Notices

Living in Sobriety Part 16

Old 09-29-2009, 04:30 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

I know Bee....Stone will be soooooooooo pleased.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:42 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Good Morning. Wow, I just can't seem to keep up here.

Bee, I can't tell you if you should tell your lawyer or not. Have you prayed about it? I think if you do tell the lawyer you will feel like you are being honest. And being honest always feels better to me.

I hope you all have a good day. I am off to class. I have a test and then I get to give a facial. I am really enjoying the change of direction I made concerning school.

Peace out!
Old 09-29-2009, 04:45 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Hi Tan. sounds good. wish I were there.... you could pratice on me lol....
Old 09-29-2009, 05:09 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Kate, did you ask that woman to be your sponsor yet? Come on girlfriend, I know you can do it. Bring me along on a piece of paper, I will give you the courage to ask her. I promise
someone beat me to it!! she just got a new sponsee.. but i put the word out both last night and tonight that i am ready for a sponser.. so someone will turn up!!

Should I tell my lawyer that I am in recovery?
bee i do think it would be wise to.. it would be awful to be sprung on her in the courtroom..

Cold, dark morning. It won't be long before I have to turn the furnace on brrr.

ahh ro.. here i'm going 'oh no' cause it is really heating up.. and the bl**dy dust from dust storm still hanging around!

Sorry for going on and on about this.
as if you dont listen to us go on when we are worried :ghug3

to Bo...hope your feeling better, rusty, nel, ken, IO, hos, and anyone else here

night folks ..

ps.. got some test results back... so far so good.. some problems, but no malignancy!! waiting on the last few.. thanks again for thoughts and wishes
Old 09-29-2009, 05:29 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Aaaaaah! Did you all notice that someone special has poked her head back into the room? Our beloved Lis is back and noone except for anono said hi to her (unless it was in a PM or VM)....just sayin'.

(((((Elizabeth)))))

Bee, I hope all goes well for you today. It may be that he brings it up IF you end up in court. I see no reason to worry about it at this point. I think you should tell her and also tell her that you are VERY active in AA and that you have a year of sobriety. That is gonna alleviate ANY judges judegement against you. Think positive things and positive results will follow. Think negative and you stay in the dark.

Ro, glad you slept well. I did too. And I have succumbed to the forces of the cold and have turned on my furnace. It was 62 F in my house last night and I couldn't stand it. It's nice and toasty in her now and I'm very grateful for it. Snug as a bug in a rug.

Rusty, I've never seen so much of you around here as I did this mornin'.

Stone that song was really depressing to read. I couldn't imagine what the video sounded like. I'm actually glad that Nellie countered it with the "Fresh crispy strudel" song. lol

the rest - hugs.

Take care y'all. Gotta run.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:37 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KenL View Post
Aaaaaah! Did you all notice that someone special has poked her head back into the room? Our beloved Lis is back and noone except for anono said hi to her (unless it was in a PM or VM)....just sayin'.

Originally Posted by stone View Post

Hi Sis! Krust! Scooble!

Old 09-29-2009, 05:38 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KenL View Post

Stone that song was really depressing to read. I couldn't imagine what the video sounded like.

Sounds like this!

(You have to press play )

Originally Posted by stone View Post

Old 09-29-2009, 05:40 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nelco View Post
I know Bee....Stone will be soooooooooo pleased.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:41 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

So sorry, Stone and anyone else. I guess I didn't look back far enough. I just click the "go to first unread post thingy".
Old 09-29-2009, 05:43 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Either that or I just spaced out when I was readin'. OK now I really gotta go. Take it easy.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:44 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Hi and bye Ken.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:12 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

My back is really effed! I can barely bend! I have to take OTC muscle relaxants for the spasms which make me sleepy and dopey (more so than usual) - but if I don't take them, I can't work. Bah!

I'm at work, dressed warmly and sipping on a hot coffee. Things could be worse.

Hi Lis! Hope you feel better, Bo! Hi Kate! Can't this lady take on more than one sponsee? I know members who take on several at once - just a thought.

Hope all goes well for you this morning, Bee. Thinking of you.

Hey Tan! I sure wished I was in your class at school - man I would love a facial. Your course sounds really enjoyable - I'm so happy for you.

Morning Nelcs, Stoney, Ken, everybuddy else.

Huggies!
Old 09-29-2009, 06:39 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

lis you know we are so pleased to see you back. hiya...great to hear you too!! good news anono! hi ro and ken. I want to chat....but I am being pulled in all directions today.
be back later xoxoo

stone ,
Old 09-29-2009, 06:53 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Morning my friends!

It's so great to be back here. Many have spoken to me about a "geographical cure" but I honestly think this spot encourages my sobriety because it is so peaceful. I can get wound up without even noticing and absorb the ambient stress levels automatically, but the simplicity of life here is soul sustaining. Like most Caribbean islands, drinking is a national sport (not much "to do" and tourists always on "vacation"). Maybe becasue I was, at the end, a solitary drinker, I find that less of a trigger. Last winter, I did pretty well here, not entirely sober, but good spans punctuated by some one nighters. The nights I did drink had less to do with the location but rather with the accumulation of little stresses. Big ones I'm OK with, it's the little buggers that add up, that are my downfall. I will not turn my back on my disease, nor ever forget what landed me here.

Anyhoo, I am blessed, blessed,blessed and I never forget that for a nanosecond.

I'm sorry that some of you are feeling poorly. Now that anono has come out of the nursing closet....just curious and if you don't mind my inquiring, anono, why did you change careers?

And Bee...I'll be thinking of you all day. I agree that disclosure will only work to your benefit. Let us know the second you walk in the door, OK? And don't forget to pat your pocket! .....Hey, we could do a spinoff..."The felowship of the traveling pocket"!!!! (Like the book?! "Sisterhood of the traveling pants"??? You know, I never thought about it, but there is a baseline similarity, with the pants giving the wearer whatever confidence they needed...)

Off to continue unpacking...300 lbs takes awhile....
Old 09-29-2009, 07:08 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Thanks for the direction Stoney. I've heard that song tons of times on XM radio. Didn't always know what the words were though. It's still fairly depressing to me.

Hoping everyone is having a good day. Be back later.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:33 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  
Administrator

Continue:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post2383525