Notices

Class of January Pt 6

Old 11-02-2009, 05:07 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Resident

Good morning class.
Nope no beer since I got back from Cuba. I will not drink if my wife does not want me too. If there is an occassion that she says it is OK to have a couple I will have a couple. I am at the point where I can take it or leave it. I do not want to go bacj to being a drunk and having a couple is no different than having a couple of near beers so I will stick with the non alcoholic beers. It makes things a lot less complicated.

My wife got some kind of flu over the weekemd so we are keeping a close eye on it. She started with the same symptoms as you Richard but it did not clear. I will suggest she take some aspirin and Vitamin D.
I am with you on the flu shot. I like to live dangerously.
I will not comment on my fear of dentists. It is something I don't like to think about and I am dentist free until January.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:44 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

I absolutely love my dentist.........I actually enjoy going, we have fun. I know that sounds strange, but we sure do laugh alot and I am never in any pain. The staff is a kick in the pants as well.
Not sure If I will get a flu shot this year or not.........I usually do....there is also the H1N1 shot but it is reserved for health care workers, the elderly and children.......at least right now........

Did lousy in the bowling tourn. but sure had fun......back to league tonight..........

I cannot believe it is November!! Where is time going????

Nice to have ya back Sir Richard, you have been missed.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:57 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Glad the dentist visit went OK.

37 degrees, then drop 20... nice, celsius.

Americans still haven't embraced the metric system, I remember that in 9th grade... just over 30 years ago, we were told that the switch to metric was just around the corner here. We use it in health care/community, much easier system to use.

Have a great day.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:58 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Resident

Bad news yesterday. I got called for jury duty.
This is my third time but last time I got out of it by moving to another city, This time I have to go in three weeks so I am stuck I guess. No time to move.
The only type of case I would be remotely interested in would have to do with some kind of financial planner ripping people off or stock and security fraud.
I don't know if I could be impartial to one of those blood sucking scum bags.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:45 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

LOL Fub......I just laughed out loud at your post.....got out of it by moving to another city.........you crack me up. Just pretend you have turret syndrome.......spelling? Just start screaming stuff out periodically.........they won't keep ya...........LOL.......I am silly this morning, sorry. I need to get a life. I am seriously considering getting back to the good life this weekend.....it will be hard but I know I have to........I am wasting my life here.........

Hugs to all.
Wendy
Old 11-04-2009, 05:05 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Resident

Good to see things getting fixed up for you Sandy.
I am still bummed out about jury duty but I will not drink. In the past something like this may have induced me to feel sorry for myself and hi t the bar.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:21 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Get used to this scene Fub. LOL....just scream out guilty before they even finish the first question.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:26 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I had to do jury duty and really quite enjoyed it. It was very interesting to see the justice system at work, first hand.

The trial was for some poor sucker who got caught with 10kg of 98% pure cocaine stuck inside the cargo door of his mini-van entering Canada from the States.

Of course he pleaded not guilty...

The guy's initial downfall was that he was crossing the border with an expired insurance decal on his license plate and he had forgot to put half the screws back in on the cover to his cargo door.....This raised some red flags with the Canadian Border Guards.....what a dumbass...

The trial was only 6 days. You got to go home after court, but when deliberating we were sequestered and put up in a hotel.

It was very cool to stay in a hotel in your own home town..plus you end up kinda bonding with the other 11 people on the jury.... very interesting experience.

At meal times 2 armed sheriffs would march the 12 of us over to local top hotels for grub..you got to order anything you wanted off the menu on the gov't tab (no alcohol though).

I'd do it again if they called me.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:38 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Where are you JSM? We miss you!!
Old 11-04-2009, 02:39 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Resident

I was on the jury the first time and don't want to do it again.

First time the guy was convicted of armed robbery and ended up dead in prison. Some time later. He was a scary guy and it is an experience I can do without again.

I don't know about where you are Richard but here if you are called you have to go. No outs.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:37 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Sandy.. celebrate the goodness.
Enjoy a great day. That's really all we can do.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:01 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Resident

Good morning class
Yes do something fun on the weekend Sandy that does not involve drinking.
Remember the good times.
Peace.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:27 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Strong work Sandy. That arcade can become habit forming.

Worked my last shift yesterday and start anew monday morning, but not until after the 2 day golf tournament over the weekend.

Sad day here in our military community. Fort Hood, where the shooting occurred is just up the road...It's amazing what we do to each other. I will start my new job at the Army Medical Center where I've been stationed and worked before. Offer prayers for the families of those killed and wounded.

Enjoy the day friends.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:16 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Just read up on that story JSM....that is horrific! My heart goes out to all the victims and their families. You just never know when your day will come.....and I know I am guilty of always thinking tomorrow will be here for me no matter what. Nothing is guaranteed and this is the glaring proof of that.

Wtg -----5 in a row champ. LOL........
Old 11-07-2009, 06:11 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Resident

Good morning class.
I have been punishing myself this week and last by doing extra cardio for all the overindulging in sweets that I did last month.
I hate cardio as it is long and boring so maybe next time when my sweet tooth craving acts up I will think about all the extra cardio.
Maybe if I overindulge in alcohol I will come up with a similar punishment plan.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:00 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Hard to imagine how different our weather is........yours sounds like Texas! (sorry JSM)........extremes.......

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. My condo meeting did not go so well, I "tabled" a motion which squashed our yearly vote....the board hates my guts now. My neighbor won't speak to me. The Assoc. was trying to make a change in our declarations that pretty much made 4 of us ladies now in charge of maintenance and upkeep of two bridges leading to our homes. That should be considered common ground! Two of the ladies are elderly so are they saying the one in front of my place is my sole responsibility? I think not. They need 90% of the people to pass it and with the 4 of us refusing, it never will..............still, I hate conflict and hate knowing someone is really pissed at me. K, so that's my vent............went to the gym, went to church, they had a new program starting at the end of the service called Celebrate Recovery. Thought I would go see what it was.......one hour of eating and "fellowship"......one hour of a talk to the whole group.........one our in small group discussions..........um, no thanks........3 hours? Yikes..........plus an hour service? That's half a day! LOL.......

Day Two has been most excellent my friends.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:13 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

I certainly can't top anything that was mentioned here, but I do want to say a fond hello...

Old 11-08-2009, 05:22 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Resident

All I have to say today is I am bored.
When I said that to my mother she would say go clean your room.
I will not repeat my response.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:17 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

That's a cool pic Richard...........took a sec to catch what it was.......I thought the lady had a rotting eyeball at first! LOL
Old 11-09-2009, 07:22 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

OK something is really wrong when the Fub doesn't start the early morning post. Are you still bored Fub??

Hey JSM, you are starting the new job today! Let us know how it goes!!!! And how did you "fair" (lol) in the golf tourn??

We have crisp, sunny Fall weather here Sandy.........not too shabby.....