Notices

Living In Sobriety - Part 21

Old 10-20-2009, 05:50 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

stop boasting about getting windows 7 stone, it upsets me. I had a funeral this week for my desktop.

My desktop said goodbye ! Well I said goodbye to it! It was a loyal pal.. but having to remind it to go on.... by pressing f2 constantly was a pain then it was forgetting who I was lol. so I backed up all my stuff and its outside now in the rain waiting to be dumped.
Next year I may get windows 7 if I replace the desktop.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:58 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tanyapmc View Post
My favorite quote:

"May you always be overwhelmed by the Grace of God rather than by the cares of life."
Thanks Tanya. I like that. It reminded me of a little heart shaped plaque I have hanging in my kitchen.

"It's not how much we have but how much we enjoy that makes us happy."

Have a great day y'all.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:05 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Oh and Lis, thanks for checkin' up on me. I do appreciate that very much. You are the awesomest!!

I'm not worthy....I'm not worthy....
Old 10-20-2009, 06:14 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Morning LIS!

My daughter gets to come with me to work this morning, she has a follow up with her pediatrician and the office is downtown close to where I work.

If I can get all my homework done there's a meeting at 8 pm. Hard to squeeze everything in, blah.

Men close your ears, I am very pmsey today and that mixed with coming down (Day 7), I am crying over tv commercials, it's nice but enough is enough sometimes LOL

Hugs to you all, Have a great day.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:55 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Morning folks!

...I'm in a fog....the phone ringing woke me up in mid-sleep-cycle....need coffee......
Old 10-20-2009, 07:01 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Morning all...

Still waiting to want to wake up greeting the day if you know what I mean, but I'll take any day sober.

My 51st day brings some worries... My sister's having a breast biopsy, my youngest -- the 14 year old has been feeling blue (again my stupid genes), and my other sister's seriously depressed too. Please pray for all of them as it'll take some of the weight off...

I'm trying to focus on... Spending some "fun" time with the sister who's been feeling low. Hoping to see a smile. Going to a Bruce Springsteen concert with her tonight by default. I'm not a big fan actually, but finally decided to spend the $100 on a ticket to: see the smile , get out of the house and make my soccer player daughter insanely jealous. She's at school right now, and I'm getting her back for the hours and hours and hours of Bruce she subjected me to over the years of hour long drives to practices and tournaments. She is probably, hands down, his biggest 18 year old fan.

Now -- enough of me, me, me...

((((Scoob)))) Men -- keep your ears covered! I'm no longer PMSing, but my stage of life's bringing it's share of expected hormonal changes too! I should probably keep this in mind, actually, as it may have something to do with my moods being all over the place. Aren't we lucky to be women right now? NOT. lol

So happy to see you, Ken! Missed you the past few days.

Nels -- my laptop's about to bite the dust. Considering duct tape at this point. REALLY. I've spent the last few days researching options for a new one. Mac or PC laptop, even. Can't decided. We've always been PC people, but my daughters love the Macbooks they got for college and have been trying to convince me to make the switch. I'm not so sure I want to spend that much though. My problem with the pc's is that I don't understand all the options and the differences between them! WAYYYY too confusing.

Tanya -- I needed that quote today, big time. Thank you.

Rusty -- hope you're able to get in touch with your sponsee. Glad you were able to sleep in a bit as it sounds like you probably needed it.

Have to say Bo, that your avi doesn't match YOU. lol Seeing Chucky... Yikes!!!! Makes me cringe!

Kate -- hoping you're in a deep, deep, sleep right now....

Louis -- "Hi" and "bye" back... Seems a lot of us are doing the Rusty fly byes these days. It does feel good to stop by for even a moment, though, doesn't it?

Stone -- more soup with the C and keep being good to yourself. Doctor's orders, do you hear?

Donna -- Happy to "hear" you singing morning, even if it was to drown out the kids. Hahaha

IO, Ro, Liz... thinking of you too, and Dee... Well -- Hugs and a THANK YOU for letting us continue our incessant, yet important and meaningful banter.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:32 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by nelco View Post
Gypsy.....I hope you feel stronger today and your mouth is better. x
Mouth feels slightly better thanks to a handful of Advil.

I am not feeling as strong as I appear. The whole drama thing is happening again and I am in tears. It's not going to change.I knew coming back was a risk/ bad idea even... and he's doing it again. Reading my posts and using word for word what I have written back in my face.Then saying he doesn't.

I am picking up the teen from school soon... she has her annual exam plus needs paperwork filled out from the doc for swim season. I also got a call asking if I'd sub a gentle class at the gym so I said yes. It's right down the street from the doctors so the only bad thing is I pick her up early and bring her along and she can either listen to music in the van or read while I teach for an hour. She's not upset about leaving school early lol.

When I agreed to sub I felt fine... I had no idea my eyes were going to be all swollen and puffy from crying. I certainly don't exude calm and serenity but I will get through the class. Keeping the lights low might help .

Teaching again later after teh teens appointment.

Don't worry about me if I don't post for a while. I'm in preservation mode right now.

Good day all .
Old 10-20-2009, 07:33 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nelco View Post
stop boasting about getting windows 7 stone, it upsets me. I had a funeral this week for my desktop.

My desktop said goodbye ! Well I said goodbye to it! It was a loyal pal.. but having to remind it to go on.... by pressing f2 constantly was a pain then it was forgetting who I was lol. so I backed up all my stuff and its outside now in the rain waiting to be dumped.
Next year I may get windows 7 if I replace the desktop.

I am using Windows 7 RC right now, RC means release candidtate and is the version before the final one they release. It seems fine to me, I still get updates for it and stuff and have no problems at all with it.

You can use this free, legitimately, until May or June. It is still available via bit torrent (I think 7100 is the one) and I have some passwords you can use or you can get a password from Microsoft.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:34 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Gyps. I am sorry.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:00 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Good morning all

Coffee pot is coming round

Hope y'all have a great day
Old 10-20-2009, 08:08 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Old 10-20-2009, 08:09 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Oh Gyps. Do you share a computer? Are you able to set aside some of your own money from teaching to buy an inexpensive laptop or pc of your own that you can password protect? I can't even imagine being in your shoes...

I've often been wary of my husband's reading my posts, but although I know he wouldn't be all that thrilled with some of what I've written he wouldn't throw it in my face.

My heart breaks for you right now. Hang in there, and I hope you find some peace today.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:15 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Just peeking in briefly I am at work but have a luncheon then more testing this afternoon (I passed the interview) - I'll be back on from home tonight to catch up with everyone. Hugs and Happy 21 to all.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:19 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Well done Ro!

What other tests are there?
Old 10-20-2009, 08:19 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fluttering View Post
Good morning all

Coffee pot is coming round

Hope y'all have a great day

Nice to see you here, Fluttering.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:25 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Gyps, I'm really sorry hubby is being such a dipstick. I hope you don't leave SR again due to his antics. I miss you when you're not here.:ghug3
Old 10-20-2009, 08:47 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Oh how I wish I had more time to chat today but I have to run now, I really hope I get to come back tonight after the meeting, but that depends how late I get home.

Gypsy hang in there. you have US!!!!!

ROWAN.......I am speechless!! You have made my day. and to think you were going to throw the towel in at one stage.................

liz.....one foot in foot of the other.....you are doing good keep sharing with us here. Its great to read your honest posts.

Really wish I had longer but step 3 is calling.....and my friend is waiting.

Big kisses and hugs all around!!!

Hello fluttering xox
Old 10-20-2009, 08:49 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Scoob
Old 10-20-2009, 10:13 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Sorry Gypsy. If I knew my dh was reading this I would be likely to put in bold letters how much of an immature tool I thought he was for needing to invade your privacy.

But that's just me.

Ped. isn't as happy with dd's progress as we are, and wants to consider trying a different med on her. I think she's doing just fine, and doesn't need to be a better robot, she needs to be able to be a 10 year old girl. But that's me getting defensive and upset again. She wants to give her teacher another month to see her on these meds, and then do the checklist thing again and maybe try a different med. It's not as much of a stimulant, so her appetite wouldn't be affected as it is now, but this med is the one that if it doesn't work just perfectly for a person, it can make them tired and zombie-like. I'd rather her be a little hyper and energetic than lethargic and drugged up. Not a view of the future I want her to have KWIM?
Old 10-20-2009, 11:02 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Liz...you may not feel this way inside, but I think your posts are positively inspiring! What I want to know is do you take notes while you read, cuz I'm about at that point!

Gyps...I don't know what to say. Like Liz and Marlee, I cannot fathom the intrusion and lack of trust. What is he afraid of? Why does he feel this need to denigrate you? I don't understnad. Have either of you (separately or alone) considered counseling? I'm no shrink...but he seems to have a lot of anger and need to hurt. My heart goes out to you and I certainly understand preservation mode.

Ro...you go girl! Ditto to what Nel said (she's so wise)...to think you almost threw in the towel. I know that this promotion would give you more $...would that affect your decision to sell your house?

Marlee...I'm sorry about your daughter....I agree that I would choose hyper over zombie..still it must be hard for you to make these calls...

Bro...feelin' better? Sounds like it!

Hi flutter. Welcome to the group that puts the "fun" in dysfunctional!

Hiya Bee, Zip, Ken (wherever you are) and anyone I missed!

Busy day for me...glad the coffee kicked in! (I'll be careful Bro, LOL)