Members with less than 2 weeks -Part 10

Old 11-27-2009, 07:34 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

TB.....

We do have a Forum dedicated to members with a year
or more in recovery. You might find reading our stories
interesting or at least a distraction

Stories of Recovery - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

A pasta breakfast? Yes....you are definitely one of the gourmet crew.
Old 11-27-2009, 07:37 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Congrats ND and Rose!

Might as well post this. This whole thing has turned into some sick type of tornado... I couldn't get the idea of drinking off my head, posted something, now I can't get the fact that nobody answered the phone out of my head.

I am truly alone. All that AA gives me is words, and as excited as ladies get giving me their numbers, you'd think they'd at least answer the phone. Or not bother to call and tell me that they'd love to chat next week... I'm past the chatting phase.

Until I have friends, I won't have friends, and AA has made that crystal clear to me. I guess I'll just have to wait out the period till June. I can't think of anything left to do, I really can't.

Take care y'all, keep going on...
TB
Old 11-27-2009, 07:51 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I'm really sorry the AA members are not answering their phone.
Of course that is upsetting and I have no idea why.

You sure have gone ...literally ...a long way to reach them.
If you wish....I can PM you my cell number right now.
K?
We can talk about anything you want...
A cyber friend talking to another friend.

Last edited by CarolD; 11-27-2009 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Tpo
Old 11-27-2009, 11:28 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Ok Carol, but I'm logging off now. It was better, I was headed for the store and it was cold (who wears a skirt in the middle of a desert night?) so I called through the list again. Got an answer, a lady who will call back tomorrow and start working on the steps with me. And can drive me next Friday to the meeting...

Then I managed to get even more irritated. The store is closed, and I somehow regretted not having done it. I don't know what to do with myself anymore, but I'm getting the picture that I don't want it enough.

Maybe. I don't want to be alone. And I feel most alone when I'm sober and alone. Guess everything can't be right immediately, but I also guess we'll see. I can't take this anymore. If I'm not doing enough, so be it. I've fought all my life just to get to this point. I have escaped my mother and father and uncle and the streets and everything else, and trust me not a one was easy. I am sick of fighting. I can't do it alone anymore. I can't. I can't. I can't.

Take care y'all. Can't type anymore, crying.
TB
Old 11-27-2009, 11:40 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're not alone TB
You have many supporters here, all over the planet

See you tomorrow...

D
Old 11-28-2009, 01:50 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Sorry to be un-positive on this thread y'all.
Old 11-28-2009, 07:28 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

TB, don't apologize! We know what you are feeling! Obviously, your life experiences are different, but I believe, as alcoholics, we share the trait of "living in our heads", that's why so many forms of recovery are peer based and focus on outreach to others. Left to our own devices, we just dig deeper into isolation.

So no, you are not alone. In all my years here on SR (1 1/2), I have never seen Carol offer her cell phone. See how special you are??? Don't let your disease bring you down. Fight it with everything you've got! I promise you that every victory will make you stronger!
Old 11-28-2009, 10:42 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hope so HS, 'cause I woke up feeling all groggy and... generally *bad*. I'm still sober. I can't fathom how.

Take care all the under-2 weekses, and I hope I didn't scare anyone away. Most of this is my personal situation, the alcohol just added to it... Now the alcohol is gone and I don't know what to do. Well, I suppose that part applies to most... but I don't have anybody to talk to I guess is what makes me different here. Things just don't work out for me. They do work out for most.

TB
Old 11-28-2009, 11:08 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Thumbs up RoseSalud's Birthday Today

:day1 to Rosie!!

Hope you have a terrific day today! Do something fun for yourself. 7
Old 11-28-2009, 11:48 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hello everyone,

I am on my second day, but I am a little bit worried because I haven't had some of the more severe experiences I have read about others yet. I'm starting to worry about going to work on Monday and having a terrible seizure.

A large part of my recovery is spiritual (I am a Christian), so I truly do believe that the Lord is with me. I am also on Xanax, which I have been on for anti-anxiety reasons for some years.

I'm trying to do things as naturally as possible (even though I do have prescribed meds that I am taking), so I have been taking some L-Glutamine. I have been told that it's a very good dietary supplement for alcohol withdrawal.

So I am praying and trying to keep busy. I find that it is interesting to be aware. Time doesn't pass half as fast when you're sober.

Thanks for the outlet.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:23 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Enjoy your special day Rose........
Old 11-28-2009, 12:36 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

sourgirlSC .....

Welcome to SR and to our Daily Support thread.
I hope you will continue to share with us...

Did you check with your doctor about your decision
to quit drinking? that might be a good way to
ease your mind concerning what is best for you.

I have never taken either L-Glutamine. or Xanax...I'm
totally without experience on them.

Please read this link for information you may not be aware of

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html

Wishing all the best for you...sobriety is worth the effort
Old 11-28-2009, 01:25 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Adjusting my Sails

Welcome to our thread, SR and sobriety sourgirlSC. I'm also a Christian and I have some L-Glutamine, it's supposed to help stablize our blood sugar levels and I do have a prescription for Klonopin (for anxiety) although I only take the last one on a need to basis. I'm not a Dr. so as Carol said you should check with a Dr. about your medical concerns. I was told the first 72 hours are the most dangerous for alcohol withdrawal and those first 3 days were the worst for me. It begins to get much better physically after that. Hang in there you are half way through the physical stuff.

((( TB ))). I heard a lady in a meeting once say that the one thing that every human being wants is to be loved. I say she is right. We are not wired to be alone, what you are struggling with is very real. It's not about you not wanting sobriety enough or you not doing enough. It's great that you have been able to get away from much of the bad stuff in your life. You have a great opporunity with the Lady who offered to take you through the steps and to take you to a meeting Friday.....oh and btw...

Congratulations on finding a sponsor!

Are you aware of how much progress you have made since you have been here? It may not feel like it to you but you have. I can see it.

Congrats to ND and Rose as well. Sorry I didn't post that sooner.

Take care everyone, keep the faith.
Old 11-28-2009, 02:24 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Happy B-Day Rose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:day67

And welcome, SGSC! I think ...no, check that...I know that you will find SR to be a great spot to heal. There are many people from all walks and in all stages of recovery who have at least one thing in common: the desire to heal and be healed!
Old 11-28-2009, 08:01 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Thanks!

A huuuge thank you (with hugs) to everyone that wished me a happy birthday!!

And a huge welcome to SC as well! I'm sure you can see by reading these posts that there is a ton of support and understanding here. I don't know that I would have made it past those first few days of sobriety without being able to come to SR, share my thoughts, and be in a community that's rooting for me 100% - it's a great feeling - and I'm so glad you're a part of it! I promise the days will stop dragging by...but until then, make sure you're taking care of yourself physically and mentally. Stopping drinking is literally life changing, and it takes a ton of energy (and prayer!) So be easy on yourself, be safe (i.e. check in with your doc) and remember we're all cheering for ya.

Well I had a GREAT birthday today. Took the bus to San Miguel (a town I've always wanted to visit) and went to an AA meeting. (ha ha...'you know you're a recovering alcoholic when...') The meeting was very informal - only three other people - so when they found out I had 16 days, they kind of made the topic about starting out in sobriety. One woman said "whenever I feel mad that I can't drink 'a' glass of wine at a restaurant, or 'a' beer at a game, I just think 'I've had my fair share already - like for a normal drinker's lifetime'". That clicked with me: I've had my fun...and then not fun...now it's time for something else.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend - and thanks for being here

Rose
Old 11-28-2009, 11:47 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Yeah, happy birthday Rose... sorry I missed it earlier.

I had the greatest day since my last day in county jail! Yeah, that was my previous best memory. It's about that bad.

My uncle came by from out of state (surprise visit) and even though I lost it earlier when I found out that I "should have" put in the pass on Tuesday, after all they "recommend you get them in early" (24 hour notice is what they want, but they've been shut down for the holidays... so, um, what do I do?). I slammed the door (accidentally) and was yelling on the phone to my cousin that this place hates me, among other things... Well, he came by anyways and we walked over to the mall and spent the day doing... nothing really. We went into a bunch of stores and asked random questions with no intentions of buying anything... it was great fun.

Then we went to a restaurant, and even though he drinks, he respected my decision to sober up and we had ice tea and *lots* of water (I must have made 20 bathroom trips). He was noticing how everybody there (it's a popular 20 something hangout) was drinking large drinks and he worried about them driving... Then we saw about six cars get pulled over in the parking lot...

We were walking home and I noticed I felt somewhat like I did when I was drinking. At first I thought it was the general feeling of bulletproof-ness, when... I threw up all over the parking lot and the bottom of my pants. Had to laugh, it really was like when I was drinking (and he's drank with me plenty a time).

Then we came back to my dorm (could get a pass by then) and watched some youtube and I walked him to the bus stop. I'm on cloud 11 y'all.

One thing did worry me though, the lady promised she'd call today and didn't... should I be worried? Should I call tomorrow? Advice, please.

Congrats, SC on hanging in there... personally, I find prayer helps a lot with patience and staying on this here path especially. Gets me through the day... and nothing like going to church and, um, well, I always felt more than a little bit guilty, knowing my sin... now it's much better.

Take care all y'all in November, hang in there... I guess now I'm not just repeating stuff I heard when I say it does get better.

TB
Old 11-29-2009, 07:52 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hey TB...glad you are feeling a "high". Only my experience mind you, but I get these random days, or moments of clarity, or experiences that are seeming coincidences (that are not, IMHO) that are like a God Ray (you know the break in a cloud where a beam goes from the sky to the ground?). To me they are precious. They don't happen all the time, but they do happen when, in hindsight, I needed them the most.

They are like a cosmic pat on the back, arm around the shoulder, whisper in the ear that something/someone is watching over me.

But, on another note....why did you throw up? Are you sick?
Old 11-29-2009, 01:46 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Wow...a few days without the internet and I've a ton of catching up to do!

TB..glad you're doing well minus the ralphing in the parking lot thing. Hope you're feeling better!

Carol..I like the pizza for breakfast and eggs for dinner thing...but VC..I'm gonna have to draw the line at tacos for breakfast!

Rose..happy belated birthday..sounds like you had a great time! Good for you!

Welcome to sourgirl! Nice to meet you!

I made it through my weekend, as well. First time in... maybe ever, I didn't drink up north. (We go to my parents' cabin for weekends sometimes.) Happy to say I'm on day 15 today! Missed you guys this weekend...wish we had internet service up there!
Old 11-29-2009, 02:54 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Welcome back Mirage...

Congratulations on 15 days of success!

Please do keep sharing here with us
you are an important part of this thread....
Old 11-29-2009, 05:10 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Graduation hat for Mirage... with special honors for doing it under duress (the up north thing).

No, I'm not sick... might have been allergic to something in the food.

TB