Notices

Living in Sobriety Part 17

Old 10-04-2009, 01:11 PM
  # 501 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

louis.......congrats....I also know what it feels like to get things that are bugging you out of the way. FREEDOM, PEACE OF MIND!!!
Old 10-04-2009, 01:11 PM
  # 502 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Old 10-04-2009, 01:16 PM
  # 503 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Nelcs :

I must be feeling better...just posted a funny on Whiner's...my wicked sense of

humour saves me a lot.

Long live Rule 62!
Old 10-04-2009, 01:18 PM
  # 504 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

lol io...
Old 10-04-2009, 01:24 PM
  # 505 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Nel those videos are cute thanks
Old 10-04-2009, 01:49 PM
  # 506 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Agreed!

Going shopping now...

IO over, and out..

Later's lovies...
Old 10-04-2009, 02:54 PM
  # 507 (permalink)  

wow... miss one day... is monday morning here.. so i have no chance of catching up before work.. so i'll just say a quick hello... hope all is well with everyone...

all is well with me.. and i'll catch up properly later

bye
Old 10-04-2009, 03:54 PM
  # 508 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

I'm back, went to a meeting. I passed a church on my way and the sign in front of it read "What you sow you also reap." I needed to see that tonight, so I got what I needed to hear even before the meeting.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:14 PM
  # 509 (permalink)  

Hi everyone just in from a movie saw Whip It with two gal pals from the rooms. It's a Drew Barrymore movie she directed it; it's about the roller derby it was light yet had it's poignant scenes I enjoyed it quite a lot.

Laundry, cleaned the bathroom, now for my run. I told myself I would wait until it's dark - and it's dark. Sigh .. sorry to complain but after a bag of buttery popcorn I'm feeling less motivated than usual.

Hey Louis great job getting caught up with uni assignments that must feel awesome!

Hiya Sis glad you're feeling better and as has been suggested, take good care of you while you're being there for your Ma - you don't want to get sick again.

Hi Kate, Nelcs, Stone, Ken, Lis. Hi everyone!
Old 10-04-2009, 04:16 PM
  # 510 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Hey Louis, Hiya Sis, Hi Kate, Nelcs, Stone, Ken, Lis. Hi everyone

Old 10-04-2009, 05:27 PM
  # 511 (permalink)  

Bee, I think you need a new career.."emoticon developer"...LOL

I'm glad everyone is doing well. I'm sorta bushed tonight, so I have been thanking, but not posting. Nothing's wrong..just pleasantly tired. I'm going to curl up with my journal and my book and will probably be asleep sooner rather than later.

Love to you all and will be bright eyed and bushy tailed in the a.m....

Old 10-04-2009, 06:29 PM
  # 512 (permalink)  

Old 10-04-2009, 06:41 PM
  # 513 (permalink)  

Aw Bee, sorry for not mentioning you specifically. I always assume you know I'm thinking of ya. Sorry, pal.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:52 PM
  # 514 (permalink)  

Hello all -- Night time here and just about ready to hit the sack. Had "promised" myself I'd start getting to bed around 10 to avoid being so tired every day, but I wanted to check in here and read a bit. It's now 11:45... Oh well!

Glad you're feeling better Sher and I agree with Bee that you need to take care of yourself. Still praying for your mom. She is one strong lady, and I think she's so blessed to have a sober you by her side.

Bee -- you can live life vicariously through me if you want. Daughter did well and her team won! She's playing D1 soccer now, so unless she decides to play in the WPS after college I've got four more years to watch!

Ken -- loved both the poem and the video. Found it relaxing and it was a nice way to spend the 10 minutes. Thanks!

Ro -- sooo happy you had a good day. Is it safe to run alone in the dark there? Kind of sketchy around here... How was Whip It? I've seen a few pieces on t.v. and it looks interesting. Love Drew Barrymore... she seems like a genuinely good person on top of being very talented.

'night Rusty and Lis. Sweet dreams!

Hi Anono, Stoney! Feel better Scoob, and way to go Nels for getting stuff done!!!! If only I could be so productive.

Before I go just wanted to share... Towards the end of the three hour drive back from the game, I had fleeting thoughts of getting home and having a vodka martini. Straight up with olives.

Then I thought wow it would be nice.

It would feel good.

... and asked myself if it was really worth it.

And the answer was "no!" Too funny. I surprised myself and this is a very, very good thing.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:40 AM
  # 515 (permalink)  

hi all... another 'quick post'... i'm going to lots of meetings!! and yoga.. will catch up soon \
miss spending time here but i think the meetings are very important to me atm

Old 10-05-2009, 12:48 AM
  # 516 (permalink)  
Enjoying Sobriety

Wow! In what, 24 hours, you guys do alot of posting. It takes me a while to catch up! Ken---SacredHead, that's hilarious! I am far from any angel, though. Thanks for the Desiderata, I have never read that before, it is very cool. I had to print it off for myself.
Ro---Let Go and Let God, that is one of my most favorite sayings these days and I have to tell myself that often!
Bee---Thanks for reminding me It Will Pass. I've been very sad lately, lots of small reasons, but I keep telling myself: "Just don't drink and you have a chance for it to get better." I know what you mean about God provides, I should have lost my house a long time ago. I can't explain how I come up with a mortgage payment every month, but I do. I am working, but I make only about 1/2 of what I used to (this economy really sucks!) Anyway, God does provide or else I would be homeless, I know that!
Nelco---Hilarious video, thanks for the giggle, I really needed that!
Anono---I was just thinking how hard it is to catch up and you said you would later. What will I do when I am off work for a few days? It will take hours to catch up.
Hide---If it weren't for you all, and my other friends in recovery, I would not have made this far. Talking to others in recovery has saved my hiney many, many times.
New---I am so glad you mentioned thinking of drinking and even happier you didn't do it. The reason I'm glad you mentioned it is I don't want to tell people it comes my mind, too. It kind of scares me that I think: "I'll just get one bottle, no one will know and I will feel better and I will sleep really good today, etc..." When I know in my heart it won't be just one, it isn't sleep (it's passing out) and it doesn't matter if others know or not (I will know!). So, Thanks, for letting me know I'm not the only one and maybe it's not because I'm crazy.
Hope I didn't leave anyone out.....(((((Rusty)))))))))) almost forgot ya', but I didn't.
Well, it's another long, lonely, night at the hotel. Gotta' do this stupid audit and the money isn't matching up. That's OK, I'll figure it out.......eventually. It is pouring rain right now and kinda' cool, too. The good thing about that is.....it makes for some really good sleep when I get out of here in the a.m.

Here's wishing you all a wonderful, fantastic, awesome, delightful day!

OK, OK, I know, you can tell I need sleep---I've only got about four more hours to go!

Oh, did I tell you all how grateful I am to have you to turn to in the middle of the night?
No?
Well, I am! And yall crack me up with the emoticons!

Old 10-05-2009, 12:50 AM
  # 517 (permalink)  
Administrator

New part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-18-a.html

D