Notices

Whiners Anonymous Part 30

Old 11-01-2009, 02:04 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Time Change Wine yet again: Oh, I remembered to change the clocks alright. Even stood at each one, chanting, "Spring Forward, Fall Back". Husband comes home and says, "Hey honey, why are the clocks all set an hour ahead?"
Old 11-01-2009, 02:22 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Had to rake up a large part of my back yard. Now am freezing and my arms and shoulders ache. And there's still more raking to do... I will have to do just a bit each day to not wear myself out. I usually hire two kids from the local school to rake up the yard but this year can't afford to pay them so I have to do it. Waaahhhh!
Old 11-01-2009, 03:00 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

((((((((((Sher))))))))))) and ((((((((((Sher's Mum)))))))))) sending prayers and thinking of you both.

(((least))) we do what we can in the day and thats enough. I remind myself this as my whine is that I seem to have far less confidence in the last year of recovery than I did before. I ma so fortunate with my work to be so gifted and for the first time ever I have no confidence and find it hard to get motivated. This has been going on for months I thought it was time to write it down and talk about it.

A friend once told me that its hard to be in these states if you keep active, so I am trying to do that. My spons says that I have done really well over the last 18 months and to look after myself whatever I am doing or not doing.

Sometimes I think maybe I should not talk about it, but this stuff will kill me if I dont bring it into my conscience and take some action.

So today, I am putting stuff away in the house, will go to a newcomers meeting an stick my hand out and have a light work out.

Sorry long whine. I am ok really, life has just handed me some hard stuff to deal with lately but I am here and I am learning.
Old 11-01-2009, 04:41 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
cmc

Sher, I'm praying for your mama, and of course for you too.

Please take special care of yourself during this stressful time.

(((((Sher's mama)))) ((((Sher)))))
Old 11-01-2009, 05:04 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
cmc

kev...
I always learn from your posts and by your example. Thanks for your openness about what's going on and for showing ways to cope. I hope you settle in soon and acclimate yourself to this new phase in your life.

One of my favorite thing about recovery is realizing that we all have different versions of same story despite the varied and different details. jmho.... not meant to minimize any of it but in the spirit of this thread to emphasize the point, I will share this slogan.

Life's hard, stuff happens, so whine about it.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:57 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

thanks for the Haku KK

****{kevbro}}}

Life's hard, stuff happens, so whine about it.
put it in the Whiners Preamble Mr's C

Print!
Old 11-02-2009, 03:56 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

well, its monday, cant wait to hear what my pal al will say!

or wont!
Old 11-02-2009, 05:10 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

If you need me, Zipperman, I'll sharpen up the steel toed bunny slippers and come shin him back to reality.

Let us know how this works for you.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:20 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
let it grow!

the party's over all the remaining mini chocolate bars are in mr k's briefcase for his work candy dish ...
Old 11-02-2009, 05:27 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Haven't whined in a while.

Been sober for a while and still not able to save much money.

I opened up a savings account about two/three months ago or so and have a little over a thousand...not much for most...but that's a lot for me.

Small crisis this past two weeks...so all of my money is going to therapy and doctor appointments. I know, be grateful that I'm taking care of myself and all, but geez...I would really like to be able to buy a car soon. I'm hanging in there and hoping that my work place doesn't get on my case b/c I don't have a car yet. I guess I'll worry about that when they start nagging me.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:28 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Oh, I haven't had to touch the money in my savings yet, so that's good...but it looks like all of my next paycheck is already spent.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:39 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Bam, that's a good thing that you have saved money AND been able to handle expenses. My mama used to call that "our daily bread" and that's all we need each day, yes?

I too have a Halloween candy whine...we had NO kids, luckily I gave most of my candy to the Rec Centre here when I heard that the kids usually go there rather than to the individual condos. The second part of this whine is that the candy that wasn't covered in "most" above, sits on my counter tempting me when I am again trying to get serious about my diet.

I KNOW I will have to give it away today otherwise I shall eat it all and never lose those 10 pounds that are needing to go. 10 pounds doesn't sound like much, but think in terms of a small turkey or a 10 pound bag of potatoes and you KNOW it's not doing me any good.

Also, a Swine Whine....they are out of flu shots here and even those who need it most have not all had a shot.

I am Miss Queeny Grumpypants this Monday morning. Gotta work on that I suppose.

*whine and grabs candy because her svelt neighbour is walking her dog past her door and needs to catch her before she's gone*
Old 11-02-2009, 05:59 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

My coffee maker broke this morning, water all over the counter and floor, 12 cups to be exact Need a new coffeemaker now.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:05 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
cmc

No whines yet....but I'm working up to one. I was going to whine about the time change but can't because I think I kind of like it this way better.

Oh....what the hay....I suppose I do have one now that I think about it a bit; so on second thought:

Why? Why? Why????
Why can't we just find one good 'time' to set our clocks and then just leave it that way?? !!! I mean, isn't it better to just keep things simple? huh?

Thanks for letting me share.

a whine for each day
relieves frustrations and it
doesn't cost a thing
Old 11-02-2009, 08:40 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

I am totally dead inside......hardest thing to ever watch is the man you truely love walk out of your life, because of something you did.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:57 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

(((Katz)))
Old 11-02-2009, 12:40 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

AFter having to drive dk all the way to school - late - I came home and laid down for a nap. Slept over four hours - I must have been tired. Now can't get up any energy, can't wake up. Just had coffee trying to rouse myself into some energy but so far just feel sleepy.

It's a good thing I've got nothing to do today since I'm too tired to do anything....
Old 11-02-2009, 02:39 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

hey least your up cos you pposted a message one foot in front of the other.

Also lacking in energy here after a restless night sleep but just taking it slowly. Its a public Holiday here. The Melbourne Cup!
Old 11-02-2009, 06:39 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

katzy, i gave you a few words over there...

well, more then a few! lol

xxooxxoo

some great whines today!

and on the good foot,

my pal al did call, and the part is in, hooray!

now, i have to call may pal mark, to pencil me in to get it in, and fixed! o'ye!
Old 11-03-2009, 04:02 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

All this constant confrontation with dk is wearing me down. I wake up so anxious and cold and just cant shake the feeling of waiting for the other shoe to drop - like something else bad is going to happen. If I didin't have things to do right now I'd just go back to sleep and try to 'sleep it off' and wake up later in a better mood.

But even at this early hour I've got things to do: feed the dogs shortly and go vote, as today is election day. As soon as that's done maybe can go back to bed for a nap. I can't stand feeling so anxious all the time... And feeling like something bad is about to happen...

Please keep me in your prayers that today turns out alright and the anxiety goes away. Thanks.:ghug3