Notices

Living In Sobriety Part 25

Old 11-23-2009, 07:38 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Location: Here's me. but when drinking could be found in doorways!
I was set to go to my work meetings today... on way there... had to nip intot he doctors to pick up my sick line for last week that i was too ill to get and the doctor had put it for 5 days... which means it doesnt run out til tomorrow..

So i had to cancel all my meetings and come home again

So to cheer myself up i went to the suermarket and bought a dvd... A christmas carol... Im gonna stick that on now to cheer me up

Attempt 2 tomorrow to get back to work!!!!
Old 11-23-2009, 08:17 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Hi Paul, pretty cool that you're fired up. Keep asking the hard questions (of yourself) and keep up the good work. (Reminds self to take her own advice.)

Enjoy they movie, Louis. One more day of rest/relaxation certainly can't hurt! Enjoy your movie. Love that one!

I'm waiting for my daughter to finish up in the bathroom. She's straightening -- errrr, more like frying -- her hair, which take about an hour. She's visiting her old high school teachers while she's home from first year of college and wants to look purty. lol

In the meantime, I'm going to throw in more laundry then print out my passport application and fill it out so I can drive my other daughter -- they're twins -- back to school in Montreal in January. If I wait too long to apply I might not get it in time, and I don't want to pay the $60 express processing fee. My youngest (14) and I are the only two out of six who've never required passports!

Then I think I'll call my oldest to see whether or not I have to make the eight or nine hour round trip trek to upstate New York tomorrow to get him home from college. He's 20 and STILL can't seem to let us know his plans in adance. I love him dearly, but that drive me nuts!
Old 11-23-2009, 09:06 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Hi all!

First, nan and Liz....it's good to see you here and trying to be proactive about the holidays...but I also take Louis' point (via Bee) that by setting ourselves up for anxiety, we can actually make it happen! I suppose, as with most things, balance is the key...be aware, BUT go with the flow. Very confusing and contradictory at times (scratches head).

Thanks Elroy for the Ziptionary. I loved your post about pockets and all. Glad I'm not still scratching my head.

Hiya Bro, PR, Marlee and Louis (ps...enjoy your movie and "extra" day

Later folks.................
Old 11-23-2009, 09:14 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Okay, I have been trying to post here at work but just couldn't till now.

Nan & Liz in regards to
think I am just going to leave it at not drinking, don't feel like going into anything else.
if you feel uncomfortable, just say you are on antibotics and cannot drink on the medication. end of story. And then be proud of yourself. Also call, call, call someone in the program, and keep calling. You will feel so much better. They might be in the same space you are and your reaching out will help them.

My family -- on both sides -- also drinks heavily, and I'm already stressing over 1) making it through without stressing more, 2) being resentful because I can't drink and 2) dealing with the questions as to why I'm not drinking!

Now's about the time that my disease starts talking, so I'm praying hard and focusing on all of the reasons I've committed to sobriety. I don't want to give in, gosh darn it!!!!
Liz, I can't be resentful because I ABUSED the privilege to drink sociably. And you can use the antibotics line too. It really works because people who are not alcoholics don't mix drugs and alcohol. Only we do that.

And also, why are you stressing already, stay right where your feet are, they are here in today November 23rd and here its 12:00 I don't know what time it is by you.

Louis you did pretty good here this morning, Bravo. What I had suggested to Louis when he was away was the Acceptance prayer. acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing or situation -- some fact of my life -- unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment. Nothing, absolutely nothing happens in God's world by mistake. Until I could accept my alcoholism, I could not stay sober; unless I accept life completely on life's terms, I cannot be happy. I need to concentrate not so much on what needs to be changed in the world as on what needs to be changed in me and in my attitudes.
Be positive, I'm going to have a great time and enjoy my family instead of being messed up and making a fool out of myself. If you go into this holiday season feeling overwhelmed and negative, why me, why can they, you are setting yourself up for a horrible stressful time. Just go with it, set a plan in place before they come. Call your sponsor and tell her how you are feeling, call another person from program, leave your guest and come here and share what your feeling, make a meeting if you can, go into the bathroom or another room you can lock and pray, read one of your daily readings, pray. And don't forget to take us along, put a paper with our names in your pocket, that way when you are stressed, you will touch that paper and be reminded of your special friends here on LIS, that should calm your fears right away. I know this stuff works because I DO IT and it really helps me.

I can also promise you that when you get through this week you will feel so good that you didn't pick up and it makes you stronger for the next hurdle you will face in sobriety. Its an awesome feeling.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:35 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

And what I've found is that when I take the right action, one 24 hour day at a time, obstacles are overcome and dreams do come true.
I just read this and thought I'd share it.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:46 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Oh Lis, you asked earlier what Rule 62 was, It means don't forget to laugh, don't take yourself so seriously in sobriety. And as of now, its the new name of Rusty's Band.

I am coughing my head off here at work, It would be nice to be home snuggled up in bed.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:10 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Hi Donna, if that is rules 62, what are the others? And where are they?

You are back at work a bit soon aren't you?
Old 11-23-2009, 10:22 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Yes Stoney, back too soon but need the money and don't have too many sick days since I just started full time. I feel like crappolla but a girls got to do what a girls got to do

As for the rules, that you have to ask Rusty. I only know 62 because I too questioned it when I first came on SR.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:03 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Where's the party?! I hope i didn't miss it.

Happy Birthday, Rowan!!!

Thanks for being you Enjoy your day.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:20 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  
Im not crazy and neither am I

I think my lonlieness over the past few years and while I was still out there got me a little overzealous on the relationship and maybe I was a little too intense internally if not otherwise. I was the one who asked to keep it slow - yes I know, unusual for a guy.
I think you may have it Stone on her- confuzed and maybe a little shallow and crazy. I hate having to ask "what someone is thinking" when there is just a long pause. I usually try to Communicate ?? Im thinking more now on what she had been telling me about her family history and mental health. Lots of food for thought there. And in its own sick way its comforting.

Never did get to the 3-D but got some me time in and talked to folks on the phone.
I guess Im feeling better today. Even if we were to meet for some closure and SHE bailed. Things happen for a reason. I am seeing a trend and Im not sure I like it so much anymore.

Thanks for all the ESH, suggestions and kindness.
~S
Old 11-23-2009, 11:29 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Ro's Birthday? Thanks for letting us know Matt.

Happy Birthday my special friend.

Old 11-23-2009, 11:38 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Old 11-23-2009, 11:41 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by anono View Post
arent uggs ozzie gyps?????
There are but they're widely popular all over the world anano. Even here in Sopranoland .

So the geshe dude was pretty cool. They sang Christmas songs. Christmas songs with a tabla, sitar and a keyboard for only one song. There was no formal meditation, nor talk of. I though it was to be a heart yoga & meditation lecture. He did go on about his days on the monastery making geshe and finding yoga after... supposedly it's a secret right in his tradition. The he spoke of traveling to NYC to Jivamukti (one of my favs!) and taking a private class with David Life himself! How does a monk afford to travel and take private yoga lessons with David Life???Perhaps that was the question I should have asked when I had him sign a book & CD I bought . What he did speak about was interesting.. it was about the central channel and prana: Sushumna, Ida and Pingala: Nadis of the subtle body. Not really a kirtan the music part as kirtan is call and response and they just sang a few Christmas tunes but it was nice. Yes I bought the CD with the Christmas music. Couldn't resist the sitar sound and his vocalist had a sweet voice.Damon behaved himself and had a pic taken with the dude along with me.When I was able to speak with him I notice a diamond in his tooth. Again.. how does a monk afford bling in his teef??? I bought 2 of his books... The Diamond Cutter: The Buddha on Managing Your Business and Your Life and The Garden: A Parable. I still have a stack of Osho I haven't delved into but I think I may start reading The Diamond Cutter tonight.

Weird as we were waiting on line to speak to the geshe... a woman behind me was chatty talking about him, her being excited about it and etc. Someone from the studio I practice at happened to be there too and while we were talking about a class the woman asked my name and if I was an instructor. When I told her my name she was like "Valerie... so you're Valerie". Hmmm... a bit odd but I guess since I teach in that area I guess not so. I hope it was good things she heard .
Old 11-23-2009, 11:44 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Happy Birthday RoRo .

Old 11-23-2009, 11:46 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Drinking chai...
Old 11-23-2009, 11:47 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Padding...
Old 11-23-2009, 11:48 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  
not a greeter

I have my turkey brining now. Smoking it Wednesday.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:48 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Slightly irritated at the moment. When I came in with the van full of stuff I wanted to get through the kids TV room to bring the groceries to the kitchen faster. Stuff piled in front of the door so I couldn't get in. When Damon saw I was irritated do you think he helped move anything so I could get through? No. He said I thought you didn't want people coming in and out through here (put new carpet in when we moved in)... Uh yeah... PEOPLE! But on the rare occasion I need to carry 1000 lbs of stuff in I think I should be able to come through teh door when my arms are full. So then he remarks all smart assy and what not... you can't have it both ways. Whatever. So I start putting stuff away and prepare to whack apart the bird. So I'm consolidating things into smaller containers and he freaks out because I poured 2 tablespoons of Ovaltine into another jar that had about the same amount in it. Then I get accused of doing it just because I know he likes the one flavor so I did it on purpose according to him. I really didn't look at the flavors... it's freakin Ovaltine! Plus he has a whole jar of Horlicks in the cupboard so wtf so what. Then he tells me I am ruining this holiday on purpose like all other. EXCUSE ME??? He ruins every holiday, special day, occasion on the calendar. I'm not falling for it this time. I'm not going to give in to his drama but... I am still mad about it. So irritated!!!

Did any of that make sense? Prolly not. I'm finished now .
Old 11-23-2009, 11:49 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Gypsy, why do you pad threads?
Old 11-23-2009, 11:50 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by Believe808 View Post
Gypsy, why do you pad threads?
It's K's fault.

I do it because she loves it and since I love K I indulge her :crazy.

Plus it boosts my post count.

It helps save the world.

I'm good at it.

It's fun.

No reason really.... just like talking to myself .