SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Living In Sobriety Part 23 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/187558-living-sobriety-part-23-a.html)

nelco 11-04-2009 03:09 AM

I am sure glad you shared it. when I wrote all that down I also thought....why am I writing all this today, but I trust my Hp. louis needs to know he is not alone and SO DO I!!
Thank God for each other, recovery and breaking out of the SECRETS that keep us trapped. There were so many in our house, but we had a nice shiny house with a large garden and beautiful flowers and everyone smiled a lot!!!! who would guess about the madness that went on inside....

stone 11-04-2009 03:14 AM

Right, I am off for a walk on the beach. Meeting tonight.

nelco 11-04-2009 03:16 AM

Good morning Stone I hope you are feeling good today. I enjoyed the Bob talk also. that site is a very useful one.....especially when ironing lol. enjoy your walk.

Believe808 11-04-2009 03:28 AM

I'm glad you are getting to another meeting tonight Stone. That's nice you are close to the beach, I'm 1 hour away. I love the calmness and peace that I get from the beach.

nelco 11-04-2009 03:30 AM

40 mns to the beach from me. What beach do you go to BEE. I went to one in massapequa once

anono 11-04-2009 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by louis (Post 2421000)
Btw:

I have a question,
Has anyone removed there thanks from a post yet?
I want to try it to see what happens but get worried in case this big neon light starts flashing under the post saying louis dont like you ner ner ner ner ner....

nup nothing happened your safe :)

anono 11-04-2009 03:41 AM

just got home from a meeting, have had some good ones this week. i am feeling good, so good in fact even this bit of news cannot phase me!

I MUCKED UP MY SOBRIETY DATE: I HAVE HAD IT IN MY HEAD ALL THIS TIME IT WAS AUGUST 12TH, WHEN IN FACT IT IS AUGUST 26TH :(
i came across a note i had written myself after my first meeting.... it was dated the 26th :(

oh well i'm still on the right path...

good share about families everyone... we were pretty unconventional , but all got on pretty well.. i am the only alcoholic out of us , but it is funny that both me and both my sisters married alcoholics??

Believe808 11-04-2009 03:48 AM

What beach do you go to BEE. I went to one in massapequa once
Nel there are so many beaches here, that one you went to is in NY, I go to the Jersey Shore. There are many, many wonderful beaches here in Jersey.

Kate, that's okay about your date, don't let that get you down. :hug: You have been doing so well with your meetings, funny how your whole perspective changes when you are making alot of meetings, you are in such a good frame of mind. Its when you start missing them, that your whole attitude changes, I know for myself that is.

anono 11-04-2009 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by Believe808 (Post 2421038)
Kate, that's okay about your date, don't let that get you down. :hug: You have been doing so well with your meetings, funny how your whole perspective changes when you are making alot of meetings, you are in such a good frame of mind. Its when you start missing them, that your whole attitude changes, I know for myself that is.

you know bee i was racking my brain thinking 'what have i done different, maybe its vitamins i'm taking etcc..' DUH DUH MEETINGS of course!
it is amazing :)

thanks

bananagrrrl 11-04-2009 04:05 AM

Happy hump day everyone!

Family can be hard. I haven't had to deal with any issues YET. I will remember the good advice and insight here when I do. (which will probably be Christmas)

Last night I attended a womens' meeting at my grand sponsor's house. There were eight of us total and we voted on how we wanted the meeting to be formatted and what book to study. We decided on 'Came to Believe'. I have this book but I have not read it- it looks very good though.

The meeting is going to be like an aa meeting basically. I was surprised that it will be formal, but cool with it. One lady even contacted the general council to make sure the books we were considering were conference approved and also to order a new meeting starter kit.

These are going to be good for me because I am shy and reluctant to share at meetings.

Believe808 11-04-2009 04:08 AM

Kate, the saying Meeting makers make it!!! is so true. We start going to lots of meetings because we are feeling so low, then when we feel better, we start skipping one or two a week. We then start to lose the gratitude and start feeling crummy, so we skip a few more meetings. And before we know it, we are feeling no gratitude at all and we then pick up the drink again. I say that from experience and that's why I go to so many meetings, because I don't ever want to stop being grateful for being sober.

Believe808 11-04-2009 04:09 AM

Rusty Where are You? Is your mouth sore today :hug:

anono 11-04-2009 04:10 AM

These are going to be good for me because I am shy and reluctant to share at meetings
i started sharing at the small meetings,, working my way up to bigger ones, i still go blank when i'm up the front!

:)

night you lot you are taking too long to get here.. i'm off to bed

Believe808 11-04-2009 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by bananagrrrl (Post 2421054)
Happy hump day everyone!

Family can be hard. I haven't had to deal with any issues YET. I will remember the good advice and insight here when I do. (which will probably be Christmas) .

We will be here for you Nan :hug:

Originally Posted by bananagrrrl (Post 2421054)
Last night I attended a womens' meeting at my grand sponsor's house. There were eight of us total and we voted on how we wanted the meeting to be formatted and what book to study. We decided on 'Came to Believe'. I have this book but I have not read it- it looks very good though.

The meeting is going to be like an aa meeting basically. I was surprised that it will be formal, but cool with it. One lady even contacted the general council to make sure the books we were considering were conference approved and also to order a new meeting starter kit.

These are going to be good for me because I am shy and reluctant to share at meetings.

Sounds like it will be a great meeting, I like that you will be able to share now, it will help you at meetings. There are some meetings here which read Came to believe in them. Good for you Nan.

Believe808 11-04-2009 04:15 AM

Good night Kate, sleep well my friend.

anono 11-04-2009 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by Believe808 (Post 2421057)
Kate, the saying Meeting makers make it!!! is so true. We start going to lots of meetings because we are feeling so low, then when we feel better, we start skipping one or two a week. We then start to lose the gratitude and start feeling crummy, so we skip a few more meetings. And before we know it, we are feeling no gratitude at all and we then pick up the drink again. I say that from experience and that's why I go to so many meetings, because I don't ever want to stop being grateful for being sober.

yes it is a story i hear over and over in the rooms, i guess i have just had my forst powerful feeling, the day after i first said a prayer properly!

night bee :tyou

Believe808 11-04-2009 04:32 AM

Good night sweet Kate http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/u.../smileys-1.gif

Rusty Zipper 11-04-2009 04:35 AM

stoney DO NOT REMOVE THANKS

thanks for asking Bee, mouf ok today, back again tomorrow for one more, then right after i have to go do a puter job! ugh

Bee, give this a Whirl

Le' Getto Coffee

Take a medium size pot.
Put water in it. - several cups
Put coffee in it - a couple of tablespoonfuls.
Boil water with the coffee in it to taste.
Strain in a strainer or gently drop the coffee from the side.

Believe808 11-04-2009 04:39 AM

thank you darling, but I really must get a coffee maker today.

Just think it will all be over soon with your mouth Rusty. You will look so handsome with your new choppers.

Rusty Zipper 11-04-2009 04:43 AM

yeah, its starting to get old news

i talked about consequence last night in my story,

that is one of them.

not all have to face jail, my biggest was at age 48, alcoholism, stage three