Notices

Living in Sobriety Part 16

Old 09-24-2009, 11:30 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I agree Ken, that sucks the big one. How long have you been there? Would you consider a change of employment?
Old 09-24-2009, 11:34 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

WOW

This is great, another part....wowwee!!!!

Sorry about the sore throat Marlee, yep I remember when my kids were small, it just kept going round and round in my house. I see you are using the tapping smiley, lol. Isn't that the best!!!

Anon, you are doing great girlfriend, (clapping my hands)

Hi Lis

Ken, that does s*ck, I have talked to many who are going through the same thing. Pray for guidance and direction as to what you should do there.

I have been sneezing for the past 10 minutes, I have a damn headache from it.

Nel, what's with that Irish dancer?

Hi Ro & Stoney & K and anyone who I might have forgotten.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:01 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi Lis, Ro and B. I make stuff for orthodontists. You know, things like retainers, expanders, holding arches, quad-helixes, invisibles and bruxism splints. I've been there for 10 years. I have talked to our current docs and asked them to guide there colleagues in my direction. The problem is that when a certain doc finds a lab that does everything right they tend to stay with them and build a relationship with them. As far as me going to get more docs....that's where my resentment stops me. I don't get paid all that much to begin with and for me to go and find more docs means more work for me. And I don't want to give that to my boss. He'll benefit from my hard work even more than he does now. I'm serious when I say he does absolutely nothing to bring money in to the business. I have asked him to help me on certain occasions when it's busy and he always finds some excuse to do the least amount possible. A while back he wanted to sell the business to me and I said no because he wanted me to give him an answer without letting me look at the books first. I don't know about any of you, but I won't buy a used car without getting it checked out first. Buying a business is the same way.

Now, having said that....I have considered starting my own business doing what I do now. That's hard, though, and I'm not terribly motivated to do that because of the future ramifications that may crop up should he discover that I have done that. I would have to keep that job while my business was in it's infancy. Don't forget what I said about getting doctors. It would take some time to build the clientelle and I don't think it very ethical to take his clients away from him. Even though in my heart I could care less about doing that. It's just not right. If they came to me it would be different. Aside from all that there is the start up costs. I would need to buy equipment and materials.

I don't know. It's just so delicate. The other thing is this. I'm a single dad and I have my kids 45% of the time. I have to drive them to school and then pick them up after school at the bus stop. The job I have allows me to do that. It's very flexible in that way and that's the primary reason for why I still work there. I work when it's busy and go home when it's not. That's why I'm here right now and that's why I won't go in tomorrow, it's just not busy right now.

The bottom line is this as I see it. Something needs to change but I'm afraid of changing something that is working for the most part. More money is always nice...but it's what I'd have to do to get there that makes me nervous.

Does it sound like I'm making excuses? I kinda feel that way.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:03 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Red face

Edited...double pic!

First one via Image Shack...usually use Photobucket.

Last edited by IO Storm; 09-24-2009 at 12:20 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:05 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Smile

Nelcs..

Nuf said...
Old 09-24-2009, 12:08 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Nellie,

There's some things in your pic that I don't get. The pic of the shirt, the tube of whatever in the upper right corner, the gardener under B, the lower left pic and the green haired lady.

Still waitin' for an explanation of WA as well.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:12 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Ken))))))

Not making excuses at all...the fear of change is normal, for everyone I think.

It would not be normal otherwise.

Ro)))))

Uh ohhh...I'll be back in a bit. Phone call!

:ghug2:
Old 09-24-2009, 12:14 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Not sure about the shirt either...but the tube is probably..(Tan)

and the gardener PK. (KK) per her signature pic.

Just guessing!
Old 09-24-2009, 12:17 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
IO Storm

It is Parent! lol

Who is the unknown comic?

I've been very busy...doing chores and taking care of my mother between posts..

it might have been explained.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:18 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Originally Posted by KenL View Post
Nellie,

There's some things in your pic that I don't get. The pic of the shirt, the tube of whatever in the upper right corner, the gardener under B, the lower left pic and the green haired lady.

Still waitin' for an explanation of WA as well.
the tube is Tanning lotion for Tanya

gardener for Parent Recovers

green hair lady for Dee he was green

got to go back and check the other ones you're talking about
Old 09-24-2009, 12:19 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Thanks IO.

It just really gets me in a lather when he comes in and goes on about how he spends money that he hasn't worked to get. I know it's his business and he has every right to do what he does. It's just the whole thing about not working to get the money. Work ethic is important to me. I take pride in what I do and I don't like it when I feel like I'm being taken advantage of.

This is nothing new as you can probably tell. It's been going on now for about 2 or 3 years. That's the time when he quite literally went into semi-retirement. He's only 44 years old.

I'll be ok.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:21 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Unknown comic is Anono. Anonymous.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:23 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Major hugs, Ken...

No one likes to be taken advantage of...

I am a generous person, but if soemone takes advantage of me...whoah..

look out! I have a temper...

The trick is to not let it get so under your skin that turns into bitterness.

Hey'a Bee
Old 09-24-2009, 12:25 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Thanks Ken! I should have known...duh.

lol
Old 09-24-2009, 12:26 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Phone call was not for me...I am expecting one though...so if I disappear...suddenly,

that is why.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:28 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IO Storm View Post
Major hugs, Ken...

The trick is to not let it get so under your skin that turns into bitterness.
Thanks IO. I appreciate that hug. It's true about the trick regarding bitterness. I do get bitter about it but I don't let it stay too long. Just enough to ruffle my feathers and then I molt it and move on. I'm just like a bird in that way. Perhaps a duck. LOL
Old 09-24-2009, 12:30 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Yep, its Anon but not sure about the shirt/blouse or the corner picture. The corner one I really like the colors in it though.

Ken, I know this is upsetting to you and I have no answers, but maybe it could be time to start getting motivated to look for something else. If it is meant to be, then it will be. If I learned anything this year in sobriety, it is that everything does happen for some reason, most of the time I can't see it right away, but in the long run, I know it is true.

Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:31 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

IO

It's nice to see you back. How is your Mom doing?
Old 09-24-2009, 12:31 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

ugh, not having a good day. In meeting regarding work teams most of morning, a lot of it based on the fact that my lawyer has no interest in working in a team and any help I provide will have to be under the table.

Then I get chewed out for being away from my desk.

Then I'm on the phone with my daughter's OT and she wants to discuss next steps, talking to her teachers, speech therapy, learning disabilities, sensory processing disorders, exercise breaks, core strength building, motor balance therapy.

fahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhk

Now i'm trying to catch up on the work he left me this morning. I can go days without getting much work from him but he has to decide to be busy while i'm gone in a 2 hour meeting and I can't work because he keeps yelling at me.

%#$%@#$^#$^#$&#$#$^

That's better.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:34 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
IO Storm

You are welcome Ken...

I've said it before, but it bears repeating...you have a good head on your shoulders,

and your heart is definitely in the right place...wanting more for your family.

And Bee...

Nice, nice post...