Notices

Codependency And Beyond - Part 9

Old 11-09-2009, 12:31 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

The guy that dad has been talking to(A) about this new job wanted to talk to me. It seems...get this....I just may have found my new job! Working for dad!

A says that dad will be extremely busy, and that the computer work is very, very important. He was a bit worried, thinking dad wouldn't "get" it and the blackberry, but was very reassured, after talking to me, that I would do a great job. He has his sister and his mom working for him - pays them about $65,000/year!!

His sister will be at the meeting on Wed. so I will find out what all I will be doing. Dad will be getting paid within 24-48 hours of each job, direct deposit. It is a trillion-dollar trucking company. They ship electronics and after 90 days, I can go into a store and buy a $2200 laptop that they ship for 10% - oh yeah!!!!!

We'll see how it goes on Wed. but if dad starts driving right away, I'm going to cut back to 2 days at work and ride with him at the beginning to make sure he is not missing anything - all info comes via e-mail through the blackberry. It will take some getting used to.

AND, his friend that is also coming into the business - may be able to do HIS computer work, also and then he can pay me too!!

When I first talked to A and said "how are you", he said "I'm blessed" - I liked him right away. He asked if I had any obligations or restrictions, since I can take small shipments in my car, so I was honest and told him about the lawsuit and having to stay at work until the lawsuit was settle and said "I've been looking for a job" and he said "see how God works?"

I keep thinking this is too good to be true, that he's a scam artist, but he got dad's name from one of dad's customers who has worked with him so I KNOW he's legit.

Trying NOT to get my expectations up, but I asked dad "so will you hire me once I pay you back the small fortune I owe you?" and he laughed and said "most definitely".

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 11-09-2009, 12:34 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Originally Posted by liveweyerd View Post
All right, all right, all right...LOL, yes, I confess I only drop a couple of pms when I think I need to....and that is all I am going to do now...but SOON I really will go through all. Um...let's set a goal..say by the end of this year? For New Years, I will start it fresh!
Tena, I was responding to your last Pm and trying to answer a question you posed to me...If you no longer require that information, that is fine
Just want to remind your that one of the mods rules is, that you be reachable through PM..

Anna, I am so glad to hear things have settled a little...I was so concerned about you, I was not thinking about ((Miko)) as much...I pray you all will remain intake as a family!
Old 11-09-2009, 12:43 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Thank you, Grateful...I am sorry if I didn't convey that I was LAUGHING when I posted that......
me and housekeeping ARE a comedy!
Old 11-09-2009, 02:35 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Oh Amy what great news!!!!!

Anna, I'm so glad that Miko is doing better for now...

Thanks Grateful and Amy for the readings...
Old 11-09-2009, 02:44 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Found a meeting at 7pm. I know I sound like a broken record but I don't know if I will go.I feel like I"m going to throw up just thinking about going. I won't keep complaining here either though, I know it's annoying...
Old 11-09-2009, 03:02 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Originally Posted by Mariposa18 View Post
Found a meeting at 7pm. I know I sound like a broken record but I don't know if I will go.I feel like I"m going to throw up just thinking about going. I won't keep complaining here either though, I know it's annoying...
((Mariposa)), its okay that you don't know if you will go...its your process, and it is *good that *you have finally reached that difficult place where you are petrified to go but petrified if you don't...feel good for that big step...you know you will go....when you are ready...in the meantime, you might visit newcomers and get some cheering on and strategies for taking that scary step
Old 11-09-2009, 03:23 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

So I am now thinking this job offer to dad is a scam and he has sent in a money order for "required" cell phones for him and his friend. We will find out in the morming, if we don't get the phones. I'm actually supposed to call the guy back in a little while - he's supposed to be sending me e-mail.

It would be awesome if he is legit - he's telling me all the things that stroke my ego, but it's the old "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" adage.

Stepmom's car died - they bought a new battery a couple of weeks ago then discovered it may be the alternator. The car died tonight so I had to go get her and Brit. Brit is screaming and yelling because she doesn't believe she needs a referral to see the GI dr. (she's special, of course, rules don't apply...sigh).

I told Anvil I don't know that I can live with dad if this is all a scam...he will be heartbroken and angry....how codie does THAT sound? I will also have the same feelings, so I am already working on realizing that I will be okay, no matter what. Me and my purple hula hoop are staying in my room, for right now.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 11-09-2009, 05:58 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
mergirl

I'm sorry Amy So many out there, my kid keeps getting sucked into them as well.

whelp, I fail at the steps! I cant find meaningful resentments, flaws what ever. My sponsor has not worked them in 20 years, and admitted she didn't go very deep. The only trait I see in myself that I am unsure how to work on, but that I would like to ditch, is my insecurities. Anyway, she says maybe I am not ready, and to just live in step 2 for now, and go to meetings.

tomorrow night I the new gal at my work is coming over for a slumber party. When I got home today, the house was a wreck end to end, so I am hoping room mate will reign himself in tomorrow if I ask nicely (or threaten) haha.

I do that too kendra, people know way too much about me.

oh ya and Suz, I agree with grateful ~hugs
Old 11-09-2009, 06:22 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Administrator

Amy,

I will hope and pray that this works out for you. Let us know what happens in the morning with the cell phones. I really hope he is legit.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:30 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that does the feelings puke. lol
I hope things work out with the job, Amy!!

I went to a S-anon meeting tonight.. Its kinda like AL-anon but for co-addicts of sex addicts. Pretty much a CoDie thing. There are some really strong women in the meeting. The topic was insanity and I talked about my feelings puking... It was really helpful. I'm thinking about asking a woman there to be my sponsor. I have had the same sponsor since 95 off and on... But this other woman has gone through what I'm going through... I will pray about it...
Good night all!!
Old 11-09-2009, 10:02 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

I called A back when he told me to, got voice mail and my heart just sunk. Five minutes later, dad called and said "I need help". He was on his way back from Ala. and his van had broken down While I was talking to him, A called back. I told him about dad and the van and he asked if dad needed a tow truck, and said "I'll call him". He told dad he had a friend that could tow it for free and he would try to arrange it, but then never answered her phone again....sigh.

So, I went to pick up dad, about 45 min. away. We got the tow truck and the van was too big for it, so they were going to have to call another one, so we headed home. Whatever it is that's broken, is not going to be cheap (it's a van sold by Dodge, but made by Mercedes).

I have the only running vehicle in the house. Dad has to talk to the place about the van, then pick up the alternator for the car, then stepmom has a dr's appt. so my CAR will be busy. Me? There's 100% chance of rain, I'm going through all the online stuff again (unless A comes through) and take it easy because being so busy at work the other night set me back a little bit in my feeling-better recovery.

I worry more for my dad. He definitely has his faults, but he's 70 years old, will never be able to retire, is honest and very hard working and he deserves a break. However, as Anvil reminded me "Thy will, not mine".

I'll let you know what happens in the morning.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 11-10-2009, 05:50 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
mergirl

I deleted a post (nothing epic), so I needed a replacement. I love these guys, but the they have choir spelled wrong. . .
Old 11-10-2009, 07:14 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

It was a scam The phone number is no longer in use. I called dad and he just said "I'm sorry. Son of a b***h". He was more concerned about ME having a job, I'm more concerned that HE is out $300. The friend he fronted the money for HIS phone should pay dad back for HIS portion but stepmom said he probably won't offer and dad won't ask. That is between them. I'm going to check Craigslist to see if there's anything similar to his spiel on there and notify it as a scam.

I feel guilty. My gut said it was a scam when they wouldn't let me go pick up the phones and I didn't stick to my guns. I'm just grateful it was only $300. A friend of ours in the same business said she and her husband were once scammed for $10,000.

I'm staying home and doing online applications today, since dad and stepmom need my car and it is POURING down rain. I'm okay, just let down with humanity that people can prey on good people, and this is really, really bad timing - two vehicles broken and dad doesn't have his credit cards to back him up anymore, since he is filing bankruptcy. I'm hoping he got a little good news on his van and it's not as bad as we're thinking ($3000-$5000).

Another lesson learned....listen to my gut, dammit!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 11-10-2009, 07:28 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Here's another "Ralph" I think is appropriate for us codies I especially liked the paragraph I put in italics.

Think your way forward
+++++++++++++++++++

A problem is a problem for you when you think it is. An
opportunity is an opportunity for you when you see it as
such.

Are you going to let yourself be tossed around by events
beyond your control? Or, will you choose to find and to
fulfill the value that is imbedded in every situation?

Where you end up going is a direct result of where you think
you will go. It's easy to think that there's no hope, and
yet it is just as easy to see the positive possibilities.

What's the difference between letting your worst fears play
out and allowing your most treasured dreams to be realized?
At the most basic level, the difference is the way you
choose to think of your life in each and every moment.

Every thought comes, without effort or hesitation, the
moment you choose to think it into existence. The positive
thoughts cost no more than the negative ones, yet they open
the way for infinitely greater value in your life.

You can think that the world is against you, and you'll be
right. Or, you can think your way positively forward, and
live the magnificent reality of your highest vision.

Ralph Marston
Old 11-10-2009, 09:02 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Okay, so I'm hogging the thread. I HAVE GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Called the school, because they said I owed them $75, but that was a mistake. Asked them where the heck my grades were for my finals. Lady said she would post them and call me back. She called back, said "they're posted - great job". Okay, the math isn't posted yet, but the other 2 are and I made 100 ON BOTH!!!!

The math is supposed to be posted in a little bit, and it was the one I struggled the most with. I am SO psyched up, right now! Just put a check in the mail to get started on the next quarter. Had a heart-to-heart with Anvil about my finances and looking for work outside my comfort zone and the possibility of filing bankruptcy.

The good thing is, this has given me a big boost of confidence. And even though the guy was a scam artist, he commented several times on "you don't play, do you?" so in a strange way, even he boosted my self esteem. I may end up working at a McDonald's but I'll find something. I just needed a little boost to be able to go out there and do what my aunt tells me to do - focus on what I have to offer, NOT on how I've screwed up.

Okay, I'm done now (unless my math score posts ). Can't help it....you guys are some of my bestest friends and I have to share my good and bad news.

Love, hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 11-10-2009, 09:27 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

You are reading from The Language Of Letting Go by Melody Beattie Copyright - 1990 The Hazelden Foundation

Beliefs About Money

November 10

I was starting a new job for a corporation. I was good at what I did for a living. The personnel manager and I were down to the details of employment and he asked me how much money I believed I deserved. I thought about it and came up with a figure of $400 a month. This was back in the sixties. I didn't want to ask for too much, so I decided to ask for the smallest amount I could live with. He hired me and gave me what I asked for. Later on, when I left that job, the personnel manager told me he had been willing to pay me whatever I wanted. Had I asked for $600 or even $700 a month, which was a tremendous salary at that time, I would have gotten it. I had limited myself by what I believed I deserved.

- Anonymous

What are our beliefs about money?

Do we believe that money is evil and wrong? Money is neither. It is a commodity on earth, a necessity. It is what people need to purchase many of their basic needs, as well as luxuries and treats; it is one way they are rewarded for their work. Loving money, however, can be as self-defeating as loving any other commodity. We can become obsessed with money; we can use it as an escape from relationships and feelings; we can use it compulsively to gain a temporary sense of power. Money is simply money.

Do we believe there's a scarcity of money? Many of us grew up with deprived thinking concerning money; There's not enough. There will never be enough. If we get a little, we may guard it and hoard it because there's no more.

Money is not in short supply. We do not have to waste our energy resenting those who have enough. There is plenty of money here on earth.

How much do we believe we deserve ? Many of us are limiting ourselves by what we deserve.

Money is not evil. There is no scarcity, except in our mind and attitudes. And what we believe we deserve will be about what we shall receive.

We can change our beliefs through affirmations, by setting goals, by starting where we are, and working slowly forward to where we want to be.

Today, I will examine my beliefs about money. I will begin the process of letting go of any self-defeating beliefs that may be limiting or blocking the financial part of my life.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:52 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Impurrfect wrote:
I HAVE GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay, the math isn't posted yet, but the other 2 are and I made 100 ON BOTH!!!!
....you guys are some of my bestest friends and I have to share my good and bad news.

Holy Cow, Batwoman!!
Amy, I am so happy for you!!:ghug3
waiting with baited breath on the math score....
I'm sorry about the scam...that is just rotten...please don't blame yourself...you could look at it this way...the universe was reminding you that you can always trust your nudges...and also maybe bringing you to a place where you could see that it is okay and time to let go...ie; bankruptcy
Amy, thank you again for "Ralph"...I really appreciate that you take the time to share his readings with us

Lisa Have a great night tonight with your Gal Pal!

Tena, No worries
Old 11-10-2009, 10:37 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Originally Posted by grateful2b View Post
Money is simply money.

Many of us grew up with deprived thinking concerning money; There's not enough. There will never be enough. If we get a little, we may guard it and hoard it because there's no more.

Money is not in short supply. We do not have to waste our energy resenting those who have enough. There is plenty of money here on earth.

We can change our beliefs through affirmations, by setting goals, by starting where we are, and working slowly forward to where we want to be.[/I]
My mother grew up in the depression..We were middle class, my dad an airline pilot...If you were a blind person and lived in our house you would think we were poor...my mother created an atmosphere that that we always had to pinch, always... and her resentment about money and her perceived constant struggle had us all feeling poor and deprived in spirit ..In fairness to her, she had seven children to raise on a budget of my father's devise...he was terrible with money(like to gamble)..lol..and she was very good with it, but she accepted her circumstances instead of insisting on taking care of the money. and she wound up in the same struggle as her mom...

I, of course developed a terrible relationship with money...I resented it, hated it even..and resented people who had it.

Years later, I realized that my relationship with money had to change...when I examined my feelings and beliefs about money, I was, wow, chagrined..It took me some time to like money and it was not the enemy, just money and it was okay for me to make friends with it.

Money for me, is an energy, manifested by paper and coin...I like money and it likes me...period

I am only limited by how I limit myself..in my attitude, and desires..for me it is about abundance...my beliefs about money are not limited to 1 and 1 is 2...I let the universe worry about that.

I don't have a lot of money but I am rich in spirit, have abundance, beautiful things, all the comforts I need, my needs are met...one would not guess, stepping to my home that I do not have a lot of money...

Example: last may I moved into an building that was wrong for me, noisy and smoke filled but my apartment had a turret!

By the end of the month I was gone...

There wasn't much of anything to rent in downtown ottawa and what there was was too expensive.

I tried not to panic, stayed focused on what I needed, and told the Universe what I wanted several times a day and kept looking...
My needs were: within my budget, sunshine and quiet...simple, right..

A week into my search, I found an apartment on Kijiji...downtown, within budget, top floor corner...now for the last year I have been asking for a really quiet place...was there such a place for me...I needed it and I needed to ask for it...

Today, I live in a newer top floor, corner , and super quiet, sunny all day, apartment with a balcony and huge windows...great neighbours...the landlord is a dream...he is like everyone's Italian poppa, makes this place feel like home...and hasn't raised the rent in the two years I have been here...takes 100 off my rent a month for showing apartments to prospective tenants and managing the leases..very affordable in downtown Ottawa....my rent is 525, a bachelor across the street, a little smaller, not as nice, no balcony, is going for 900...average rent around here.

Each time I say I can't believe my luck, I stop myself...old tape....Dare to believe...
Old 11-10-2009, 10:59 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Originally Posted by Impurrfect View Post
What's the difference between letting your worst fears play
out and allowing your most treasured dreams to be realized?
At the most basic level, the difference is the way you
choose to think of your life in each and every moment.
Amy, I remember clearly the day it dawned on me that I got to choose...up until then I was just being swept along...
I did not know I got to choose...

It was a scary but incredulous moment ...I had a choice....but I also realized all the responsibility for my life was on me...

I get to choose...amazing....

This moment was a huge turning point in my consciouness, my life...

our brain does not discriminate between the good thoughts and the bad ones...it simply fills the request....
Old 11-10-2009, 11:05 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

5 years ago or so, I was working in a "career" that paid alot of money, I had never chosen that line of work, I sort of fell into it little by litte.
I loved having money for the first time.
I hated that line of work, it had NO meaning for me.
Several times I have dropped out of it and gone back.
I am still thinking about it...I don't like the job but if I had support from home, I could bring in a nice income to build on if I took a project for a year or two.
I am keeping that line of inquiry open.
But I haven't decided either.
Some day I am going to work in the areas that I have always loved.
And it doesn't pay very well in money, but I would get paid for doing what I like and am good at.
And satisfaction is good pay in my mind.
It will all come together.
It does me no good to worry when I could be doing other things.
Things that are happy for me.

Now, does menopause give you sniffles too? Really.

Amy, I all ready knew you were a smart cookie! Step to the top of the class! LOL