Notices

August Sobriety Group Pt 5

Old 10-16-2009, 09:18 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

A pumpkin patch event sounds like so much fun!

I participated in a scarecrow decorating contest last weekend when I was on vacation. The local businesses sponsor them...and then they are hung right in front of each business. It really had me in the fall/Halloween mode.

I hope you have some more free time next weekend, and that you will be able to get in some Yoga...for me, my excercise is my saving grace.

Loved your other post..way to go TJ.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:23 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Meow

Re the ***** list, TJ your stuff posted (all of them!). Sometimes there's a bit of a delay between posting and it showing up on the list.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:28 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Weird, PC. There was a huge long delay, then!!!

I'm glad they all posted. I bet the first one and two were a little repetitive

The third one was obviously a test -- LOL.

But glad to see it's working okay.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:18 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hey guys --- I just tried to post a couple of messages on the ***** thread and they disappeared. Wasn't Kate having this problem? Is there something wrong with it?
no i was unable to log in.. but going to work it out and check in.

loved your other post btw

have a good day all.. i'm heading out to work
Old 10-16-2009, 10:27 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Very good but strange night for me, guys. I went out with a friend from high school (he had business in the DC area). He is divorced with kids like me, so we had a lot in common... a nice time. While at the restaurant when I walked in, I saw some friends of mine at the bar drinking (wine, martinis). I sat down to talk to them (waiting for my dinner date to arrive) and they offered to buy me a drink. I was not tempted to drink, but was a little thrown off guard and then said that I'd like a cranberry juice.... they quizzed me a little but not a lot and it worked out fine. At dinner I ordered San Pellegrino and my date had wine -- it didn't bother me at all because I'm on a mission to stay sober!!!

A weird thing happened when I got home. I was thinking about the guy who kind of broke my heart (the one in Switzerland) after I was separated and just logged into one of my chat accounts. He happened to be coming home from partying at like 5:00 AM, saw me online and said hi and that he was just thinking of me today. Very strange, since we haven't talked in over a year. He then proceeded to flirt with me as he used to, as if we had never broken up. Weird that I was thinking of him and he was thinking of me at the same time. So life is strange at times.

But life is GOOD when you are sober!!!

HOW IS EVERYONE ELSE DOING?
Old 10-17-2009, 05:57 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

TJ...

Sounds like you had a nice night..

Hmm...thinking of an ex-beau, logging into a chat account and he is there..

Last night, I felt so good, that it briefly crossed my mind that I could have one drink..

I didn't drink...but, strange how those thoughts do pop up at the strangest times..I mean, I was in a good mood!!!

Our dog just had a seizure...its been awhile since the last one. He had them every 30 days for so long..this time, we stretched it to 60 days.

Heading out for a walk..
Old 10-17-2009, 06:00 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Last night, I felt so good, that it briefly crossed my mind that I could have one drink..

I didn't drink...but, strange how those thoughts do pop up at the strangest times..I mean, I was in a good mood!!!

i know what you mean!
Old 10-17-2009, 06:14 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Me, too guys. I tended to drink more when I was happy (or stressed out) but not when I was sad. Isn't that strange. Then the drinking would make me sad. Glad to stop the madness!!!
Old 10-17-2009, 06:47 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Checking in. To be honest I feel off the wagon, feel awful this morning. I was doing so well, now I'm not. Going minute by minute now. This sucks.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:14 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

((((Zebra)))) We are here for you. Check in with us today.

I'm off to get my hair "done" -- then have to grocery shop and am going to my second AA meeting!! It's at the same place where the first one was, so this time I will know where to go and where to park, etc.

I'm a little relieved because I was supposed to go to my girlfriend's house tonight for "wine and Chinese food" (I was going to bring a bottle of sparkling lemonade for myself...) but one of the friends had to cancel, so now I get to stay home with my puppy (my kids are with their Dad), watch a movie and have take out food at home. This will all be after the AA meeting. So it's nice that I don't have to go out tonight. I'm a bit of a homebody and don't often get that nice quiet, cozy time at home.

I'll check in after my meeting.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:19 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Hi y'all.

Hi Zebra. ((hug)) That sorta happened to me too. Come on back.

OB, proud of you...

I'm back, I suppose, feel like I wandered out into the dirt at a monster truck rally. Maybe I did.

You'd think I might notice, but all week I've been living in some sort of surreal world. None of it seems real after it's over. Not like a blackout, but something else. Maybe more like an out of body experience. I'm not sure. Had a rally I didn't attend, and the Homecoming... everything else I did. And a lot of bottles too, not sure how many. But I have a lot less money in my pocket now, and I was going to use it to pay the court people. Grr. Not like I could afford this anyways...

Well, I woke up and showered and ate some soup 'cause it's all I think I can tolerate, now I'm getting ready to go to a AA meeting, the one from last week where they seemed kind of nice to me. I hope they don't reject me now that I messed up again, but it's too late to be thinking on that.

Oh, and what y'all was saying, about drinking and sad etc... I'd drink whenever. *ALL* the worst alcohol induced incidents (arrest, dui, wrecks, like that) were after I had been drinking because I was happy. I'd drink too much, too fast, recklessly enjoying human company... and pay. Got to the point, I feared being happy, which led to further isolation, which led to... eventually right here.

Take care y'all,
TB
Old 10-17-2009, 12:37 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Thanks for the virtual hug. I need it today.
Old 10-17-2009, 01:10 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

(((Zebra)))
Hang in there with us...you know the drill, and you know we are here for you.

I really came close to drinking something last night. I wasn't in the mood for a beer, which is all we had in the house.

TB-take care of you!
Old 10-17-2009, 05:09 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Well...I go to the grocery store, I have my little list, just a shopping..when, I pass the wine..hmm...a little Pinot, mixed with some mineral water and a twist of lime, oh yeah, I can do that. Light, not full strength, blah, blah, blah. In the cart it goes.

As I am finishing up..I look at the wine, and thought...why would I drink? I am in a good mood, I am having a productive day...why?

To say nothing of the fact that my hubby would probably look at me like I had two heads.

So, I put it back. Instead I bought some whipped cream to top my dessert tea I bought.

When I walked out to the car..I looked up and saw the most amazing sunset, just breath taking.

I felt as though God had put it there, just for me, to reinforce my choice...
Old 10-17-2009, 06:40 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Went to the meeting as promised. They still like me.

I got more numbers, and maybe I'll try another one closer to home tomorrow--I was going to try tonight, but I'm just too tired. I was falling asleep all day long.

Night y'all...

TB
Old 10-17-2009, 10:19 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Good job on the meeting today, TB. I'm proud of you!!!

I went to my meeting today and it was great. I got lots of phone numbers as well (all women). The men were nice as well - they just don't give out phone numbers. (Protocol, I guess.) They were extremely nice and welcoming. Three of the women were around my age and totally understood exactly what I've been through. Another one was 18 years old, but really sweet and has been sober for two years.

I must say that AA is a very welcoming place. For any of you on the fence about giving it a try, I would say it's probably going to be a positive experience if you do.

Good night!
Old 10-18-2009, 04:02 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

It will be day 70 for me tomorrow. It does get easier.
well done box!

Went to the meeting as promised. They still like me.
Yay TB... keep going it sounds very positive!!

((((zebra))))) just remember yesterday is finished TODAY is the day not to drink

When I walked out to the car..I looked up and saw the most amazing sunset, just breath taking.

I felt as though God had put it there, just for me, to reinforce my choice

rewarding your good choice.. thats great.. i feel someone looking after me at time, reinforcing my good decisions feels nice

must say that AA is a very welcoming place. For any of you on the fence about giving it a try, I would say it's probably going to be a positive experience if you do.

i'm so glad you have found it a welcoming place TJ, i really look forward to mine now...

how are the MIA's... breakfree? biddy. beckles ??/ where are you???
Old 10-18-2009, 04:04 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Good Morning classmates.
((OB,)) great job on those sober days, I know U have been struggling. Yes, I do miss the ocean. When I lived on the East coast, we had a summer home on the beach, just 2 blocks away. Now, I have 2 drive 3.5 hours to reach the closest one. R U close to the sea?
((Zebra)) sorry about the relapse, now get back on the wagon. :-) Lots of support here. Hey, is the purple van in the shop, new transmission needed or what; when R we all going to continue our trip?
((Anew..,)) U were very close. Such willpower that U have. I know that if it was in my shopping cart, it would of been down my throat soon after. It is funny how those drinking thoughts creep up. Was out to dinner Friday night with hubby and friends and heard lots of laughter, and saw the waiter bringing a large tray with so many different, cold/cool drinks to that table and thought, hmm, that looks good. Wow, I hated that in me, felt deprived.
((TJ and Thiry)) Very good job 2 both of U on going to an AA meeting. great support there. Haven't been 2 one in a couple of weeks but doing well, still sober. I go when I feel very weak.
((Box)) Hope yr tooth/teeth problems do go away soon.
((KC1)) Hope U R feeling better soon and glad 2 see U R spending time with friends.
Nothing new here. No plans today, except 2 finish 2 strings of pumpkins to hang on the front door, then to scrub down the patio 4 and up coming party that we R hosting 4 Halloween. There will B lots of music and booze 2. Kinda worried, but when I had over 5 years sober, I did fine.
Hope all R doing well.
MIA check in.
Stay strong everyone.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:23 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Meow

Hi everyone.

(((zebra)))

Busy weekend for me. A couple of hockey games and a wedding. Beautiful wedding - the bride is one of the sweetest people I know. She's a second (?) cousin (her dad and my mom are cousins). Got to get the patio furniture put up for winter - don't think we'll be using it any more, not that we used it much this non-summer anyways.

Hope all stay strong and have a great rest of the weekend!

PS - good for you, Bubba. :-) You too, TJ.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:56 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
KC1

KC checking in on Sunday morning. Slept for 15 hours last night! The only thing I had to drink was WATER. Got all of my blood work back and my white blood cell count is elevated. Means my body is fighting an allergy or some kind of infection. Guess the doc will put me back on anti-biotics. My back still hurts but not as bad. The ice/hot thing every few hours seems to be helping.
Hanging around the house today for the most part - going to Trader Joe's to pick up something for dinner as hubby is going out to watch football. Bringing in the houseplants that are outside, getting the winter clothes out, etc. Boring but necessary stuff like that. Yuck. I hate winter.
Off to get more coffee for now.....will check in later on.

KC