Notices

Whiners Anonymous Part 30

Old 11-03-2009, 04:05 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

****{least}}}

queeny, sharpen up those steel toed bunny slippers!

more ttef yank'n, my pal mark, and an outgoing tonight, with a mouf full of gauze!

stay tuned, there ought'a be a whine in one of them, or ALL!!!
Old 11-03-2009, 04:55 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Pattee, I meant to ask you how the teef are coming...or going...you know what I mean!!

I find myself with a full day all to myself. Laundry is done, grocery shopped and ran errands yesterday, and today is just mine to do whatever I want and I plan to not waste a single moment...these days don't come often.

Well, what's SHE got to whine about...you may ask?

Here it comes...we had the most amazing sunrise this morning, flaming red over the water, big clouds, all while misty rain was falling and the bestest "God Rays" I ever saw...and I got about 20 shots on my camera of this once in a lifetime display that I hoped to share with all of you.

I accidentally erased the pictures and can't get them back WAHHHH!!!
Old 11-03-2009, 07:43 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
let it grow!

Processed food link to depression: research

Mon Nov 2, 10:41 am ET

LONDON (AFP) – A diet heavy in processed and fatty foods increases the risk of depression, according to British research published on Monday.

Researchers at University College London also found that a diet including plenty of fresh vegetables, fruit and fish could help prevent the onset of depression.

They compared participants -- all civil servants -- who ate a diet largely based on "whole" foods with a second group who mainly ate fried food, processed meat, high-fat dairy products and sweetened desserts.

Taking into account other indicators of a healthy lifestyle such as not smoking and taking physical exercise, those who ate the whole foods had a 26 percent lower risk of depression than those who ate mainly processed foods.

People with a diet heavy in processed food had a 58 percent higher risk of depression.
The researchers put forward several explanations for the findings, which are published in the British Journal of Psychiatry.

Firstly, the high level of antioxidants in fruits and vegetables could have a protective effect, as previous studies have shown higher antioxidant levels to be associated with a lower risk of depression.

Secondly, eating lots of fish may protect against depression because it contains high levels of the sort of polyunsaturated fatty acids which stimulate brain activity.

And they said it was possible that a "whole food" diet protects against depression because of the combined effect of consuming nutrients from lots of different types of food, rather than the effect of one single nutrient.

The researchers concluded: "Our research suggests that healthy eating policies will generate additional benefits to health and well-being, and that improving people's diet should be considered as a potential target for preventing depressive disorders."
The study was carried out on 3,486 people with an average age of 55, who worked for the civil service in London.

Each participant completed a questionnaire about their eating habits, and a self-assessment for depression.

doughnuts make you sad! whine!
Old 11-03-2009, 01:46 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Say it ain't so, Parent, say it ain't so!!!

Cheesecake is cheese, right? A whole food? I'd be right depressed if I had to give up my cheesecake.

Old 11-03-2009, 02:02 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
let it grow!

Originally Posted by Ann View Post

Cheesecake is cheese, right? A whole food?
yes. and candy corn is a vegetable.

any questions?
Old 11-03-2009, 02:02 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

lol KK

got the builder guy back this morning replacing a window in teh bathroom, have moved everything and am praying he does not have to re-build the house.

((((Rusty))))
Old 11-03-2009, 03:38 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

interesting article about the food..... 58% is very high...
Old 11-03-2009, 04:15 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

That's about all that defiant kid eats - processed foods, convenience foods, and food high in fat and sugar. No wonder she's a mess.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:27 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

queeny, too bad about the shots and the cheesecake.

thanks kev

and hope mr builder guy puts the window in correct,

it wouldn't be to cool have in open towards the inside.

might bump your head.

toof job went soso, my pals said el caro would be done today...

they were going to road test it by 5:30 tonight and call me back...

nuff said
Old 11-04-2009, 04:53 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

well,

sheesh, now i'm on HOLD!
Old 11-04-2009, 05:16 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by Rusty Zipper View Post
well,

sheesh, now i'm on HOLD!
UT OH! Methinks someone is about to feel the wrath of a zipper that is rusty.

Time for a "new do". I can go where I always go and get in quickly for a so-so cut and style...OR...I can beg, whine and whine and whine, and maybe get in at the Spa Salon near here that does fantabulous "do's".

Stay tuned Whiners, for the ending to this hair raising story...

Old 11-04-2009, 07:26 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
let it grow!

do the pumpkin pies have to be devoured before we can start our christmas whines? just askin ..
Old 11-04-2009, 07:45 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
cmc

Here's a rerun whin-o-rama of mine in a haiku format:

Allergy treatments
on each Wednesday since last June
with ten months yet to go.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:08 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by parentrecovers View Post
do the pumpkin pies have to be devoured before we can start our christmas whines? just askin ..
Pumpkin is a vegetable and therefore a whole food and therefore whining can be done prior to eating or after eating, but never while in the act of eating that wonderful vegetable pie. We mustn't whine with our mouths full.

Just sayin'

*said while sporting her spiffy "new do"*
Old 11-04-2009, 09:09 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

CMC, that's a lot of allergy treatments.

Sending hugs because it makes me scratch just thinking of how awful that must be.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:51 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Ann, I say NO to the so-so, YES to the fantabulous.

Is it me, or are they starting awfully darn early with the Christmas hype? Walmart's "We need a little Christmas" ad was running here on Halloween. Wasn't it just summer?

P.S. Ooooops - I see you already got the spiffy new 'do. Would love to see it.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:17 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
cmc

A Whiny Tale from Invisibile cmc:

I'm suspicious that I have become invisible. Yep. (but only to some people)

I was in the grocery store parking lot today, and had just got out of my car. As I started to walk across the lane....a lady in a white car pulled up real fast from around the corner and then she stopped.

She stopped about ten feet from me and then smiled!

As I was standing in the middle of the road, we were pretty much face to face which lets you know how far I'd crossed over when she finally hit the brake. Just as I was getting ready to continue crossing.... she sweetly smiled and then pushed the pedal to the metal & gunned it at me!!!!

Almost hitting me once! And then looking right at me and trying to hit me again!!

I'll tell you whiners one thing....it's a good that I'm fast on my feet or else I would be sending this post from a hospital or perhaps from heaven!!!! :mog Sheesh...

So, I'm guessing that I must have become invisible right at the moment when I started to cross the street; and up to the time she finally drove past.

She must have been smiling at the guy in the truck behind me and not smiling at the 'then invisible' me. It has to be true because for goodness sakes.... I was wearing a neon green tee shirt with dark jeans, how can you miss that??? Only if that person has truly become invisible.

Once I backed out of the way and she drove by...the guy in a truck behind me pulled up to where all of it happened and we both just shook our heads and laughed. I'll tell you...I'd rather not be invisible like that ever again.

That's my whiny story and I'm sticking to it. It's hard for me to believe it myself; but being invisible sure expains alot of other strange things that have happened to me...hmmmmm.

Thanks for reading this.

hugs

cmc
Old 11-04-2009, 01:24 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

cmc, that's very scary and bizarre. So glad you are ok.

Come to think of it, being invisible would explain alot of stuff that happens to me on a regular basis.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:30 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Is there a post above me?? I see sort of invisible writing?

Glad you're okay CMC. I would have made an invisible rude gesture, I'm afraid, and shouted out an invisible piece of my mind.

Whewww, close calls give me chills.

Last edited by Ann; 11-04-2009 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Lady with bifocals can't see invisible person's name, lol
Old 11-04-2009, 01:31 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hevyn, I LOVE your pooches. They are just so cute...and I'm a cat person so that's an extra special compliment.