Notices

Living In Sobriety - Part 21

Old 10-25-2009, 01:25 PM
  # 541 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

This thread is getting so big it's going to explode. WHere's Dee when ya need him??
Old 10-25-2009, 01:39 PM
  # 542 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Scoob, honey I was fooling around with my daughter and told her I was going to post about her, I originally did but then I edited it. We were just fooling around, it was nothing you said.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:41 PM
  # 543 (permalink)  

Well I'm home from the Assembly. It was pretty dang boring, but if this is what I need to do for my group, I'll gladly do it. Well - maybe not gladly. But I'll do it.

I got home to the scent of overpowering cat urine. My sister had picked up my dogs and locked the cats out of the basement where their food, water and litter is. As most know, I just dropped over a hundred bucks to have the house cleaned for showings this week.

I was so upset I cried. The thought of cleaning it, disinfecting. Worried I wouldn't get rid of the smell. Daughter and I investigated and found it confined to the dog's bed which was on the floor (hardwood) in front of the fire. The bed is now gone, the floor is mopped with bleach, and we seem to have gotten rid of it all, thank God.

Now - why am I sharing this? You see, I had a resentment against my sister. I don't like asking for favours too often, and this was a big one. She was taking my daughter for the weekend. She didn't have to take the dogs, they were fine here but that was her choice. I had asked her to look in on them each day. After accepting, she then says she wants to go see her boyfriend Friday night (he is her newest boyfriend - yes I am judging) and spend the night. She wanted me to have all four girls here overnight until Saturday afternoon. I wouldn't be home - the kids would be here - to trash my place that I just had cleaned. So I nicely explained my position but said no. Her way around this was to take all the kids (minus one) up to her boyfriends. I was unhappy about this because of all the travel time and her tendency to drink a lot while with him. However, she would be staying the night and therefore not driving. Besides, I figured it was none of my business and said nothing, although I did worry about Sarah being on the road (she's all I've got - I worry so much) without me. Boyfriend lives well over an hour away - each way.

And so - it took very little for my temper to flare when i got home and found my neglected cats and the stench of urine. I phoned my daughter and asked her to be ready for pickup, and that I was upset. I told her I wouldn't be coming in - I was too upset. And angry. I wasn't about to go berserk on my sister, because this was clearly about more than just the cats. Even I could see that.

So I cried. I talked to my daughter. I calmed down. We cleaned a bit. We got groceries. We lit candles. We baked muffins.

And everything is okay. I'm not mad anymore.

So - this is me processing what happened. I'm mentally drained.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:49 PM
  # 544 (permalink)  

Ok, I was just a tad confused. LOL
Old 10-25-2009, 01:52 PM
  # 545 (permalink)  

WTF my sister was just here dropping off my daughter's house key. I knew she was coming but she didn't even come to the door - she put it in the mailbox and drove away. Maybe she's scared.

Maybe she's mad. Here come my insecurities - full on!

But why would she be mad? I didn't even talk to her!
Old 10-25-2009, 01:53 PM
  # 546 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

I think you handled that very well Ro What's done is done, it can't be changed, you were mav a leous darling. Now that you processed it here, just let it go.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:56 PM
  # 547 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Because she knew she was wrong Ro,or maybe something happened with the boyfriend, just let it go. Don't let her ruin your mood. That's what we do so well, we let other peoples problems control our thoughts and moods.

Heading out to meet my sponsor for a meeting. See ya all on the new thread!!!!
Old 10-25-2009, 02:04 PM
  # 548 (permalink)  

Good insight, Bee. Thanks. Enjoy the meeting.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:11 PM
  # 549 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

sorry you came to that smelly mess Ro, but I would say she is mad cause you did not go in and thank her for minding sarah. maybe not ....but does she know about the cats?? not if you did not tell her.

I had a nice meal with family. home now and going to watch a film called Difiance
Old 10-25-2009, 02:13 PM
  # 550 (permalink)  

Yes, she knows. When I called my daughter, I asked her to let her aunt know why I wasn't coming in, and what had happened. Sarah tells me that she said she was 'very , very sorry' - so yes, she knows. Maybe she's just giving me time to cool off?

Maybe I had better stick to what I know, and let go of the rest.

Going to take a bath and then make supper.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:17 PM
  # 551 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

aw then I guess she is feeling bad and as you said giving you time to cool off
Old 10-25-2009, 02:39 PM
  # 552 (permalink)  

Well, let's see if I can squeak in one last post....

Ro..."ditto" to what Bee said. I think that you handled it well. Now, put it in the God box...

I'm glad evryone is having a good day. Super to hear about the lack of headaches, Bro.

OK, mine got better as I went along. First let me say, crazy as it sounds, given my druthers, I'd rather swim in fresh water rather than salt, becasue I hate the dried, sticky feeling. Well at the end of our ride to the Cay this a.m. given by a really nice guy in the project, I was climbing over the edge of the boat to drop down to the surf (ankle deep), my shorts caught on the cleat...ripped...and pulled me off balance enough that I fell into the water. This is about 9 a.m. and I know, then and there, that I am going to be hot AND sticky and bitten until 4 pm. The only fresh water is to drink and that's too precious to waste on rinsing Let's just say that I can't say the expletive that came out of my mouth right then. But I thought...there's nothing I can do...so chin up, sticky and sandy as it was.

So we basically mapped out (on the ground and on paper) what we think are structures and documented finds, by location and description. It was really fascinating. But hot. And sticky. And buggy. No sign of fire ants, but someone said there might be poison trees or something like that...you touch the bark and break out in blisters!!!!! Lovely. So now, I am watching where I am goind and touching NO trees, becasue no one knows what this poison tree actually looks like. Becasue I was wearing a hat and looking at my feet, I walked into low branches no fewer than three times. I mean really walked into the branches. Hard enough for that same expletive that cannot be repeated here.

If I had been one of the soldiers, I woulda said...I'm outta hea...let the French have it, for God's sake!

So, on the way back this afternoon, the little boat was having engine fits. Did I mention that the battery blew up yesterday? Well, the owner (same nice guy from the morning, who has the temperment, resourcefulness and sense of the absurd as Job), thought he had fixed it. We limped back to the main Cay in the little boat where it died, altogether. He and his friend (also with the project) did something to get it going again and the friend promptly turned around and went back out into open water and back to our "working Cay" to fetch the rest of the group. I would have looked at the owner of the boat (the a.m. guy with the great personality) and said you want me to WHAT? Turn this around and go back, trusting it's OK and won't konk out? God Bless these men of Faith!

I'm just funnin all of you. We ARE having fun and knew what to expect...but there's a LOT of grunt work B4 you get to see the magnificent finds, beautifully cleaned up and spotlit in the museum. Because I love history, it appeals to me, but frankly, I think that I am better suited to writing historical romances from the safety, bug-free, air-conditioned splendor of my home!
Old 10-25-2009, 02:47 PM
  # 553 (permalink)  

Ah HOS, yes we are related. LOL
Old 10-25-2009, 03:01 PM
  # 554 (permalink)  
Administrator

New part here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...y-pt-22-a.html

D