Notices

Bottoms Pt. 130

Old 02-09-2010, 03:59 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I heard from Stoney. He's alright* but still taking a break from the site. I'm just glad to know he's ok.

* said he was having trouble with M.E. (whatever that is)
Old 02-09-2010, 05:38 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Thanx DeeDee. The urge came, the feeling passed. It only lasted for part of that drive home. Not very long really. Luckily I didn't give in to it or the feeling would be lasting longer. Yes least... to take the edge off. Sorry you're having a hard time relaxing sober but you're not failing. Not as long as you stay sober eh?

I forget what m.e. stands for least but I know it makes stoney exhausted. Main thing is he's riding it out and is still sober.

No frog today. I didn't do any hip openers at all... no pigeon . My back is a bit sore this morning too. Argh!

I don't teach until this evening. I'm going to FB and then to lay down, watch TV and rest. Getting up at 4:30 wears a little when it's cold out.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:13 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to hell with all this. I'm going back to bed.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:24 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Good plan least. I'm going to deal with some laundry and then go lay down. I never made it before. Started fooling around with the plants. Still have aphids or scale I'm trying to eradicate!
Old 02-09-2010, 09:25 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Hi all, Glad your all right GT.

Originally Posted by gypsytears View Post
I have to admit... on my way home from the gym I had thought of stopping for some wine. I couldn't bear the thought of being snowed in with my husband all day or weekend with no escape. I really seriously wanted to stop but talked myself out of it. Once I passed by the liquor store I was safely OK.I'm fine now.
I'm very glad you didn't pick up a drink. Nothing is worth losing our sobriety.
I have 2 sponsees missing in action which saddens me. But there's nothing i can do but pray for them. They know where i am when they want help again.

Snow storm coming here tomorrow too. We haven't had hardly any snow this whole winter. It all going to the south this year which is weird considering I'm from upstate NY. :wtf2
Old 02-09-2010, 11:03 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

With all this anxiety today I'm surprised I could get back to sleep, but I managed to sleep for a couple hours. Woke up just now out of a scary dream, that I was becoming paralyzed and could not move. Couldn't talk right, couldn't make myself 'do' anything right, and was surrounded by family and friends who seemed to be working against me.

Sometimes I'm afraid to sleep cause of dreams like that.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:26 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I don't teach until this evening.

GT, please be very careful driving in the snow. And please check in to let us know you got home safe. I'm indoors for the next day or so. We've gotten a couple more inches of snow so far and it's not stopping.

I will keep you in my prayers this evening as you are driving... if your class isn't cancelled...
Old 02-09-2010, 12:05 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Great, just great!! Dk just called me. She has to work today from 4pm til 10 pm... and I have no money to call a taxi so will have to take her myself. I don't want to go out in the snow but seem to have no choice. Please pray for my safety getting her to work and back home.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:26 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

My neighbor was just here and said the roads were horrible. I called a taxi to pick her up and take her to work and will have them take her home after work. I can't really afford it but don't want to risk my safety. Damn!! It's always something!!!
Old 02-09-2010, 01:50 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by scaredykat View Post
Hi all, Glad your all right GT.

I'm very glad you didn't pick up a drink. Nothing is worth losing our sobriety.
Yep, that's why I didn't Scaredy. I just wanted to put it out there that I was thinking about it though. Helps put it behind me. I hope your sponsees turn up safe and sound.

Snow hasn't started yet. I'm sure I'll be good to drive home from teaching. Not sure if I'm getting the kids from CCD on the way home or if the husband is. We're waiting to hear what time the teen gets back from a swim meet tonight too. I think it should be around 9 or 10...someone will have to drive to the HS to get her. I hope it's not me.I don't mind driving... I just don't like freezing .
Old 02-09-2010, 01:52 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by least View Post
My neighbor was just here and said the roads were horrible. I called a taxi to pick her up and take her to work and will have them take her home after work. I can't really afford it but don't want to risk my safety. Damn!! It's always something!!!
Better to be safe least. If you had an accident it could be far more costly not to mention possible injuries. Be safe... stay in.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:24 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Yep, I agree to just stay in.

The snow has started. It came early. We're in a storm warning until Thus 1:00AM. God that a long time. We're supposed to get around 5-9". The kids will probably have no school tomorrow. Not that I have any, but my neices will probably be happy. Our weather man said we haven't had a big storm since last year. Which is true I guess. We've had a inch here or there, but that's about it. And the cold!!! Been very cold all winter.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:05 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Taxi just left my house to go get dk and take her home. I tipped him a lot for going out in this weather to get my daughter home safe. Not snowing here right now, but supposed to snow overnight. Ugh. Supposed to take mom for her doctor appt tomorrow but will see how the roads look before leaving the house.

I feel too crappy to stay up. I'm going to bed early tonight. Hope I can sleep and without any disturbing dreams.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:08 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

We only got a couple more inches of snow overnight. All schools are closed today. Yay! Snowstorm is supposed to dissipate around noon today so maybe will be able to take mom to her appt and dk to work at 4pm.

Woke up anxious again but at least I got a good night's sleep last night. Went to bed early and slept until 7 this morning.

GT, hope you got home safe last night. (((hugs)))
Old 02-10-2010, 09:51 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Yep I was fine. The snow was had just started when I was leaving. Driving was fine... got the kids from CCD when on the way home. I guess we've had 6-10 inches so far. All my classes are canceled and the kids are all home too. Not going out anywhere at all. Husband hasn't shoveled the driveway yet but he should before the other storm comes through.There's a blizzard warning.

Try and rest least.Be careful driving if you have to go out.

I'm going back to the fire... baking some madelines and finding a chicken curry recipe for dinner .
Old 02-10-2010, 10:16 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Anxiety is so bad I called the doctor for some vistaril to calm down. Just came back from getting it at the drug store and also getting cranberry juice for pk's uti. The streets are horrible. I had it in second or first gear driving and it was still bad. Am supposed to take dk to work at 4pm... hope it stops snowing by then. If it's looking really bad I'll call a taxi again. I can't afford to have an accident.

Just took the vistaril and hope it helps me calm down. While at the drugstore I did one of those 'blood pressure' self checks... BP not too bad but my pulse was 116!!! This is the worst anxiety I've ever had and it's scaring me to death.

Still butt-freezing cold out - only 11 degrees F. My birdies and stray kitties have food, as do my own dogs and cats and me. Just looking out the window scares me, the snow is still coming down. If I DO go out to take dk to work I'll have to shovel the driveway. I almost got stuck in it coming home as the driveway entrance had been plowed in and it was hard to keep from sliding into the drifts on either side of the driveway.

All the schools around here were closed today, no surprise. Pray for my safety in getting dk to work and back home tonight.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:30 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Did you make if out and back safely least? I hope so and that the meds help the anxiety.

It's still snowing here. We lost power and heat of course, for most of the day after I posted earlier. Fireplace kept us warm in here while husband and the teens shoveled and brought more wood to the deck just in case the power didn't come back tonight. School is canceled tomorrow and I emailed the gym saying I doubt I'd be able to make it for 6am class. It's supposed to continue snowing until who knows when so I won't be gettign out of the driveway in the morning anyway.

Back to the fire and letting it die down so I can go watch TV in bed and hopefully fall asleep. Not getting up at 4:30 .
Old 02-10-2010, 06:41 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

The anxiety is mostly gone. Feeling more human and less like a bundle of frayed nerve endings! Got kid to work and back home alright. It's stopped snowing here and don't expect any more just yet... I hope. All the schools around here were closed except for the city school district! I heard the superintendent got a sh!t-load of p!ssed off phone calls and emails today over the schools' being open when all schools around us were closed!

Well I've had enough excitement for one day. Will try to get some sleep now. The shoveling I did wore me out, plus it's cold in the house so best get under the blanket with the dogs.

Good night everyone.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:08 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

just popped in to say hello! so hello !
Old 02-11-2010, 04:25 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Good morning bottom dwellers! Rise and whine!!