SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Living in Sobriety Part 17 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/185415-living-sobriety-part-17-a.html)

scoob 09-30-2009 06:11 AM

That'll teach me for scrolling through the threads, that squid scared the %@#$ out of me.

Here are my monkeys

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../exmascard.jpg

nelco 09-30-2009 06:14 AM

hiya marlee......that is a beautiful picture and a very good looking family you have there!!

stone 09-30-2009 06:16 AM

You are welcome Louis. :)

These are my fave gang......

stone 09-30-2009 06:16 AM

Cute kids, Scooble. :)

stone 09-30-2009 06:19 AM

nelco 09-30-2009 06:20 AM

oh God stone that one is so funny. feckin eejits!!

stone 09-30-2009 06:22 AM

And the all time classic.

Rowan 09-30-2009 06:30 AM

I can't see anything you guys are posting. I can see Marlee's family, though. Beautiful, you must be very proud.

stone 09-30-2009 06:39 AM

Hi Ro, how are your aches and pains?

HideorSeek 09-30-2009 06:43 AM

Mornin' kids!

Kate, thanks for the answer about nursing (6 PAGES ago, but only a half day...). Ugh, 4 1/2 hours???? That's insane or incredibly dedicated. No wonder you got a room! About the feelings...I wish I could remember who, but someone posted a pithy comment about life being like a medical heartbeat thingy...going up and down, with little blips, etc. The alternative??? Flatlining...I've butchered this but I think the point is that life does go up and down, maybe we are more aware of it sober...or maybe drinking made us think that there weren't bumps and lumps. Then again, I think that there are "phases" in sobriety. I like to think of my HP giving me gifts and then some resting time and challenges, then some resting time. Does that make sense?

And Louis, for years I wandered in AA, intentionally. If I'm honest, I didn't want people too close...same with my old sponsor. I'd leave a message (routine, daily mandatory call), but not ask her to call back. It was very hard for me to join a HG because it meant that I was commited, and I didn't want to be commited...I didn't want people to know me. But when I finally came "clean" this summer, it was such a relief to know that they knew me and still liked me, becasue it was all about fear, in my case. But, this is just ME and MY experience. I did "shop around" for quite some time to find groups that I liked, though, and that was different.

Hiya Nelsie, Zip, Bee, Ro, Ken and Marlee (cute kids!)...

Back later.....smooches to all....:scoregood

louis 09-30-2009 07:03 AM

HOS

Yeah i will get a home group (probably)... im pretty settleed in what i am doing just now and am sober so i dont see it will make a difference just now... thanks though for sharing.. i admit like you said to not letting people too close..

Stone/Nelco: If these vids carry on much longer i think i will ha ve a whole nights tv veiwing without having to leave my room :) Thanks

Believe: Hope you are having/had a good day at work

Rowan 09-30-2009 07:06 AM

Thanks for asking, Stone. Back pain has moved into hip and leg. Going to a chiropractor this morning to get cracked - I don't usually do this but I can't afford any physical setbacks just now. How's your M.E.?

Believe808 09-30-2009 07:09 AM

:wavey: I'm here, but not taking a chance watching those videos here, I will watch them when I get home.

Marlee, your children are beautiful. God sure has blessed us.

HideorSeek 09-30-2009 07:17 AM

I KNOW, louis and Bee, I'm saving the vids...otherwise I'd be here all day!

scoob 09-30-2009 08:03 AM

Thanks I think they're pretty cute too ... when they're quiet. LOL

DD is home sick today. The little one wanted to go to preschool so I fed him some cough medicine.

Does anyone watch the Biggest Loser? I'm watching it this season as an insipriation to lose weight. I don't really see why they drag it out to a two hour show, but i'm hooked. I had a nice cry over it last night lol.

Believe808 09-30-2009 08:11 AM

No, I don't watch it, but I think you got Ro hooked.

stone 09-30-2009 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Rowan (Post 2384592)
Thanks for asking, Stone. Back pain has moved into hip and leg. Going to a chiropractor this morning to get cracked - I don't usually do this but I can't afford any physical setbacks just now. How's your M.E.?

I hope the Chiro sorts it for you. :)

The M.E. is slightly better today....it varies day to day. I just went for a walk for Ken.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3450/...35e7450c_o.jpg

I need a better lens! lol

HideorSeek 09-30-2009 09:07 AM

Uh oh, Bro...now the lensititis is rearing it's head! LOL

KenL 09-30-2009 09:14 AM

Yaaaayyy!!! Stoney, I love the pic of the duck!! More.....more Stoney.....more......more pics!!!

Ok, I have a mission for you Stoney. Go out and find the oddest looking thing you can see and take a pic of it for us. Then post it here. And I don't want any pics of your feet! :)

KenL 09-30-2009 09:17 AM

Marlee, I don't watch the biggest loser......I live it. :)