Notices

Living in Sobriety - Part 19

Old 10-11-2009, 11:10 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

(((Least))) Hope your walk with the doggies was fun. I know that always cheers you up. Beautiful here, too, but have to get stuff done inside first.

Ro -- will we get to see the pix of your guy at the park? Could you see your breath? Have to check in with my daughter to see what the weather's like in her neck of the woods. From what I understand it gets mighty cold there especially because of the wind.

Other daughter played better in the second half of her game and swears her goal that got called back didn't go over the end line. I was trying to watch the game online, but somehow I missed that one! I'm telling you -- these old eyes and attention span aren't what they used to be!

Liz -- thanks! Ummm. I'm the one with the brain freeze for not thanking you below. I DID notice, though. Really! lol Again -- old age.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:16 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Oh boy, Stone. Sounds like someone got a hold of your account information. My husband's identity was stolen several years ago and someone kept buying stuff online. They had our address, his social security number (major ID here in the States), birthday -- you name it. Applied for and was approved for all sorts of credit which he used to make the purchases. This sounds like it's your bank info though.

Is there a number you can call to put your account on hold temporarily -- or set up a fraud alert? I'd also give that YarTools a call too, and ask them if they can give you any information.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:18 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Can you do some investigating???? How would they access your bank acct? Not a good thing...

I know you have more important things on your mind, Bro,...but given you have an ASUS...There are 3 little lights beneath the touch pad, each with a little (really hard to see) imprinted thing. The light in the middle is red (I've never NOTICED the lights beng anything but green) and the little thingy above it looks like a box (or battery) with a jagged line through it??!! Hard to tell, though. Meanwhile, the battery icon on the task bar is green and the bloody thing is plugged in (not on battery power) anyway! Any clue? Needless to say, I wouldn't bother you except I don't have the manual here and have no clue if this is a problem I need to attend to....

Thank you, for being such a sweetie!

NEVER MIND....maybe...it's def the battery light. If I unplug the laptop, it goes out, but back on (red) once it's plugged back in??? But it's not using the battery...I'm def dense....
Old 10-11-2009, 11:36 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Stone I hope you put in a fraud claim right away, the sooner the better. Check out the name though it might be another name you brought something from, if not report it. Good luck Honey.

By the way Liz, congrat's on your 41 days sober not sure if I said that earlier, I apologize if I didn't Well done!!!!!!

I can't keep up with this thread anymore, egad......heck I didn't even know no one but the Americans celebrate Thanksgiving in November Hey I was messed up in high school and I don't remember anything but the Nuns in grammar school.

Lis, can't help you with the laptop lights.

I ran out for awhile and met my sponsor and another friend for coffee, now I'm back finishing my laundry.

It is a gorgeous day here in Jersey, sunny and about 65. I wish my son would show his face here so I could get him to mow the lawn, yes I'm back with the lawn again. I got to think of a consequence if he doesn't do it and that's hard when they're 23. I will come up with one though.

I might go to a meeting tonight.

If I forgot to say hi to anyone here, please forgive me.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:38 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Not only did we just have a great long walk (nearly a mile) but I am SO GRATEFUL that I am alive and healthy and ABLE to walk my dogs.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:34 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hope you reported the fraud by now, Stone. That bites!

We are going to eat the turnips soon, Lis. I'll let you know how they taste!

Hey Liz what games are you watching online that your daughter plays in? How cool that you can even do that! Wow!

My sister is uploading pics as we speak - I'll see about posting one of Shadow on here shortly. I couldn't see my breath today, it was the wind that was so cold - you heard right.

Hey Susan I hear a lot of gratitude from you today - that sounds like a nice walk you had.

Hey Bee I am so glad this cold weather is here only because it gives me a reprieve from the lawn cutting. That being said, my lawn guy does snow removal in the winter and asked me to sign on with him for the winter. It's $400! It's a lot of money, but I have a big driveway, and my back gets really sore having to shovel twice a day. I have to give him an answer within the next day or so - and can't make up my mind. I feel like I have no right to be spending the money on such a 'luxury'.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:44 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Damn that's a rough one Ro, I will probably be facing the same thing though.

I will just pray for a mild winter, lol.

Not sure those prayers will work, but I'm gonna have to try.

I did alot of shoveling with my daughter last year,

my x has snow plow trucks, maybe he will come and plow

so at least we can get to work, probably won't though

because the papers will have been served by then.

Oh well, I'm back to the praying.

I just typed this whole thing and because of this cursor thing,

I pressed backspace and the whole thing disappeared.

Oh well, I was moaning anyway, so I shouldn't be moaning.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:45 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Here's a pic of me and my addict Shadow taken this morning.

Old 10-11-2009, 12:48 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Nice picture Ro.

Cute jacket on the addict Ro.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:58 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Thanks. He gets cold easily.
Old 10-11-2009, 01:01 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

My beagirl has a winter coat that makes her look like she's wearing a toaster cover!

Old 10-11-2009, 01:03 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

SO incredibly adorable, Lynn!

Was going to try and post a pic of me and my two goldens, but don't know how. When I press the picture icon above, it says to type a URL? I'm only familiar with uploading pictures -- jpeg files -- like in FB.

I think I'd go for the help with clearing the driveway, too, especially because of your back.

And Bee -- I'll pray for you too. Hopefully all this bad stuff will pass you by more quickly than you expect. Just listened to a book on tape in the car yesterday about using creative visualization, and one of the things that stuck with me was that positive energy breeds more positive energy... what goes around comes around, and you're doing so many positive things right now that I can't help but think that better things will come your way.
Old 10-11-2009, 01:14 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Least --- Awwwwwww.
Old 10-11-2009, 01:19 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

thinking of trying some yoga. Been "thinking" of it for a long time, so maybe it's time to put it into action.
YeH....... I am getting back to exercise tomorrow also, I have been thinking too but time for real action!!

Ro lovely picture the addict looks real cool in his jacket!! wise head looking at the camera, bet he would buy and sell you! enjoy your dinner with your family, your evening sound lovely.

Stone I hope you got that sorted, Maybe just a mistake. If someone were going to rob you I am sure they would take more than 15quid. but I quess you never know.

I am just back from a nice dinner with family. I will probably try and get to bed at a decent hour tonight, so I wll be feeling refreshed enough to get back to exercising tomorrow.
Old 10-11-2009, 01:25 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Thanks Liz,

You are right positivity breeds more positivity.

Actually that is why this thread was started.
Old 10-11-2009, 01:32 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Hi bee
Old 10-11-2009, 01:35 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Hi Nel , I miss you girlfriend
Old 10-11-2009, 01:39 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Peeps!

Hi to all...

Cute doggies in coats...cute Ro Ro too!

Bee and I have been having fun on the Newbie Bus... lol.

Stoney...internet robbery, I say! Hope it gets sorted out too, hun.

15 pounds? What is that, about 25.00 dollars or so?

Liz...congrats on 41 days! :

I'll be around for a bit..
Old 10-11-2009, 01:40 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

OK. That's it then. Guess I'm going to the gym tomorrow one way or the other. You with me then, Nel?

Let's BEE positive and put our words into action.

Thanks, IO! :-) (Added on, 'cause you we were posting at the same time.) It's good to see you
Old 10-11-2009, 01:40 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Nelcs!!!!!