Notices

Living in Sobriety Pt 22

Old 10-26-2009, 06:19 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
let it grow!

lost a dear old friend of 30 years yesterday, brain tumor.

one of the best bluegrass pickers and nicest guys i've ever met..

it's tough when we lose the great ones. my heart is alittle broken today.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:30 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Location: Here's me. but when drinking could be found in doorways!
Parentrecovers:

Im sorry for your lose....

Take care
Old 10-26-2009, 06:46 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

PR...I'm so sorry.....

Louis...from where I sit, you are doing all the right things....being honest with yourself and others, contacting, listening and speaking with others in the same boat, being realistic about what you are dealing with...but most importantly...you are genuinely trying to the best of your ability. I think the last is a not so subtle biggy. Because fear rules us so, sometimes I think I am trying my best, but on closer inspection, I can see myself making excuses (fear or not willing to give up control) as to why I won't do this or that. But you are really examining your motives, and not deceiving yourself (which is very easy to do, in my book).

All this is a long way of saying that it is a pleasure to watch you grow in sobriety. You and I are alike, I think. Your words always resonate with something inside of me. No need to ever apologize for talking about how you are feeling. What you say, helps me, even if you don't realize it. Back, again, to a we program....
Old 10-26-2009, 06:49 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Good morning all. It looks to be a wonderful day, weather-wise, that is. And I'm just glad it isn't ME getting teeth yanked today!
Old 10-26-2009, 07:04 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Good morning and Monday everyone!

I am sitting at the car shop once again, but this time it was planned. I should be done here by lunch and then I have the rest of the day off. I am trying to burn all my vacation days before the end of the year.

I think I am going to go to the 'Fresh Market' after this and get something to make a nice dinner tonight. Fresh Market is kind of like Whole Foods here.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:21 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone.

K - I'm sorry about your friend.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:44 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Sorry about your friend K
Old 10-26-2009, 07:53 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

my head knows its on a losing battle so is trying anything to get inside me to mess me up some more... i think in the hope i will use...

I am not going to let it... i need to keep myself safe.. and i do that by coming here and spouting all this cr*p thats in my head... sorry you guys have to put up with itMy head/disease definately dont want me to do this step 4/5... the power will be gone from it when i do.
Louis good for you facing the fear and going ahead to help yourself. When using we were so fearful and today we meet those fears head on and GET WELL. Funny how our disease tries to tell us "You can't do this, you can't do that" well YES WE CAN,
we CAN do ANYTHING we put our minds too.
And your sharing all this here, that's awesome Louis, because when you get through something that's hard, it gives others hope that they too can get through it. That's what has been a saving grace for me in sobriety, seeing that others get through the things that are troubling, and they don't pick up, so I believe I can do the same thing. And so on it goes, one alcoholic helping another.

And your disease and your secrets will have NO POWER over you after you do your 5th Step. Good Ridiance I say!!!

Louis I know I keep saying it, but I really am so damn proud of you. You have grown so much in the past month, you are showing me and everyone else that this program works IF YOU WORK IT. Bravo my friend.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:53 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

k Im so sorry your heart is a little broken today. Life can be very REAL at times.
I hope you can be gentle with yourself and take it easy today. Feel those feelings.

Louis its a pleasure to listen to you share your feeling with us and grow in your recovery. This is the stuff that keeps me coming back. The stuff I an relate too. The stuff that makes me closer to you. The stuff that reminds me I am not alone on my journey. remember together we can do what I could not..... xxoxoxox
Old 10-26-2009, 08:53 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

In work but bored right now. Thinking I have so much to do at home and nothing to do here but at least I'm getting a paycheck. I ordered a bouquet of flowers from my sponsors parents Flowershop for my daughter, they do beautiful arrangements.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:54 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Hi Nels
Old 10-26-2009, 09:02 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

hi sweetness and light!!!
Old 10-26-2009, 09:10 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

You know, I was thinking of all of us the other day and started to match up different people with what they, as individuals, are going through. And there's some MAJOR SHYTE for some of us. And how amazing that everyone is facing, what I think, are issues pretty high up the Richter scale...sober. Wow. I do not (thank God) have anything remotely minor even, going on. Each and every one of you is an inspiration for me.

OK..I'm glued back together. I can't tell you how funny I felt, walking into the dentist, with my tooth in a little baggie, saying "Could you please glue this back on? The Gary Larsen in me was imaging all sorts of funny scenarios....the pirate hopping in, carrying his peg, saying "my foot fell off, have any glue?"....that sort of stuff.
And then I went to the market to load up on water for the project. Call me Gunga Din!
Old 10-26-2009, 09:44 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Hiya Lis glad your all smiles again...that gummy look is not good!!!!.......

Old 10-26-2009, 09:48 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Ewwwwwww, Nel...take that down!
Old 10-26-2009, 11:24 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rowan View Post

Has anyone considered going to the next World Conference? It's in July in Texas! I would love to go!

Yes Yes Yes!!!! I'm going Rolo! Let's meet up there!!! :bounce:

BTW.....I'm home and had a great time on the cruise.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:31 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

All of LIS

Thankyou for helping me along my journey... definately a WE journey....

Its a pleasure to take this journey with you... i couldnt do it alone...
Old 10-26-2009, 11:43 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

HOS:

I remember one christmas mornin.. i was visiting my mum and had stayed the night before... anyway i woke with the cap off my tooth in my mouth... thankfully i hadnt swollowed it...
My mum didnt know what to do so we got some chewing gum... stuck my tooth back in with that until i could get to the dentist...

Christmas dinner was ate very warily

Glad you got it sorted though and dont look like Nelco's pic!!!!!
Old 10-26-2009, 11:48 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Welcome home Tan glad you enjoyed the cruise. I'm considering the World's - it all depends on $ of course - but I'll try to decide soon. I would love to meet up!

Back to the gym for me today my back finally allowed it.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:05 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I am afraid I drank last night. I am not drinking tonight. I am sorry. I will be back tomorrow.