Notices

August Sobriety Group - pt.7

Old 12-23-2009, 05:08 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Zebra-hoping your time away is wonderful, enjoy.

TC-sorry to hear of your loss., so, sad especially this time of year.

TJ-Merry Christmas right back at ya....good to see you here.

Well, today I will be able to make my meeting. It is my sponsors belly button birthday, I am giving her a little scarf I knitted. I will also pick up my 60 day chip on my 64th day of sobriety.

Hoping everyones day is a joyous one..

Peace
Old 12-23-2009, 05:20 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Good Morning! :) :) :)

Talk about bad news and then good news!

(((KC)))...I'm really sorry to hear about your husband's best friend. That is so sad :(

(((thirtybubba)))...I am SO, SO happy for you! SO, SO HAPPY!!!

Make it a WONDERFUL day everyone!
Love,
Old 12-23-2009, 07:22 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Welcome back TB. Sounds like you have found something that you can sink your teeth into. You have been given an opportunity to really make this sobriety happen. What a gift! I pray that you use it to your fullest potential. I am SOOOOOO happy for you! I can't wait to track your progress on here and hear about all of the wonderful things that sobriety will bring to your life. PS: Where do you keep finding the potluck meetings? I haven't found one of those yet. All we ever have is miniature candy bars! haha.

Merry Xmas to all of you, and I wish you all the best. We are buckling down around here for a HUGE snow storm that is supposed to hit this evening and last until Saturday morning. Not good since everyone is trying to travel for the holidays. We are supposed to get about 20 inches of snow starting tonight.

Hugs to all of you.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:16 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Morning y'all.

ANew, you and me both on the prayer thing. That Saturday between the attmept to quit and the nigh-miracle was when I had come to the conclusion that this was just gonna be me again--I couldn't quit. Can't tell you why, I just couldn't.

Spent so many years tethered to the bottle, it saddened me but... what could I do?

I fell to my knees easily, praying for something, anything to come across my path that would help me out of this living Hell... and fell asleep a few hours later. Didn't think of it like a last-chance... but I think it was. My mind was truly beginning to adapt itself for the changes that would have to be made for me drinking all the time... Because, since I wasn't likely to run across anybody on a emptied out campus on a Sunday... and I was in no position make it to church... too far and I was too drunk (but not drunk enough to think anything's a good idea) to make it safely, because of these and more--basically no way anybody was gonna intervene soon enough, so I figured it was a lost cause.

Somebody forgot about mysterious ways, or possibly forgot this little inanimate object in front of me contains people. It is difficult for my pre-computer-age brain to comprehend sometimes... I mean, I *know* y'all are people... oh heck, whatever.

But yeah, Brent, not gonna give up what I got... that's not me.

PS. Hope you have a fireplace. 20" around here usually/only refers to rims...

Have a lovely holiday season, y'all...
TB, on day 3.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:23 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Meow

I'm so happy for you, TB!

Anew - what's a belly button birthday?
Old 12-23-2009, 12:26 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Oh...TB...your post just brought a smile to my face....can ya see it??

The season of miracles....I believe!!!

I feel like I did when I logged on and read the Brent had found what you, I and countless others have...its a nice feeling.

Peace
Old 12-23-2009, 01:32 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

merry christmas nearly guys.. it is christmas eve here now (although morning!!)

i too am one of the working over christmas people!! speaking of which...

take care all

I MISS THE THANKS BUTTON!!

KATE
Old 12-23-2009, 04:20 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
KC1

KC here. Hubby is being a real PIA. I feel bad he lost his friend, it was horrible and I am sorry I drank the wine. Now he (hubby) is refusing to do work around the house saying "life is too short", blah blah blah. You could die tomorrow so why do anything you don't WANT to do. I said "where do you draw the line....life's too short so you don't get out of bed all day, you just lie there watching tv, or life's too short, so you don't get dressed cuz it's too much trouble, or what?????????? He called me a bit*h and so it goes. Sigh. My vacation is only 6 days away and while I am looking forward to it, but it is going to be work with a hubby with that kind of attitude.
Old 12-24-2009, 07:31 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas Eve Everyone...

KC-don't know what to say...life on lifes terms is hard sometimes. There are good days,and bad, life and death...all we have is today. We buried a friend of mine on Monday...he died from ALS at age 59, with his first grandchild just six months old...
he did get to meet her, he lived a good life, and so it goes on.

I am looking forward to a long holiday weekend, with my family, starting with a nice dinner this evening and midnight mass.
Old 12-24-2009, 06:07 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
KC1

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, my internet friends! I am probably going to be MIA for a few weeks, as we embark on our annual tropical vacation. Please know that I am thinking of you all, and you are all in my prayers (something I have recently started to do). If I have access, I will check in from vacation in the Islands. If not, don't worry about me being MIA. I will be back home on 1/16/2010. Please take care, try not to drink, but if you do, you know you can always come back here. Talk to you all in a few weeks.

KC
Old 12-24-2009, 08:42 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas friends xoxo

My son is sick tonight with the stomach bug so Christmas is not what I had planned. We all have to roll with the punches. Stay safe and well, friends --

Laura
Old 12-25-2009, 03:26 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

((TJ)) ((TJ Jr)) (can't very well call him Laura Jr...)

KC, have fun... real fun.

ANew... um, hug.

Anono... I agree. THANK YOU BUTTON, please. Thank you.

Merry Christmas y'all.

I spent all day hanging out with the sponsor lady, we went to Costco and stuff. I got some sample Ruffles... yes, Ruffles. Then she couldn't find parking, so she asked me to drive around while she went in somewhere. I got stuck in traffic in the parking lot... I'm sure she had a few minutes worrying that I'd taken off with her brand new car. Later I fell asleep on her couch--just couldn't stay awake (I'd woken up scared to death from one of those lovely 'drinking dreams'). Then we went to a meeting, then to a Christmas party... half the people were drinking.

But that wasn't what got to me, I think it's just the newness of sobriety again, I just started getting antsy around midnight. This time 'round, it feels much more like the very first time--the time before I relapsed and joined y'all. But then again, all the relapses I've had were only a week or so, 5 or 6 bottles... this time I was drunk almost every day for a few weeks. Back to the original withdrawal, really. Lots of emotions, like yesterday being seriously depressed, and today being overly happy.

Talked to my roommate till about 3 am... poor roommate. I was just hyper.

I've pretty much figured out what keeps me relapsing. It's not any particular thing or incident... the one thing they all have in common is that each time it's when I'm getting used to being sober, and deep down I'm kinda scared of what "it'll be like" and, more important, what *I* will be like. I just don't know, and a lot of the things I'm experiencing are reflecting a TB I'm not sure I like or want to be. Little things mostly, like losing my memory and just blanking out sometimes, not remembering things people tell me, not really having a sense of self-preservation... these disturb me.

I got a Christmas present. Face wash and body wash... Happybubba.

Take care, and like KC said, um, don't drink.
TB, day 4 and on much more solid ground
Old 12-25-2009, 05:47 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Good Morning and Merry Christmas!

Love and (((hugs))) to you all!
XO
Old 12-25-2009, 09:04 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas to all of my August friends!

I had the most amazing day yesterday. I'll just say that it was the best Christmas Eve I've had since I was a kid--and I owe it ALL to the fact that I am no longer drinking. Ditto goes for today so far, but last night was something special...All I can say is wow. Today I am a truly grateful alcoholic.

TB:

Take care everyone, and have a wonderful holiday season.

--Sphal
Old 12-25-2009, 10:10 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Meow

Merry Christmas everyone!

KC, enjoy your vacation. TB, I'm so glad you are back with us and things are looking up.

Hubby is watching the new HDTV I was able to afford to get him for Christmas with my not-drinking money.
Old 12-26-2009, 02:30 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

sorry to hear about your friend anew.. (hug)

saph i too had the best christmas for years due to staying sober!! it was great! i cant believe how much better life is getting, each day at a time

lol pc, i bet he was pleased with his none drinking gift, keep saving like you have been and the next one is for you!

enjoy the rest of the holiday guys

kate
Old 12-27-2009, 07:33 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Just checking in everyone. Glad to see so many of you are doing well. TB: Congrats, and so glad things are looking up. One day at a time! I know you can do this!

I am here, sober! I have made it through the holidays with no problem. I am just enjoying myself soooo much more. Turns out I am a pretty crazy guy even sober! haha. I have a story for all of you. So my whole family was home and out at my parents house. We got a huge blizzard here with LOTS of snow. We were sitting in my parents living room, fire burning.... and my brother says "let's have a contest to see who can strip down to their underwear and run out and touch the fence and come back in the fastest." He was totally joking, but we were all getting a bit stir crazy sitting in the house. So I jumped up (in front of my 2 sister in laws, parents, etc.) and stripped to my underwear in front of everyone and ran out the door running through the yard in waist deep snow. Everyone was laughing so hard, they couldn't believe I actually did it. I came back in, put my clothes back on and sat back down on the couch. It will be a story for the ages, I am sure. Then yesterday we went on our annual family bowling event. Right in the middle of the lanes, with all of my extended family there, I busted out "the worm." Anyone know what that is? I did the worm right across the lanes. Pretty classic. Usually this maneuver only comes out at wedding dances when I am pretty wasted. Well, turns out I will do it sober too! haha.

OK, enough stories. Just happy to be sober and spending some quality time with family. Hugs to you all, and see you soon!

Brent
Old 12-27-2009, 02:21 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
KC1

BD - LOVE the story. I can just picture it! Who says you have to be wasted to have a good time? That is so great. I am glad you had such a good time.

I just finished packing for my trip. My mother loaned me some of those bags where you put all your clothes in and then push the air out and it flattens the pile of clothes into one small little square. Well, it does work! I just put three weeks worth of clothes into one of those bags and it is now no bigger than a Sunday New York Times newspaper. We shall see what shape the clothes are in when I get there on Wednesday.

BD - I will try to check in from the islands to see what other kinds of things you are up to. I can't promise I won't drink, but I am sure going to try really really hard. Maybe I will have just as funny a story.

KC
Old 12-27-2009, 03:28 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

hello all.... sounds like everyone has had a good christmas..

what about those MIA?? are they just busy??

roll call!
have a good holiday KC, i hope you have a sober funny story

brent, its good when sober to realise you can still be crazy and have fun isnt it, i think i am doing it more now because i know it wont go to far.. so dont have that worry!

its making me more social all round really

enjoy the rest of your christmas break guys
kate
Old 12-27-2009, 05:26 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone..sounds like everyone survived Christmas.

TJ-hoping our son is feeling better.

PC-way to go on saving up for the tv for your hubby.

Brent....well...sounds like you were a human popsicle...that story is too funny!!Nice to hear that are enjoying the holiday.

KC-bon voyage...

I have a new fur-baby. It was part of my christmas gift.I picked her out yesterday at our local humane shelter. She looks like an Ewok, all fluffy and furry. Still trying to come up with a name for her..

Hoping everyones Sunday night is great.