Notices

September Sobriety Group Part 2

Old 09-28-2009, 07:53 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Meow

Jump back ont he wagon, fluxcap. Bad things happen whether drunk or sober - but sober is the best way to deal with things.

TB - Glad to have our sober bubba back!
Old 09-28-2009, 10:26 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Well tomorrow is day 30 for me. Longest I've been without a beer in a decade.

I know that at the beginning this place was a really big help. For me at least it seems like once I got through the first 10-15 days it's been much, much easier. Learning to be sober on the weekends was a little rough too but now I look forward to my weekends for reasons other than getting trashed.

Everyone is different I suppose and trust me I'm not saying "I'm cured!!!!!". I look younger (I am getting hit on left and right sometimes... by girls in their early 20s even!), I feel 100 times better, and best of all I haven't done anything stupid or embarrassing for weeks now.

I guess I was more of a "problem drinker/binge drinker" than a full blown alcoholic getting drunk every day but I had a problem for sure.

Next I get to quit smoking... which I am not looking forward to. I'll give it some time before I try it though.

I wish everyone the best of luck! Hopefully I won't be back, lol

Edit: Also shout out to to gofish & aboveitall for pointing me in the right direction. glad I found the forum.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:39 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hi all, Day 19 here. Actually slept pretty good last night and felt pretty good this morning. Now I'm fighting to not get this cold that one of my colleagues here at work has...man I don't want a freaking cold!

That's awesome on the 30 days Karma...congrats!! you sound kind of like me...I was/am a binger too...so not drinking during the week is really not to big a deal for me, although I have been known to get messed up on the odd weeknight...the weekends were my time to drink everything in sight. I hope you stick around...you don't have to leave

Just jump back on the wagon fluxcap...there really is no other alternative, besides drinking and falling further down that slippery slope. You can do it!!

Congrats on day 20 a fallen man!! awesome!! Glad everyone else is doing well to.

Have an awesome sober day!!
Old 09-28-2009, 01:16 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Ethanol Intolerant

uhm, well I took a detour this weekend. It seems I can't help but F-up. I just want someone to solve this for me - how's that for pathetic? I know this my deal to solve, I created it, I need to fix it, but I really need some sleep, good wholesome sleep. Gosh darn it.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:25 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Wow flux, i hope everything comes out good for u and yours man.

My day went better than expected even tho i havent slept in 2 days.. My hopes are high and im feeling better. Still sober, just wanted to drop in . Have a good day guys.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:58 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
it's all happening

Originally Posted by serenitea View Post
How can that be? Shouldn't drawing be relaxing - well funny that huh? I am thinking about it and I used alcohol for that all the time - whenever I was too ramped up and could not come down.

Sort of a manic self medicating thing? Has this happened to anyone else?

So - I instead I made myself a cup of tea and decided to post to SR. Gosh - and I thought getting thru saturday night was bad! This was actually more difficult because I was totally not prepared for it!
This happens to me when I'm doing a hobby at night. I crochet sometimes, and find I've got to stop at least an hour before bed, otherwise I'm totally amped up.

Good for you for getting through it sober!
Old 09-28-2009, 07:03 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Being Me for the first time

good evening everyone . Its a great day to be sober, and Im so glad I am here today to share my experiences of hope to those who need it .
Ive been commin to SR for over a year , Im a chatter and lots know of my story . but many of you newcommers dont know my story and think maybe something In my story can help you acheive a lil bit of will and desire to stay with a program of your own choice
I'll try and make this brief but something tells me it will be a lil bit longer then I like , so here goes
When I was growing up ( sorry guys i know lil this maybe to bit TMI ) but im getting to something here ) I never had a reg cyle , in my early 20s I was perswaded to see a Dr and find out whats wrong , long story short turns out wasnt much of anything wrong it was just the way I was created , The Gyno expressed to me that I would never concieve a child . at that point in my life it was something I wasnt down about , after all I was in my young youth and was ready to party , and the last thing I desired was a child to get in the way of my party lifestyle . I dabbled in just about everything Coke and Booze was my fav thing back then . But ended up being the basic barstool drinker , happy hours were my thing after all cheap drinks , mean quick drunk and it escalated thu 2 failed marriages and many disasters
Fast forward to my 40's .. gotta DWI .. thought I'd learned a lesson and that I was in control and I could still drink just dont be stupid about it " yah ok sureeeee" . 6 months later found myself being arrested for yet another DWI and worse was , it was the same cop as the first time . I hadnt even finished my court apearnces and such when I got the 2nd one .
I leaned with the 2nd one , I knew something had to give and I was me , I had to give In submit that Im a alki and do what ever is asked of me , with out askin why .. just do it ! after all they been sober way longer then I had and they were apparently doing something right and it was workin for them . SO I listened and became teachable .

I had became friends with a man whom was in recovery for over 2 yrs at that time , tought me alot bout all sorts of things , He was like a sponcer /family memeber and still is to this day .. He joked with me bout how I was getting fat , and said ooh your pregnant ,He knew my story and I told him that was totaly impossible , no ways was I with child . I was at this point almost 3 months sober ..I had no sickness I had no signs of being preg, what did he know ??? well in the back of my head something was saying yes no yes no , cant be .. no ways ? am I ?? so off to the clinic I wnt and to my amazment and shock I WAS PREGNANT ... 6 months along . now do that math here I had been drinkin 3 months into my pregnancy ..
I was shocked .. some hows I dont think thats the word that even discribes how I was feeling at that point . but I was .. I was gonna have a lil baby ... I think at that point in my life I was Ok with this Idea and so wanted to be a mom
March 13, 2004 Sara Nichole was born on her due date all on her own .. mind you they picked the date with out any real definate information other then what the Professionls can tell .. she was healthy and the most beautifulest thing I ever laid eyes on . and she was mine !!
March 17th 2004 Sara Nichole rests in the arms of Angles, the barly tender age of 4 days .. Im shareing my story with you all , not in seekin of pity , Im telling you this because things happen In life that are out of our control and we still can function and feel the pain ,,, Yes its gonna hurt .. and yes I have felt this as well as so many on this sight .. But like most pain it DOES HEAL , IT DOES GET LESS .. impossible for me to ever forget , but I will live , I do have days now and then that are sad from the loss .. But Ive never gave in to the drink. because shes not here with me in body , she is how ever here with me in spirit , and every lil butterfly I see .. Its her flying around with wings ;
She passed away not from my drinkin while she was in my belly . She contracted bacterial menigitus thu me , which I was sposed to have been tested for while preg.. something in which was outta my control ,
this past march marks her 5th birthday , and in sept marks my 6 yrs sober . I retire my AA coins with her , as a gift that just because shes not here , Im not gonna stop living the best life I can no matter what .. Take what you have in life and be humbled and greatful for it , your neightbor may have less . sure its not what we hope for ourselfs all the time but its what we are givin. things do get better and at times things will be hard . but tis still no reason to cave in it wont fix anything or bring anyone back . Appreciate the lil things in life , dont postpone things , you mite not get a 2nd chance , I love life no matter howmy day is .. its a wonderful day when I wake up and can put my feet on the floor and give thanks for what Ive been giving in life , And thats a second chance and doing it things right the best way I can ! SOBER AND FREE , FREE TO BE ME
Peace and Serenity TO you ALLLLLL !!!!
Old 09-28-2009, 07:11 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Adjusting my Sails

Thanks for sharing that with us TD. Your such a gift to us all.

13 days for me today. I'm grateful to be alive and sober today.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:49 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Meow

Thanks for sharing your story, Endzy (((hugs)))
Old 09-28-2009, 08:21 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

endzone.....that is both a beautiful and heartbreaking story at the same time.

i don't think you will ever be able to tell it too many times. tho' i am a guy, i know how much i love my two sons. we've been through a lot with my oldest as he was discovered to have a pituitary tumor 7 years ago. they are not cancerous but because of their location they don't like to operate on them.

at first the doctors thought they could shrink it through medication to the point he could stop taking it. that has not happened and he will probably be on it the rest of his life much like a diabetic has to use insulin.

but back to you girl. you freakin' rock. so many of us on here have the curse of alcohol and have been through mucho crap. i ended up with one dui myself but it didn't stop me. it just caused me to get hammered every night in my casa.

again, thank you for your story. you had every logical drinker's reason to start back after what you've been through. yet you didn't and today you have touched me and given me strength.

today is day 21 for me. i've made it 3 months and 2 months in the last year and a half. i honestly feel like this is it for me. i didn't really have that resolve the other two times.

as long as i have people like you to look up to on this site, i will have the strength to mark one more day off of the calendar. major hugs to you endzone.

a fallen man.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:26 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hi September people! I'm in the August group and just thought I'd drop in and say hi. I look forward to getting to know you all better here.

Warm wishes,
Laura
Old 09-28-2009, 09:20 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing endzoner, you are an inspiration to me. Thanks again.

Welcome Jane!! The more the merrier
Old 09-28-2009, 09:49 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Is there room on this bus for one more to squeeze in before the end of the month? This is my third day sober (again) and I'm not sure I'm ready to commit to anything beyond just finishing today. But I hear that's all right. Anyway, I don't know if anyone would remember my last two times here (January and April) but I fell off last time somewhere around 45 days and it's time to get serious. Glad that SR is here, and that you are all here. :ghug2
Old 09-28-2009, 10:08 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Adjusting my Sails

It's a big bus Laura. This is not my first time either and I just posted in this thread for the first time a few hours ago. I don't know if your ready for a commitment but coming here is a good sign. Congrats on getting sober.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:52 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Meow

Hey TJ! Come on in.

Welcome Laura - it's never too late to join!
Old 09-29-2009, 06:21 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Welcome Laura...Glad you are here. All any of us have is today.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:02 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Journey of Recovery

Hi TraderJane, welcome LauraS. The more, the merrier!
Old 09-29-2009, 09:31 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Welcome LauraS!! three days is great!! Keep up the good work!! (ok, I am using these !! to much )

Day 20 for me...all is well...still toss and turn a lot at night and wake up less than rested but in the words of Tony Soprano...what are ya gonna do??
Have a great sober day everyone!!!
Old 09-29-2009, 10:55 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Hi TJ. Welcome, I think I've seen you somewhere before...

Well, I'm still sober, 5 days and I don't know how much farther I can take it. Truth is I'm sitting here, should be baking cookies or reading for a test tomorrow, don't care about cookies or books. I'm just thinking about I really want to drink. I don't even know why it's such a harsh feeling. I'm arguing all kinds of things in my mind, and I KNOW that if I drink today, I am scr- tomorrow, when I have 6 classes and a test. That's not helping. The threat of future detox, nothing. I can't think of a thing. All I can think of is I'm supposed to know more about grad school than I do, and everybody's acting like "why didn't you do that" and I can't say anything!! I didn't know, but that's no excuse in the law or college... And the state ain't paying out the loans, which means I don't actually have enough money for next month, which is never good, 'cause if I can't make it I don't never feel like just going along stretching out the money...might as well just enjoy it, 'cause the end's the same. My monthly bills are more than I have now, although October is paid for. Can't get a job till the semester's over 'cause of time--and most jobs right here specify no students, I'm finding out.

Everything was going good, but I was still ignoring things I didn't feel capable of dealing with. And they're hitting me hard. I want to run away to... anywhere. The farthest place from college.

And I got nobody to call. This is gonna be a real fun day.

-TB, somewhere
Old 09-29-2009, 11:03 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Hey TB...just one minute at a time, you can do it. Remember, play the tape all the way through...you know if you drink today you will be in absolute hell tomorrow and all these things you are worried about will still be there. Just hang in there...go for a long walk...do something...don't just sit there and think about drinking. Do carwheels, or stand on your head...I don't know what the hell I'm talking about lol...just trying to make you laugh so you won't feel like drinking. Go for a long walk right now!! I know you can do it!!!