Notices

Living In Sobriety Pt 27

Old 12-03-2009, 07:56 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Nan for me I have enough problems of my own to worry and get caught up in someone elses problems, your dad is old enough to handle things on his own. I understand that you are worried about your dad, but as alcoholics we tend to involve ourselves in everyone elses problems, drama is not good for us in sobriety, especially early sobriety. I would step away from it, but that is only my opinion.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:00 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Good Morning Sober, yes I find I always hear what I need to also. All I can say is Sobriety Rocks.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:04 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Bee, I guess all I can do is listen as he is keeping me abreast of the developments. You are correct about alcoholics thriving on drama. This one does and I am staying out of this for sure.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:09 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Good for you Nan, stay far away. Its really not healthy for you to be involved in your dad's marriage problems.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:23 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Here I am, reluctantly posting. Bad meds again, folks. Coming off ones that didn't work for me and I'm withdrawing from them as we speak. Major emotional and mental pain. My pdoc is seeing me after work today where he will prescribe something else. I am a mess on the inside, but am keeping it together on the outside. I am in an absolute panic about starting the new job next week. I feel like I am having a nervous breakdown. I need to remember it's just the meds. Just the meds.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:27 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Makes me wonder why he has chosen me as his confidant. I guess because he feels like I will keep my mouth shut, which I will. I just hope this does not wind up being a nasty divorce.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:43 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
Here I am, reluctantly posting. Bad meds again, folks. Coming off ones that didn't work for me and I'm withdrawing from them as we speak. Major emotional and mental pain. My pdoc is seeing me after work today where he will prescribe something else. I am a mess on the inside, but am keeping it together on the outside. I am in an absolute panic about starting the new job next week. I feel like I am having a nervous breakdown. I need to remember it's just the meds. Just the meds.
Hey there. I'm going through Paxil withdrawal this week and it is kicking my ass.

What are you getting off of if not too personal?

Sorry for your

(((hug)))
Old 12-03-2009, 09:32 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

I am in an absolute panic about starting the new job next week. I feel like I am having a nervous breakdown. I need to remember it's just the meds. Just the meds.
Ro it is the meds. Your HP did not take you to this job, having you pass all tests involved with it just to have you fail. You are going to be super, you need to start believing in yourself. You will be great, I have faith in your ability to do that job well.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:49 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Ditto, Ro, to what Bee said. I'm sorry that you are having a rough time.

And Nan, I also agree with Bee on this one as well. I'm sorry that you are in the midst of this, but do what you can to keep your own head above water. Easier said, than done, I know....

Huge Hugs to both of you...and to you, too, my Ditto Damsel!
Old 12-03-2009, 09:54 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Originally Posted by bananagrrrl View Post
Makes me wonder why he has chosen me as his confidant. I guess because he feels like I will keep my mouth shut, which I will. I just hope this does not wind up being a nasty divorce.

Nan I can hear you worrying from here. co dep screaming out of you.

You have so much of your own stuff to concentrate on and sometimes these outside issues are only a distraction to what really going on. Dont let that happen. this disease is smart!!...and Life is life!!

There will always be a drama going on somewhere, we have to learn to be careful with other peoples business. Your dad managed to date this woman all by himself and ask her to marry her all by himself too.

You can be there for your dad share a coffee or whatever but be careful with OPINIONS! they can backfire. Its clear they have issues and maybe thats about all you can say.

"Dad its clear there are issues here, and I am sorry your hurting, but its between you and your wife... and you have got to find a way to communicate with her."
Old 12-03-2009, 09:55 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. Soberinwpg I was hospitalized after abrupt Paxil cessation - be careful! I am coming off Seroquel - had only just started taking it. Major anxiety and racing thoughts and I am panicking like you wouldn't believe.
Thanks Bee for what you said. I'll get this under control and I'll be fine. I sure hope I get stabilized again.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:56 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

I don't know where to put this so here I am.

Today (and many other days before me) I am grateful that I am not like my co-worker anymore. Yes I have periods of self will run riot. I am human , but I used to be like her. All the time. Chasing my own tail. Getting pissed when things didn't go my way. Angry & self-justified. Basically a rebel without a clue.

Thank you God for sanity.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:58 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Rowan you know WE love you here and miss you when your not posting. So if all you can do is post and express your pain and discomfort....then go for it!!

BTW may I remind you we were here before and LOOK WHAT YOU ACHIEVED!!

your a much stronger woman than you give yourseld credit for I am finding!!

actually somtimes you make me a tad envious!!
Old 12-03-2009, 09:59 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Originally Posted by soberinwpg View Post
I don't know where to put this so here I am.

Today (and many other days before me) I am grateful that I am not like my co-worker anymore. Yes I have periods of self will run riot. I am human , but I used to be like her. All the time. Chasing my own tail. Getting pissed when things didn't go my way. Angry & self-justified. Basically a rebel without a clue.

Thank you God for sanity.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:00 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
Thanks guys. Soberinwpg I was hospitalized after abrupt Paxil cessation - be careful! I am coming off Seroquel - had only just started taking it. Major anxiety and racing thoughts and I am panicking like you wouldn't believe.
Thanks Bee for what you said. I'll get this under control and I'll be fine. I sure hope I get stabilized again.
Holy cow. Thanks for the warning. I pray for quick stability for you.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:28 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

I sure hope I get stabilized again.

you will Ro, George will see to that.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:40 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Donna - you read my mind. I'm thinking of staying on the anti-depressant alone, and eff the other stuff. Too many side effects for my liking, and they eff with my head. I've got to be careful not to play doctor here, though. I've got a psychiatrist for a reason. He has diagnosed me Bipolar 2 - up until now I had been treated for depression alone.

I am very confused. It's hard turning it over when I need to make some of the decisions too.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:41 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Hugs, Rowan. Whether you decide to go off meds or switch to something different, it is a hard path to hoe.

I take abilify and wellbutrin as well as hydroxyzine for anxiety. It took my shrink and I a year to get the combo right.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:49 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

you can make good decisions with the help of your doc Rowan and george. At least your looking at it. you have good support now. you are not alone.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:53 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Banana - is the Abilify sedating? That's what I was looking at, reading the profile for it.
It's very important that I am not sedated.

oh - and what is your diagnosis, if you don't mind?

brb