void. Boredom is a HUGE trigger for me. Good luck to everyone, keep 'er going.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:10 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hi all newbies! (Coming from a newbie myself!) I'm on day 16 today, and feeling better than even just one week out. Since the longest I ever went without drinking was about a week, I always assumed that day 7 was what normal feels like. Figured I was sobered up, and detoxed, time to start again. But, what I'm discovering, is that my body is continuing to slowly feel even BETTER than the 7 day mark, and so is my mind.

Old 01-11-2010, 08:35 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hello all, I quit again on 01-05-2010. I did happen to quit in june of 09 for 42 days and thought I could handle one beer. Well we all know what happened, I have been on sauce train ever since.

I also quit smoking on 01-05-2010, man this is hard, But I am coping, just need some sleep.

Congrats to all.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:43 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
BJB

I'm so happy to find you guys!

Thank you SO MUCH for creating this thread. I have been looking for support for years. I have tried stopping a few times but never like this. I have reached out to close friends because I felt like I had a drinking problem but my friends would say I didn't. They just didn't see me behind closed doors.

I quit drinking on January 4th, 2010. I did it on my own because I didn't find support/companions I related to and my friends didn't believe me. To create the illusion of support, I created a public blog. The blog has helped me SO MUCH!

It never occurred to me until tonight to search for forums where people might be experiencing the same thing. I am SO thrilled to find you folks. Thank you for starting this. It is so exciting and empowering to meet other folks who are starting their journey to sober & healthy living at the same time.

So, thanks. This really makes a difference.

-Betty