Notices

Codependency And Beyond - Part 9

Old 12-05-2009, 12:40 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I can really relate to the 'difficult people' reading. Two of my three youngest kids are very difficult and dealing with them always leaves me upset. I really needed that reading today! THanks!
Old 12-05-2009, 12:48 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

SG, thank you for this reading

I have been in the position, many times in my life, of expecting someone to give me what they cannot because I was in denial of my need to seek by value outside of myself...and could not see that the other was as broken as I.

I have seen myself place unrealistic expectations on another because of what I wanted from them...and as well I have remained blind to another because Of my vested interest in them...

My spiritual journey over the years and particular my buddhist studies taught me about detachment, and being able to separate who someone is... from their chosen path...my ability to have compassion allows me see an individual, and respect their divine right to walk the path they have chosen and to love them anyway..

((Amy))

I would love to come down there and drag you off to the spa for a day

Last edited by grateful2b; 12-05-2009 at 01:14 PM. Reason: punctuation
Old 12-05-2009, 01:41 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Oh I love this reading...especially the part of setting others free and we become set free from bondage...we are free to take care of ourselves and enjoy our life...we can't change anyone, we can only change ourselves with the help from our Higher Power.

((Amy)) hope you have a good night at work, you are overdue for a good rest!!!
Old 12-05-2009, 11:21 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  
mergirl

I worked today because my shop was behind, and then I spent the rest of the afternoon and dinner time with a high school bud I haven't seen in 22+ years. He's NA, 14 years sober and he was in a sober softball tourney. I had SUCH a good time=)

I am tired, but its such a good tired.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:13 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

I have started part 10....see you over there!
Old 12-06-2009, 12:16 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  

((Anna)) - I forgot to tell you, I cracked up about people looking for a book with "a yellow flower on the cover"

((Lisa)) - I just love all the Christmas-y stuff you have on your avatar and signature - it makes me smile every time I see it! Glad you had such a good night!

I'm still getting to learn my lesson about dealing with difficult people..same 2 people at work giving me trouble, but I'm trying to rise above it. The big boss is aware, so I will let him deal with it. I provided entertainment for the people on the production line tonight...was making tea for the drive-thru kid, he had the spout open and I didn't know it. Sugar water went all over the floor. I was cleaning it up and got "attacked" by a bag of avocados that was on top..yelled because it surprised the heck out of me! Everyone was cracking up laughing. Told my mgr there was still an avocado somewhere under the counter but I refused to chase it...she was laughing too hard to argue

It's COLD here...23 degrees and I left my coat at work. Mots got his outer ear sliced open and I forgot the darned peroxide, too....sigh. I need a key chain that has something I can write a list of stuff to remember. I did get the scab off his ear and let it drain..got neosporin on it. There's just no money to take him to the vet, unless it gets really bad so I'm trying to nurse him the best I can. Will get some peroxide today. I'll have to wrap him up, because when I rinse it off, he'll want to slice ME!

Oh yeah, Anvil pointed out to me, that since Brit has gone "no contact" with her now ex-best friend, we've not had ONE episode of screaming/fighting, etc., other than the night with stepmom. YEAH!!!!!!! Dad told her, the other night, how great it was to see her in such a good mood and how much he appreciated all that she and stepmom had done around the house....good stuff!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 12-06-2009, 12:16 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  

One more thing...this will be a day late, by the time you all read it, but I thought it was good.

THE DAILY MOTIVATOR
Saturday, December 5, 2009

Always learning
+++++++++++++++++++

When you don't understand something, that's an opportunity to
learn. And when you do understand, you can also learn.

From every situation, from every encounter, from every
experience, you can learn. From success, and from
disappointment as well, there is much you can learn.

Why is it so important to learn? Because knowledge leverages
your every action.

The more you know, the more effective you can be. With
sufficient knowledge, what was once impossible becomes
possible and what was once merely a possibility becomes
real.

Learning is not just for students in school. The most
valuable, useful learning often comes from the rich
experiences of everyday life.

Each moment is a unique opportunity to learn. Value and make
use of those opportunities, and life will steadily grow more
richly rewarding.