Notices

Living in Sobriety - Part 18

Old 10-05-2009, 04:25 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Hi Bo

Stone, if you want to talk, I got dressed and have some time before I leave, skype?
Old 10-05-2009, 04:25 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. Yes Nelcs, it is bright here.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:43 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Good Morning LISers

Stoney.........I'm sorry you aren't feeling well but I am very glad your not drinking. i remember many times when you couldn't get through these dark places without drinking. I proud of you bubba!

I hope you all have a great day. Bee, I am also grateful not to be in rehab. I am getting close to 1000 days clean and sober. Amazing!! I never thought I could do it.

My root canal is scheduled this week. I'm going to try to move it up to tomorrow so I can quit thinking about it.

Happy Monday! :bounce Off to class..... I sure wish you could all come get facials! Think of the fun we would have!
Old 10-05-2009, 04:44 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

have a great day Tan. Im off too bye.........
Old 10-05-2009, 04:58 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks Tan.

Donna, thanks for the offer but I don't feel like talking right now. You are very sweet to offer though. It means a lot.

I wont be drinking today.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:06 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

I sure wish you could all come get facials! Think of the fun we would have!
We sure would

Have a great day everyone, I'm off to work, heigh ho, heigh ho, its off to work I go!!

My computer is giving me problems today

Meeting tonight for me, second part of Step 12. Carrying the message that was given so freely to me.

Love all of you, hope you all have blessed days. Stoney, go in the sunlight and Thank God for it, honey.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:38 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

night everyone.. went to BB meeting was good... got the 12 steps book

not sure when i'll be able to catch up properly on all posts.. but i will!!

take care all
Old 10-05-2009, 06:03 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Well, this thread sure has a life of it's own, that's for sure! Has anyone ever noticed how many "views" we have had? It's pretty amazing...and a good reminder of how one can grow in recovery. Each of us has our ups and downs, but we can share those feelings and the group gets us through. Again, amazing. I don't know what I would do without you, that's for sure.

Bro...chronic pain....there must be something that can be done...we put people on the moon, for God's sake. I'm not suggesting that you haven't examined all avenues, I'm just sharing your frustration.

Hiya everyone!!!!! I think my brain has reached the critical mass where I am afraid to try to mention everyone, by name, becasue I KNOW I will forget someone and wouldn't want to hurt anyone by omission. Suffice it to say that our little group has become an integral part of my life. I would no more not log on, first thing, in the a.m., than forget to get dressed! I've said it b4 and I will say it a million more times....Thank you for being part of my life.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:06 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Hi Kate & Lis, yes this thread has a life of its own and a sober one too. Forgive me if I get real names wrong, my old brain fails me sometimes, lol. So if I call you by the wrong name, just go with it and appease an old woman
Old 10-05-2009, 06:08 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Smoochies, Bee.....BTW, how is the MOM???? (...never got to ask you that the other day...)
Old 10-05-2009, 06:15 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

how is the MOM????
What mom?
Old 10-05-2009, 06:21 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i'm cranky. my mom in law, aunt, sister in law, and cousin in law all teamed up and rejected my holiday baking idea. they think it's too much work for the amount of profit..

this from a bunch of folks who have slices of store bought cakes still in their freezers from last easter.. we'll being visiting THOSE again on thanksgiving!

:rotfxko

i was hoping they would promote it with some of their friend groups, etc. without them, i don't have many folks to market to. i might have to come up with another holiday money scheme..hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 10-05-2009, 06:29 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

That stinks. Slices of cake in freezer, my MIL is the same. Must be MIL's. I hope I never get like that.

If you come up with any other ideas please let me know, trying to come up with one myself I have my daughters 21st birthday coming up end of month, but it will have to be without any gifts. S*cks, really does but at least she has a sober mom who can pick her up that night should she go out to celebrate turning 21.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:55 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! (I am still learning everyones' names also)

I decided a few weeks ago to take this day off as my first day home alone with no alcohol! I plan to enjoy my day, taking my time to get some stuff done around the house and also to savor moments alone.

Unfortunately my husband is pizzy about it and wanted to stay home too, but I asked him not too. He left in a huff. He does not seem to understand that I
time alone every once in a while. I am not sure if I am being selfish or not. I will definitely talk to my sponsor about it.

I guess he needs to be on my gratitude list today.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:56 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i'm thinking about just making up a business card to help folks with ANYTHING - rides, grocery shopping, organizing, meals, etc. and catering to all the old rich people around here.

but i'm not sure if there's enough cash on the planet to make that something i could do without going insane .. plus, they have money because they're tight, and i would not do it for less than $15 an hour.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:57 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
let it grow!

Originally Posted by bananagrrrl View Post
Hey everyone! (I am still learning everyones' names also)

I decided a few weeks ago to take this day off as my first day home alone with no alcohol! I plan to enjoy my day, taking my time to get some stuff done around the house and also to savor moments alone.

Unfortunately my husband is pizzy about it and wanted to stay home too, but I asked him not too. He left in a huff. He does not seem to understand that I
time alone every once in a while. I am not sure if I am being selfish or not. I will definitely talk to my sponsor about it.

I guess he needs to be on my gratitude list today.
so what's your plan for the day?

be patient with your hubby, hun - he's prolly just feeling a bit fearful, and it's coming out in different ways..
Old 10-05-2009, 07:18 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

I plan to enjoy my day, taking my time to get some stuff done around the house and also to savor moments alone.
good for you nana, but like K said, be patient with hubby.

So tell us, do you have anything specific in mind on how "we" are going to spend "your" day, lol.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:35 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Thanks Bee and Parent.

Well, I am on my second pot of coffee! I am going to clean and do some laundry, maybe watch a movie, post and read on here and work on my BB study. I have my first major meeting with my sponsor this Saturday to do step one.

She gave me worksheets to fill out on step one so I am going to finish those and think on them for a while.

I will be patient with my husband. I guess he must be scared.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:21 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hi guys. Long time no see again.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:24 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Originally Posted by bananagrrrl View Post
Thanks Bee and Parent.

Well, I am on my second pot of coffee! I am going to clean and do some laundry, maybe watch a movie, post and read on here and work on my BB study. I have my first major meeting with my sponsor this Saturday to do step one.

She gave me worksheets to fill out on step one so I am going to finish those and think on them for a while.

I will be patient with my husband. I guess he must be scared.
Sounds like a good plan to me That's great about meeting with your sponsor and starting your Steps is huge, that's when I starting seeing a real diffence in my sobriety. Good for you nan.

I don't like calling you nan or nana if that's not your name.