Notices

Living in Sobriety - Part 19

Old 10-11-2009, 06:48 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

That is something I would do, Bee. NO WONDER you went back to bed!
Old 10-11-2009, 06:50 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Double whew, Nel.....

OK, Zip.....we obviously need a Zip-English/Engish-Zip dictionary!

How are you doing today, honey???
Old 10-11-2009, 06:51 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Good morning all --

Stone, Rusty, Nelcs.... Thanks for the kind words re: the 40 days. 41 today and need to go post over on the "Not gonna..." thread. Nelco, it's the "better and better" I'm focusing on at this point. I've gotten this far and further before and have eventually given in to the I'm-in-control-now-so-the-occasional-drink-every-once-in-a-while thinking. Have to keep in mind that I've made a committment for the reasons I listed on a thread a started at the beginning of this particular journey.

Mmmmmm Scoob. That's A lotta pies!!!! Have to go back and find out who gets to eat all of them! They all for tomorrow's Thanksgiving celebration?

All the cooking talk 'round here lately has my taste buds in overdrive. It's not Thanksgiving here, but I'm inspired now to get out my cookbooks and surprise my husband and son with a fabu meal after their long drive.

Bee -- glad you had a good night, but sorry you couldn't sleep. I'm surprised I could, actually! lol Had a very tasty but strong cup of colombian coffee after dinner last night -- around 9:30pm, and I'm typically W I R E D whenever I do that. That scan message is definitely a hoax. Don't you hate when you get those things?

Well - woke up to no doggie food and no coffee. Was away and my husband forgot to tell me we were out of both. Not too sure which I'm more bummed about. Hahaha. Guess I've got to run out now anyway.

I'll peek in again later.

Enjoy your mornings!
Old 10-11-2009, 06:58 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HideorSeek View Post
I have an ASUS and it happens here or while I'm typing an email, but randomly. So I have to keep an eye on the cursor or I have to go back, delete, move the cursor BACK to the end of the sentence, etc. Don't laugh, but, given we are on an island, would the internet connection vary?

Speaking of denseness, a friend here told me he was asked "Is the island completely surrounded by water?" At least I'm not THAT bad...Heehee

I have an Asus tooooo! lol

Internet connectivity would not have any influence while writing an email, does it happen if you use "notepad" or any other software not internet related, Microsoft Office for example? If so then I reckon it is the keypad, if not then try another email client.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:59 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NewLeaf View Post
eventually given in to the I'm-in-control-now-so-the-occasional-drink-every-once-in-a-while thinking. Have to keep in mind that I've made a committment

Me too, that is the downfall for a lot of people I reckon.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:10 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

We are DEFINITELY related! But no, really the only things I've done on this laptop involving typing, are emails and posting???!!!! The strange thing is that it started happening a couple of days ago. B4 that, it was fine. But hubby's computer can do the same thing (not an ASUS). I figured that it was something I hit by mistake.....

What's the prognosis, Dr?????

TY, BTW for helping me with this <3
Old 10-11-2009, 07:20 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Lis that happens to me all the time, its because where I click to start typing the cursor stays there and if it happens to be where a word is, it just inserts whatever I start typing. When I click my cursor to start typing I have to just move the mouse to an empty spot past where I am typing and then it doesn't happen.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:52 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
let it grow!

bee - the tort soup was YUMMY!

a real heavy frost last night, so the garden is finished. thank goodness i had brought in all the things i want to save. we usually have a few more weeks before that much frost, so a lot of folks will have been caught off guard last night. it's just all about cleaning up now, and raking.

i don't have a good plan today - lol! mr k is sleeping, he was up late last night, so i think he's gonna be lazy. that's ok.

Old 10-11-2009, 07:58 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

hello Bee and K.

does anyone know boyzone. You do stone....did you hear the news

Boyzone singer Stephen Gately has died suddenly while on holiday in Majorca. He was 33.

Spanish police investigating the death said there were 'no signs of suspicious circumstances'.

Originally from Sheriff Street, in the heart of Dublin city, Stephen Gately joined Boyzone in 1993 after answering a newspaper advertisement.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:21 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Believe808 View Post
Lis that happens to me all the time, its because where I click to start typing the cursor stays there and if it happens to be where a word is, it just inserts whatever I start typing. When I click my cursor to start typing I have to just move the mouse to an empty spot past where I am typing and then it doesn't happen.
Brilliant Bee! I will try that! Thanks, sweets!

Hi PR, you Julia Child, you!!!!
Old 10-11-2009, 08:24 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Glad the soup was good K YAY

Nel, never heard of him before you mentioned him. Why do we keep missing each other,

Doing laundry, been on the phone with my sponsor, she is having a bad day, glad we are able to be here for each other.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:26 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

That other thread Living something Sobriety keeps confusing me with this thread, I get confused pretty easy as you can see
Old 10-11-2009, 09:12 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
let it grow!

only gonna be 43 degrees today, so i'm not doing yard work. got a lot of laundry tho and i'm cleaning my stove. it's self clean, but you DO have to wipe those pesty racks.

no cooking today - leftover soup and maybe a grilled cheese or blt for supper. blt sounds better, but cheese is easier. pretty bad when you're too lazy to even fry bacon.

hey bee - i used the diced toms in the soup, and it was fine. i love the broth of that soup ... really good and such a pretty color. we dunked toasted garlic bread in it - excellent!
Old 10-11-2009, 09:49 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nelco View Post
hello Bee and K.

does anyone know boyzone. You do stone....did you hear the news

I did, I was shocked.

I wonder what happened, it is usually suicide when someone dies so young and the Police say "no suspicious circumstances".
Old 10-11-2009, 09:49 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Still haven't gotten the coffee OR the dog food. Realized I wouldn't have enough time to get back to watch daughter play online. They're up 4-0 at 2nd half and she got some good time in before they started wholesale subbing.

Not in the best of moods today, so need to change that. Probably because I'm tired.

All this cooking talk. Hmmm. Maybe I'll pick up the fixing for some soup, too, PR. Something with a lot of veggies to cut up. Sometimes concentrating on chopping those with good music in the background makes me feel better. Kind of therapeutic.

Ro -- I think I need to follow your lead and exercise more. Glad you did well on the physical part of your test. Keeping fingers and toes crossed the second part is really good too! You work so hard at everything, ya know?

Glad last night's meeting was good, Bee, but sorry you didn't get more sleep! And I've gotten that stupid virus scan message, too. Still trying to figure out what type of site(s) cause it, because my husband and a co-worker have gotten it as well.

Stone -- your pictures are great, and I certainly hope you keep your camera in your car so that you can take pictures to document upcoming adventures -- even when you get lost! lol

Hi Nelcs, Rusty and Gyps! Gypsy -- thinking of trying some yoga. Been "thinking" of it for a long time, so maybe it's time to put it into action.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:04 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Finally got on here. Good morning/afternoon everyone. Daughter and I were up early and drove to my sisters. We took all the kids and one of the dogs (Shadow, the addict) to a local park for some photos. It's bloody cold out there and a neighbouring town got snow today! It won't be long before we are hit, too.

My parents will be here soon, and we will sit down to a nice dinner. Sister and I are stretched out on couches in her living room with our laptops.

Lis, my laptop does that jump thing too with the cursor. I didn't quite understand Bee's response - I'll have to re-read it. I have a Dell laptop, and it only occasionally does it - but still, it bugs me. I thought it had something to do with the touchpad, but I guess that wouldn't make sense.

Liz - awesome job on 41 days!
Old 10-11-2009, 10:17 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

A beautiful sunny day - a good day to give the dogs a nice long walk.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:55 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hiya Liz ....congrats, BTW...I think I already said that. Brain freeze, AGAIN!

And Hiya to you, Least!

Ro...happy Thanksgiving! I decided to put off the turnips...mine are looking sorta tired and if I'm going to go to the effort...I want it to be worth it. Do tell me what you think of yours, though..that might propel me into action. You are so funny..."Shadow...the addict"....I laugh every time you mention him!
Old 10-11-2009, 10:55 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Thanks Liz.

Ro.

Least
Old 10-11-2009, 11:08 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

There is £15 gone from my bank account, payment to YarTools I have not bought anything from there......