Notices

September Sobriety Group Part 2

Old 10-25-2009, 02:36 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  
FREAKING AWESOME!

Hey everyone!!

My husband and I had a family reunion to go to yesterday and I am drained today. The funny thing is it's his side of the family and it used to be I would have to be high to even be around them and not one time did I think about "needing" to be high.....until the end of the night and his aunt told me she had some lortab 10's to get rid of and asked if I wanted any. I said nope, I've been clean for over thirty days! And it felt so good to say that and not even be tempted to buy them. It kinda grossed me out and took me back to that place I was before I got sober. So, yesterday was a good day and a good test for me and I passed with flying colors!!

I hope ya'll are doing good, I know things just keep getting better and better for me and I thank the heavens for that. Have a happy sober night guys!
Old 10-26-2009, 05:52 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  
Being Me for the first time

Right on Ash .. thats so awesome . I bet you didnt even blink an eye when you said you were clean 30 plus days did you .. some are so afraid to just say it in fear of what another mite think bout them . Codo's to you ..
You didnt say what she said when you told her you were clean ? Actions speak louder then words. your recovery could inspire someone you know .. who knows .. but keep up the good work hun ..

Its day # 29 OMG i need a day off ! well the good side bout it is , its not like i work all day but still Im ready to have a day or two off to sit around and do nuttin if I so choose , But really I need to clean the building ( im the apt Mgr ) . But it can wait .. Well just thought Id stop and share b4 I head in to the Inn for work , You all have a super sober/clean day ~ huggles Endzy~
Old 10-26-2009, 07:51 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Hey all, Just wanted to check in and say Hi...all good on this front...just been chillin...eating a paleo diet...working out...playing guitar...reading. Hope everyone is doing well and happy in their sobriety!
Old 10-26-2009, 10:33 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  
FREAKING AWESOME!

Endzy- Well she said how proud she was and it was a brave thing to check myself in. That whole part of the family is a mess on something. My husbands cousin just got off herion about a month ago or so. I hope she stays clean, she lost both her kids and everything.

Today is a good day. I even had a small contracting job today. First day I've worked being sober since I got sober! It blows my mind that I would usually pop a few pills before I worked and today it didn't cross my mind till I was done and I was like....wow! I suprised myself not even thinking about them.

Hope ya'll have a happy sober day!
Old 10-26-2009, 04:34 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  
Adjusting my Sails

Originally Posted by endzoner View Post
Its day # 29 OMG i need a day off !
Congradulations on 29 days TD!! I know it feels like you need a day off from sobriety but the way we......oh wait.....your not talking about 29 days of sobriety. Your counting days you have worked in a row....which is almost as many days as I have been sober....

I'm teasing Ron, although......Is sombody I know putting work ahead of recovery....hmmmm....

Again I'm just teasing. You only have one day left.

Speaking of work I am running late and really shouldn't be sitting here typing this.....what am I thinking?

I hope I have more time to post here in my homegroup thread tonight. You all as though your doing well. Later.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:22 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  
Journey of Recovery

Hello all. It's good to see everybody. Glad you're doing Ok. Good job Ashlee on telling his Aunt no and working sober!!!!!

6 more days until a day off Endzy? That must be a record for working days in a row. I don't see how you do it. Definitely take time for yourself when you do get a day off.

Not a lot on my end. Went to a good meeting last night. Was on the first drink. Heard a lot of good stuff. I am still at the point where I do not talk very much at meetings. I had heard in AA many years ago, when I first came in, to take the cotton out of your ears and put it in your mouth. So that has kind of stuck in my head. But I feel like I am doing most of the things to stay away from the first drink. I just need to pick up the phone and call people in the program.

Hope all of you have a good sober Tuesday!
Old 10-27-2009, 08:35 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  
Adjusting my Sails

Sleepy time for me. Thanks for checking in Ash & Primal I'm glad you two are doing well.

Kablume they told me to take the cotton out of my ears, put it in my mouth AND sit on my hands.......why did they tell me to sit on my hands and not you?

I guess some of us are sicker then others.....Isn't that right TD?

Ok, I'm going to sleep now.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:40 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  
FREAKING AWESOME!

Hi guys! The whole cotton thing....man I wish this one girl who is newly sober would listen to that old saying (that goes to my meetings)! Sometimes our brain is so badly damaged that I think when you talk in AA/NA you just don't sound that great and it's good to listen for awhile, we all need to listen and absorb as much as we can.

Have a good day guys!
Old 10-28-2009, 04:17 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  
Journey of Recovery

Dean, Ive heard that around the tables to sit on your hands. It may have been told to me when I was in before but I don't remember. I wonder why they say that?

Cause we sometimes talk with our hands? I can get to going on talking with my hands now. Drives my DH crazy. Believe me though Dean, I am as sick as you.

Well, I did it. I picked up the phone and called a woman in the program. Wasn't all too bad. She really is a nice person. Don't know how easy it'll be to do again but I did it.

Went to a noon meeting yesterday and the topic was giving back to AA. I feel that all I do is take right now but I learned by working the program you are giving back. You are a living example of the big book. I know my very first sponsors said that you should always welcome the newcomer, thank a speaker, and help at a meeting. That is giving back to AA in early sobriety. I'd like to think we give back by helping each other in here. At least you guys do for me.

Well, that's all the wisdom I can spout for one day. It's somebody else's turn to share.
Hope you all have a great sober Wednesday!
Old 10-28-2009, 05:31 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Good Morning everyone ...
Rock on Kablume on makin that call .. it will get easier and besides aint it nice to have a person you can talk with that can relate on what your going thu and been thu ?
The phrase " gotta give it to get it " is what they mean . And how true it is . Even yourself tho new to recovery help others it mite be hard to see , but you do . your an insperation to another that walks thu the door that just just a day or two . they see that wow .. shes here and has a month or what ever .. dont ever think your not helping another ( not stating you dont think so ) just pointing it out . I for one love newcommers esp those who are desperatly seekin what I and many others have , and pump for information as to how or what etc ..
Last nite while in Chat there was a newbie , I think this person had 3 or 4 days . and we were visiting , and this person asked how long myself and another had been sober . When I said Im at 6 yrs they were floored and asked if I had that long why do I still come to SR an or attend meetings . there thinkin is once you got it , its like Ink stuck in your skin . But its not that way . one constantly needs to tone ones skills and update at all times . I explained that you never wanna get complacent , this is one evil sickness and can come back at anytime , If i dont work the program of my choosing .
And I explained to him that comming here when Im able to is not only good for me its good for those ( like him ) If we just stopped commin who would they learn " how it works from " ? . I come here cuz this is like a second home and these memembers are like my second family . And I wanna be able to help anyone whos willing to listen to me brag about what recovery can do for another ! thanks for bringing up this topic Kablume ,
As for the cotton in ones mouth .. I think i still gotta lil bit of it stuck in there , even after my sober time , Im still pretty quiet at the meetings , Tho I do like to toss a wrench in there now and then ( when i get to make my meeting) and share my experiences , there more shocked at me talkin then about what im sharing ..lol guess its one good way to get there attention stay quiet and when you do share its something really good .
Larry Larry Larry ... how well you know me huggles my dear ..
Its day #31 and one day closer to a day off !! yippyyyyy . tho i gotta say the guys on my floor ( for now ) anyways are quiet clean so its a nice surprise , Its raining here and theres a nasty snow storm heading our ways .. maybe they will all go home ? Well enuff babbling its a wonderful day to be sober , even if its raining and I gotta clean toilets and make beds ... But you know what ? it sure beats the alternitive !
Massive Huggles to all ~ Endzy ~
Old 10-29-2009, 05:42 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

If you listen you can hear the crickets chirping ..... where is everyone ...???
Hey all its one day closer to a day off for me , I know tired of me saying it but im lookin forwards to it , Have plans for Sat to go to the city to see my fav movie series SAW6 , but .... Im not sure were gonna get to go due to the wonderful weather thats heading in our direction , Never fails we plan an outting this time of yr and the stuff hits the fan in the weather dept . Ooh well , We will just have to see what happens .
Currently its raining and has been all nite but they say its sposed to turn to snow in the next cpl hours or so .. Now on a good note of all this that hopefuly means the pheasant hunters mite be heading back to there wifes and make there lovely messes at home " hahah yah right " . will see whats going on when I go in to work here soon .
Well I just wanted to say good morning and hope everyone is doing ok , seems theres only a hand full of sept class left whatta downer that is .. much huggles ~ Endzy ~
Old 10-29-2009, 06:20 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  
Journey of Recovery

Hey endzy, you know I'm still here putting in my 2 cents! I hope you get to go to the movies on your day off. Hope it doesn't snow too bad. Isn't that a scary movie? I can't do scary movies. I always scream when they jump at ya.

My daughter and grandkids are coming over Sat. and she's going to take the kids trick-or-treating and then hang out and spend the night. I love it because I get to spend time with the kids. My youngest grandson is just starting to walk and is so cute. I love them at that age. They're into everything though.

Well, just thought I'd check in and see how everyone was doing. Hope you all are just out there doing your sober thing. Pop in and drop a line or two! Miss hearing from you guys.

Endzy, don't those crickets know it's wintertime?
Old 10-29-2009, 11:17 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  
Meow

Hi all. Just got caught up. Glad to see folks doing well! I am too.

Hope everyone has a happy and safe Halloween weekend, for those of us who celebrate it.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:22 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

was in refrence to how quiet it is in her...lol
Old 10-29-2009, 03:17 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  
Journey of Recovery

Originally Posted by endzoner View Post
was in refrence to how quiet it is in her...lol
lol
Old 10-29-2009, 03:19 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  
FREAKING AWESOME!

Hi guys! Doing okay today, been aggervated at the dirty house and my husband not pulling as much weight as I would like. Brings on a lot of stress which my addict mind goes to that place, which I have learned to quickly get out of my head during those times. I think he sometimes forgets I am in early recovery and I don't need a lot of stress in my life. Just little things would help, such as picking up after himself, give the dogs a bath, do a load of laundry....something. Maybe I got through his head today, who knows.

Have a good night guys, got a meeting in a little while.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:32 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Ups and downs - hi all...
So last weekend I survived my dad's visit - it wasn't as bad as I thought and I made it thru sober...

but then today we had layoffs at work - a complete surprise - laid off 60% of the company - I had to personally lay off 4 folks in my group. EVERYONE went to drink afterwards and boy did I want some. I was super upset & stressed out today.
I came home and somehow made it thru w/o drinking.

I realized it would not be worth throwing away over 30 days sober - even for such a bad day today- well especially for such a bad day like today.

hope everyone is good. I need to read and catch up!
Old 10-30-2009, 03:26 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  
Journey of Recovery

Hi PC. Good to see you.

(((Ashlee))) If all else fails, call your sponsor and say the serenity prayer. Spouses are difficult to change.

(((serenitea))) Good for you not drinking over that. Lot of stress. And we never did get to congratulate you on your 30 days even though you're over that now. But here's a belated congrats!!!!!

That was funny on the crickets endzy. Went right over my head. So this is your last day, right? Hope you get more than 1 day off. Did you get much snow? We are getting rain right now. Tomorrow is supposed to get cold but I don't think we're supposed to get snow. Shame it won't be warmer for the trick-or-treaters.

Not much else for now. Got up way too early this morning. Lot of day left. Will go to a noon meeting. Hope you all have a great sober Friday!
Old 10-30-2009, 04:52 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

good morning , we got but loads of rain a lil sleet and a dash of sow .. I wanna be a weatherman can wrongly forcast and still keep your job ... Not all sure whats sposed to happen today it is quiet windy out there but whats going on with it other wise im not sure .
Well Ive got tomarrow yet as well , hoping for sunday off but nuttin is set in stone around here in this sorta business , But lots of the hunters have already left due to the weather so will see whats going on , least it will be liter in the work dept as lots haveleft already verses leaving today .
I figured it went right over your head @ crickets .. you silly woman you .. its all good tho
Seren .. good for you on not takin that first drink it wouldnt get everyone there jobs backa nd it sure wouldnt help youin any shape or form , I know its tuff having to do what your doing , as well as recovery there are many in this forum who have had to do the same thing , It really does bite " say the serenity " it does help .. ANd congrats on the 30 we missed it ... wahoooo:day2 thats fantastic ! well I had something in my head i wanted to say and being the typical blond it went Poof right out my ears ... maybe ill remember in a few minutes and return with the AHa i rememebed !
other wise you all have a great sober friday .. rememinder for those who do it Nov 1st is day lite saving time set your clocks back " joy "
cya laters Massive Huggles ~ Endzy ~
Old 10-30-2009, 10:10 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  
FREAKING AWESOME!

Hi ya'll. Like the new avatar? I thought it is spunky like me!! Hope ya'll are having a good day, much love to ya!