Notices

Living in Sobriety Pt 22

Old 10-25-2009, 06:11 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Location: Here's me. but when drinking could be found in doorways!
Yes i was brought up catholic... i was also brought up that who i was was against the religion i was brought into... not a religion i chose... but thats another debate...

I do understand what you mean...

A big fear i was brought up with was 'judgement day'.. This was a big thing we were taught... that one day when i died i would be judged for all my sins and these would determine where i went...

I dont knwo how to but this strongly enough... but the fear i have of death because of this i cant describe....

I never went to confession as i could not talk about stuff... but i know what you mean...

Now is time for me to confess... im an adult now... these things cant hurt me anymore... its only me that keeps them alive...

Sorry... that went abit off track from your question... I am sure this HP that i am beginning to find 'still dont know what it is... but i dont need to if it works' will guide me through this....
Old 10-25-2009, 06:12 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

I'm off to bed, have a good night. See you peeps in the morning.

Rusty, I know you're on your way, so hello, and goodnight my friend. Hope you had a good day. See you in the morning too.
Old 10-25-2009, 06:16 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
Has anyone considered going to the next World Conference? It's in July in Texas! I would love to go!
...speaking of HOT....Texas in July? Although, I think the whole state is fueled by a gigantic air conditioner in the summer....seriously, my brother used to live in Houston and apparently there are underground ways to get to and fro, because of the heat. Maybe he was pulling my leg, though....

Thank you all for being a captive audience. I'm actually in Idaho and just have a vivid imagination.....

Just kidding...I couldn't make this stuff up, if I tried!
Old 10-25-2009, 06:16 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

aunt dee, were you asleep at the wheel! lol

hiya gang

lou, get'n in at the end, i would agree with nelc, on re-reading step 3,

and, the last page of step 1

their your truths lou,

how free do we want to be comes with time, continued working of the steps,

and the connection to the spirit.

nelc, "Tear the Roof Off That Sucker" Parliament

dash ziprock head'n off!
Old 10-25-2009, 06:17 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Well, not going to bed yet.

A big fear i was brought up with was 'judgement day'.. This was a big thing we were taught... that one day when i died i would be judged for all my sins and these would determine where i went...
Louis I was brought up with this fear too. I grew up thinking that God was a punishing God and that hell hath no fury like God would have for my sins. But today I know that is nothing but bullsh*t. I know that God loves me for who and what I am, and he will always love me, I am his child. God does not punish, people punish people.

So honey, let go of all that stuff you learned as a child, yes you are an adult now, and you know that God has taken you this far, he will not let you fall and he has never hurt you, you have hurt yourself and others have hurt you.
Old 10-25-2009, 06:18 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

woops!!!

hiya Bee!
Old 10-25-2009, 06:19 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

had to get that in before the foot started tap'n!
Old 10-25-2009, 06:22 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Nah, I just would have shot daggers at you!!!!
Old 10-25-2009, 06:22 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Well put, darlin"

Sweet dreams, peeps...I'm off to bed as well. Nel and Bee kept me up late last night!!!

lis

PS...Lordy, you both are fast...I was commenting on your comment to Louis, Bee, about God being a loving God...
Old 10-25-2009, 06:25 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Bee
Nah, I just would have shot daggers at you!!!!

head'n south (inters) (( interactive forums))Bee,

nights
Old 10-25-2009, 06:59 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Zip...Glad you remembered....I was going to remind you about the necessary subtitles. Don't get lazy on me...
Old 10-26-2009, 03:06 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Wow, first up this morning (It's 5:45). Ugh...it's dark out. Oh well. OK, this seems par for the course, this week...last night, one of my temp crowns came off!!!!! Yikes! Normally, this wouldn't be a biggy, but a) this project is from 7-5 and b) I'm not within 2000 miles of the dentist who did this. So, no project for me today...I'm going to find a dentist here who can glue (???) it back on, hopefully, today. I'll see if I can pick up supplies for the dig in my travels. So no funnies today...well, actually island living is full of funnies...so who knows????
Old 10-26-2009, 03:20 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
grateful to be here

hos good luck on finding a dentist. i too have problems with a crown (of course sooo expensive) but i think i've lucked out and found a really good dentist--and yes he is expensive. but i'm really impressed with the technology in his office. and the staff is super nice. i'm looking at $2000 after he fixes everything that is wrong. word of warning-don't skip going to the dentist for 3 yrs!!!! i'll never do that again for sure!
i'm headed off to work--we are having the flu clinic today. i got my h1n1 and seasonal flu shot on friday with no ill effects thankfully. today promises to be a bear and i'm sure i will sleep good tonite.
hope ev1 has some good things in store for them today bo
Old 10-26-2009, 03:22 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

I'm up, Lis you sound like you're speeding this morning. That s*cks about the cap coming off, I know you're on the island but maybe somewhere you can find dentabond, that's if you can't get a dentist. No one second thought, you will be there for a couple more months, so you better find a dentist.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:08 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

HoS
Don't get lazy on me...
nah (no) he he

mor'n LIS

1st day of yank'n (pulling) day for me, ugh!

neglect=5 g's ($5000.00)

and out of my own pocket (out of my own pocket)

xxooxxoo to Bee
Old 10-26-2009, 04:13 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Doesn't sound like a fun day Rusty
Old 10-26-2009, 04:16 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

ya think!
Old 10-26-2009, 04:55 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Heading to work, then party store for decorations for my daughters room. Also some food shopping to be done, see you all later. Have a wonderful day.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:03 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

morning all. bank hol monday here, so hubby off work and it feels like another sunday. Having the boys over later for dinner and a movie. looking forward to a relaxing evening with family.

Louis like Bee said.....I also once thought like that also........(when I was sick ans scared) then in step 2 I discovered a God of love and not a God of fear.

Louis remember this , YOU did the best you could with the tools you had at that time. Its different now. You have a program for living now and your HP loves. loves, loves you just as you are!!!! God dont make junk!!

One more thing Louis..........................we love you too!!!!
Old 10-26-2009, 05:57 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Location: Here's me. but when drinking could be found in doorways!
Thankyou...

I've been thinking about what you have said and your right... it is people who punish people...

I was just about to write i am not sure whats wrong with me... but i know whats wrong with me... its fear... and even though i dont want to use... my head is using that fear against me... my head knows its on a losing battle so is trying anything to get inside me to mess me up some more... i think in the hope i will use...

I am not going to let it... i need to keep myself safe.. and i do that by coming here and spouting all this cr*p thats in my head... sorry you guys have to put up with it...

My head/disease definately dont want me to do this step 4/5... the power will be gone from it when i do... i hope... still not 100% convinced... but i am convinced/willing enough to try...

Thankyou....