Notices

August Sobriety Group - pt.7

Old 12-29-2009, 03:06 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

I do too...........why did they take it away????? Software issues maybe?

Lurking more than posting lately........trying to gain the courage to get that step going again...............glad Richard is here.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:54 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Administrator

theres a techno reason
It'll be back.

Glad you and Richard are back VC
D
Old 12-29-2009, 05:27 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Good Evening!

It's like a reunion in here! I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy! :)

Sweet Dreams Everyone! :)
Old 12-29-2009, 05:45 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

yay reunion

glad to hear the thanks button will be making a return dee

it is wednesday here and i am getting excited about New year, for the first time in ages!

i dont have to worry about social anxieties, drinking... etc...
and as brent said, i will wake up healthy and happy to face the new year!

cheers all
kate

ps hope you and your son feel better soon melissa
Old 12-29-2009, 06:35 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Meow

Welcome back Richard & VC.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:50 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Good morning friends. I am quitting drinking today... 12.30.2009.

Will check in later.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:40 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Hey TJ- Welcome back! Missed you on the boards, but have been keeping up with you on facebook! So what caused you to make this decision today? I am very happy for you and the decision you have made. Let us know what we can do to help, OK?
Old 12-30-2009, 07:37 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hi all...great to see so many back here with us in Augustville....

Richard, it is great that your wife is quitting too.
Sphal., good to hear that sobriety is treating you well.
VC-welcome back.
Melissa-as always, you are such an inspiration...thanks for sharing.
Kate..rockin in the New Year with a clear head...it doesn't get better then that.
TJ-glad you are here. Have you been back to AA at all?

Brent-your New Years plans sound like fun..let us know how it goes.

TB-how are you doing?

End of year is a busy time for me...good thing I am sober to keep trucking on.....

Peace
Old 12-30-2009, 07:41 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Yfrog - boogy
Old 12-30-2009, 08:14 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Thanks, Brent. What caused me to want to stop drinking? Well, I don't like who I am when I drink. You saw what I did on Facebook last night. It was awful!!!

Anew --- I don't think I'll use AA right now. I want to do this on my own this time. I don't want to get into the sponsor thing. We'll see how it goes.

Things will be better soon. I'll on Day 1 and coming off of a rough night. Glad to be back with you all.

Laura
Old 12-30-2009, 08:47 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

TJ- I understand.I know at one time you found some strength and support there. You don't have to do the sponsor thing if you don't want to.

The difference AA has made for me, is that even though I knew I had a problem, and had some significant sober time behind me before, I never completely let alcohol go. I never really knew how.

It was as if I was surrending in a war zone...holding up the white flag, yet, keeping my ammo, my booze in my back pocket. So, at anytime, I would or could, just pull it out and stay in the fight, the battle.

I have surrendered this time., I have said uncle, I give. I surrendered my weapons. AA helped me to do that. There is such serenity and peace in realizing I never have to drink
again. I have made a choice. Now I continue on that journey to realize the full potential of me, my life, my journey sober.

That is the difference for me, this time around. Its nice to be out of the war zone...

Peace
Old 12-30-2009, 08:57 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Yeah, I did see that Laura. Best wishes to you and your recovery! Know that we are all here and will do anything we can to help you succeed! AA is your choice. Some can recover without it. I couldn't, but some can. You take whatever path you feel is right to stop drinking. I have found so many times though that: nothing changes if nothing changes. Saying you are done drinking is great but it takes tools to make it stick. I dont know how many times all of us here have said "I am done" only to find ourselves drunk a short time later. You need those tools when your brain starts telling you that it is OK to drink again. When that happens, just saying I am done is not always enough.

Hugs to all of my August friends! I can't wait until we are all sober in here together sharing stories of our miserable drunken days and laughing about it!
Old 12-30-2009, 01:56 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Welcome back Richard, Laura, VC... (sending courage to post more often).

I'm okay. Still going to a meeting a day. Now it's raining again, so I'm just inside till I go to the meetings, come home. Play on the internet--I've found more things to play with. And get mad at it--there's erratic reception in this new dorm.

I got a commitment last night in the meeting, to put away the coffee stuff.

Take care y'all, happy New Year if my internet dies till then.

TB, kinda just blank-ish
Old 12-30-2009, 02:18 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy New Year to you all
Here's hoping 2010 will be all you hope it will be

D
Old 12-30-2009, 02:28 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thirtybubba View Post

I got a commitment last night in the meeting, to put away the coffee stuff.

What is the coffee stuff?
Old 12-30-2009, 03:59 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Um, creamer and cups and such.

Man, I'm listless and irritable. Do those even go together? I don't wanna do anything, but everything ticks me off. I wanna do laundry. Stupid holidays, shutting everything down. Even my car looks lonely out there in the parking lot all by itself. I'm only holding on 'cause I gotta go to that AA meeting... this doesn't seem healthy.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:47 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Administrator

The alternative sure ain't healthy...or pretty TB.
Sometimes we run, sometimes we run, and sometimes we just hang on.

I'm feeling a little listlessly irritable myself LOL.
D
Old 12-30-2009, 06:41 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Hello classmates,
Just checking in. I really miss that thank you button.
It is really good to hear that bdiddy and Sphalerite are still sober, I'm so rooting for you guys. (and gal) Thirtybubba, also good to hear that you are sober, you must pass that 20 day record. Hang in there, glad to hear you are doing service work.
Anew, that puppy sure is cute.
Richard, good to hear that you both are going to quit, it is easier when you both do this together. My husband doesn't drink, so it wasn't as if I had temptation in the home, when trying not 2 drink.
TJ, what happened on facebook? Not nosy, but you have always shared the bad with the good, so just curious. I hope you are well.
Nothing new to report. Still sober and hardly ever get a carving now. 5 months the 31st of December, after a short 2 day relaspe. Before that I had well over 5 years!!
Hope everyone is doing well. Hello's to BF, PC, VC and anono.
Stay strong everyone.
MIA, please check in.
Old 12-31-2009, 06:27 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Post deleted due to technical difficulties...must have FIREWORKS!
Old 12-31-2009, 06:33 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Good Morning and Happy New Year's Eve!

"Whatever you can dream you can do, begin it; boldness has genius, power and magic in it." ~Goethe
I am SO EXCITED for the New Year! I have BIG PLANS for this new, magical year. I have gathered up all my resources, which include sources of support and encouragment for every area of my life that I would like to change. I've got books, magazines, new tools (like small kitchen appliances and exercise equipment) and I am READY to go! WHOO-HOO!

Now don't get me wrong...things are FAR from perfect. I woke up today feeling lousy. We're all run down and fighting colds. My kids are already fighting and my husband is cranky. I have lots of negative energy working against me. And I know that the stroke of midnight is not going to tranform my life into the magical place I want it to be. New Year's Day is simply a starting point. I am ready. I want to live my life to the fullest and BE HAPPY.

I encourage anyone wanting the same to do the following...TODAY!

1. Make a list of things that are worth celebrating in 2010 and DO IT! Celebrate it no matter how small it is! It's important to feel a sense of accomplishment and gratitude. It helps us to move forward with confidence and thanksgiving for the opportunity that lies ahead.

2. Make a list of things you would like to change and/or achieve, or at least works towards, in 2010. It's important to have goals and to dream. My grandfather once said "What's the sense in living if you cannot dream?" At the time, I thought that was a depressing statement, but the older I get, the more I understand it. Dreaming is SO IMPORTANT. Many times people hear the word "dream" and they automatically associate the word with things left to the impossible. NOT SO! Start writing down those goals, chase after that dream and LIVE the BEST life you can! Nothing is impossible!

3. Gather your resources! I think one of the most important resources is inspiration, encouragement and support. So I would suggest finding an online community that will inspire and encourage you to work towards your goals. There are so many available at the tip of your fingers: diet, exercise, financial, life makeovers, etc. Books are a great resource to have! Hit Barnes and Noble or take a trip to the library and gather books and magazines that will encourage you in your new journey. Gather up all the tools you will need to begin right away!

4. Become a student of life! Get absorbed in what it is that makes you happy! Read about it, research it, think about it. It is so true that get out what you put it! So give it your all and begin reaping the benefits today!

That's just a small list, but I wanted to share my enthusiasm for what lies ahead in 2010 for all of us! We are the authors of our own story...let's begin to write one heck of a bestseller!

Make it a GREAT day everyone!
LOVE
xo