Notices

Living in Sobriety Part 17

Old 10-02-2009, 02:05 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Wow, very quiet today. Just got back from a meeting, I shared about my drinking dreams, everyone could relate, lol.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:07 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Believe808 View Post
I guess it just goes to show you that God has our lives planned from the moment of birth right up to our deaths.

I disagree with that.

Originally Posted by Believe808 View Post
Taking the action and then just letting everything fall into place is a good thing.

I very much agree with that.

Hi Donna.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:17 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Ah, predestination vs free will..a head banger for sure. But I make peace with it by thinking that God gives us many capabilities, strengths and weaknesses. It is ourchoice whether or not to be in tune with our higher selves, our pure selves. If we can do that, to the best of our ability, then we are in sync and can let go. That's what works for me, at least.

So it has been fun "making the rounds" here (by that I mean going to the market, etc) and running into old friends. At least for us, it is such a pleasure to not be able to go a "block" (no such thing here) without running into someone, or having them toot as they drive by. In addition to the nationalities I mentioned, there are loads of Canadians, British, Irish, Czech, South Africans...all on a little spit 25 miles long by maybe 4 miles wide (with not a single traffic light)!

I just love it here. Can you tell????
Old 10-02-2009, 02:25 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

I'd love to get that commission Lis. Thing is I don't do dental stuff, just orthodontic stuff. What I could put together wouldn't look as nice as those regular dental lab peeps make.

Nellie - I do a lot of do it yourself stuff. Here's a link to some pics of what I've been doing in my dining area. I took out old linoleum and there was hardwood floors under it. I refinished them and they look great. No pics of the linoleum though. And it's funny but I think it was Ro who said something about whiskers scratching up the floor. The other day I was cleaning up under the dishwasher and was so tired that I just shut my eyes and took a nap right there. No scratches on the linoleum, thankfully. I can say that I'm not too happy with the matte finish. Next time it's gonna be glossy. Live and learn.

Kids are well and today we're gonna set up the Halloween decorations in the house. Do some grilling out tonight even though it's rainy and fall like weather. I even grill during the winter.

Sorry to hear about the bum legs, Ro and Bee.

Rusty, see I told ya those teeth were on the way. God works His stuff.

(((Lis))) Still waitin' for a coconut or a banana......oh wait.....we did get a banana didn't we. More specifically a banana girl.

Welcome to LIS Bananagirl. Lookin' forward to what you have to say. Just don't make things any more slippery around here than they already are. (Nuther lame attempt at a joke, Stoney, I know, I know don't say it or )

(((IO))) hope you're feeling better, dear. Both for you and your mom.

Scoobs it's a bad time of year for cookies and such but like Lis says....as long as your healthy it doesn't matter how you look. Besides, you look just fine based on that pic you posted.

All the rest - hugs. Sorry if I missed ya.

Gotta go and drag the stuff out of the garage for decorating now. I hope you're all doing well on this fine fall day.

Last edited by Dee74; 10-02-2009 at 03:17 PM. Reason: removed blog link
Old 10-02-2009, 02:29 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HideorSeek View Post
Ah, predestination vs free will..a head banger for sure. But I make peace with it by thinking that God gives us many capabilities, strengths and weaknesses. It is ourchoice whether or not to be in tune with our higher selves, our pure selves. If we can do that, to the best of our ability, then we are in sync and can let go. That's what works for me, at least.

Right on Sis!

Originally Posted by KenL View Post
Just don't make things any more slippery around here than they already are. (Nuther lame attempt at a joke, Stoney, I know, I know don't say it or )

Groan!
Old 10-02-2009, 02:32 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

But I make peace with it by thinking that God gives us many capabilities, strengths and weaknesses. It is ourchoice whether or not to be in tune with our higher selves, our pure selves. If we can do that, to the best of our ability, then we are in sync and can let go. That's what works for me, at least.
and me Lis. We still have self will but we need to harmonize with Gods will and find balance and peace.

it sounds lovely where you live Lis but you never said what you bought. Is it food only?? I had visions of beautiful coloured rugs etc
who looks after your home in new york when you are there?

Bee your going through a lot of emotional stuff lately. please stay safe and use your tools. I hope you are sharing and talking with people you trust.

Nice to hear you sounding so good lately Stone. you sound good at least. I hear a positive change in you.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:37 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Hiya Ken. had a look at your work there. your a the real deal DIY guy ....its very nice work. I can imagine the time you spend.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:02 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nelco View Post

Nice to hear you sounding so good lately Stone. you sound good at least. I hear a positive change in you.

Yes, I am perking up! :day6
Old 10-02-2009, 03:25 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Houseful of kids. Pizza being delivered. I'm a little crabby. Rain. More rain.

I'll get out for a run in the rain a bit later - that will help perk me up.

Going to put my gratitude glasses on now after that little moan ..
Old 10-02-2009, 03:27 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Oh - and a belated welcome to banana girl! Glad you joined us!
Old 10-02-2009, 03:28 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Ro! :ghug3

Pizza is good.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:29 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Hi Stoney-baloney!
Old 10-02-2009, 04:12 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Just in and ordered pizza myself. Oh its here right now, Woo Hoo, I'm hungry
Old 10-02-2009, 04:14 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Hey Kids!

Halloween stuff, eh Ken? You missed the "costume crazies" back in maybe Part 2 or 3? I loved making stuff for Halloween! Speaking of memory lane, Ro...I used to buy flatbread and all the toppings and let the kids make their own pizza. Messy, but fun!

Ditto to Ken on hoping that everyone is feeling better...

Nelsie...there are 2 markets here (both owned by the same person). nothing extensive like in the US...but all stuff is imported from Miami or Europe. Very expensive and spotty. What's in stock one week, may never appear again! Best to not get too attached....last year, I had fun googling what I had (or could get) and adding recipe and *poof*, something would come up. Makes for some interesting meals, let me tell you! And we live in Massachusetts, when not here. We shut the house down, completely (no water, tel, etc) and a neighbor checks periodically that it's still standing....

Anybody heard from Bo???? And where is our honey Bee??????

Hugs all around!
Old 10-02-2009, 04:22 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

I'm here baby eating my pizza while typing away. Need to get out of myself so I'm posting on Newcomers all day.

Stoney good you went to a meeting and shared. I went to meeting but didn't share, though I shared before meeting with my sponsor and friends in program. I feel certain things should not be brought up in a meeting unless they are messing with your sobriety and I don't feel this is.

Where did Nel go to?
Old 10-02-2009, 04:29 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

I am going to have to get some tips from you guys about sharing in meetings. I am shy and feel like I have nothing to add most times.

I like that so many of you are in the program.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:54 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Funny ?, Nan....how did you come up with your screename AND is there another bananagirl (vs bananagrlll)?

Bee...did youby any chance read the thread by the ICU nurse. Her description gave me the shivers...yessiree, I'm borrowing your gratitude glasses, that I am!
Old 10-02-2009, 04:56 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  

I like bananas and grrrl, I can't remember! I think I liked the way it sounded.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:00 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  

hiya banana!

the only tips on sharing at a meeting, being a newb, or an olb,

share honestly, and with the brain and the heart...

ohoh, and try not to take the group hostage!

tannoho
Rust..........what kind of choppers are you thinking of??
hell, i'll take Wallmart jobs at this stage of the game!

yeah ken, i did make the appointment!

now the rest is in Gods Hands, and if the Doc will take payments!

A'Pizza, and hold the Anchovies!
Old 10-02-2009, 06:01 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  

hiya row back at cha!