Notices

Living in Sobriety Part 15

Old 09-20-2009, 03:32 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hey Everyone!

Let's see how my brain retention is doing today...

Louis...speaking for myself here...I love long hair on guys (well, to shoulders). Also the scruffy (barely noticeable) beard look. A guy friend told me me that they make electric razors that are designed to leave it just a tad scruffy. That struck me as hilarious...scruffy with intent! Speaking of which, some of us more mature (read older) folks remember the time that holes in your jeans were becasue you had worn them in...not bought them that way. And you pay more for ...what is it called...distresed??? I know I'm old becasue I preface my statements with "When I was your age..."
Speaking of youth...God Bless you Bee for riding the parental roller coaster with your son. I agree that it's strange that he would paint his room, then move...Nelsie, what happened to your EG quote? It disappeared!!!!! Hooray! Guess what...her latest book "Commitment" is coming out in Jan! I did read her first, but couldn't get into it. This one is about marriage to her Brazilian honey....Ro, good for you driving...6 lanes????...sheesh that would scare the pants off me as well. Bro, sorry you are in pain and even more sorry that there seems that nothing can be done. Maybe acupuncture? Just a thought. Hiya Ken...still have the kiddies? What are their ages?

A brief homily here. Last night I was telling my hubby about a man in the rooms who just celebrated 40years. I'll be dead by that point. But let's not go down THAT road, haha! Anyhoo, that wasn't the point of my story. My hubby asked why someone would continue to go meetings for that long...did someone have to battle the "urge" even after 40 years? Bless his heart, he isn't an alcoholic and it was kind of like describing the color blue to a blind man, but I tried to explain. Fast forward to today's meeting. The incoming group had come from afar (bonus points on a Sunday morning) and were very good speakers. As I sat there listening, I thought how much I enjoy AA and always get some insight or another. I think what I really like (as I said to Marlee) is the humanity and humility...the fact (like here) that people connect on such a real level and are not frightened of vulnerability. Anyways, as I was sitting there, I silently answered my husband "This is why"...

So, if I missed saying hi to anyone..please excuse the brain...I think I need a "disclaimer" like..."any omissions or inaccuracies are due to brain malfunction, age, or other factors not within the author's control"...
Old 09-20-2009, 03:32 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

everyone abandoned me....
Old 09-20-2009, 03:33 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Nelsie..that's weird..the quote is BACK. Space junk interference, again!
Old 09-20-2009, 03:38 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

hiya lis......what do you mean you read the book? did you not say it is not out till jan?
Old 09-20-2009, 03:43 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

No..After I read EPL, I tried to read an earlier book of hers...something about "real men"...I can't remember the title...anyways, it was very different and, as I recall, it was about a woman and cowboys and I just couldn't get into it. THIS book is new and is supposedly about her second marriage. IMHO, she has grown as a writer and I like her books , well 1 book, on self self-exploration, rather than her fiction.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:44 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Yes! I thought the guinea-hens lived in the house! So shoot me! LOL how was I supposed to know. You were going on about how dang CUTE they were - I figgered they must be right there beside you in the house!
Old 09-20-2009, 03:47 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

rowan :uzi:
Old 09-20-2009, 03:49 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

they are cute Ro....real cute, but they smell like chickens so I cant have them in the house.

Thanks Lis I wil check that out.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:55 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

what am I doing wrong here..................

Last edited by nelco; 09-20-2009 at 04:19 PM.
Old 09-20-2009, 04:00 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

took me ages to get that to post.......
Old 09-20-2009, 04:17 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

and dont think I didnt notice when Bee was chopping up one of those poor little brown hens your request for chicken parmigiaqna
I missed this post , I went back reading and its not there

And your picture that you spent so long waiting to post, I can't see it. It appeared one time and now its gone, poof, into cyber space.

Hi Lis, you are beaming with gratitude tonight.
Old 09-20-2009, 04:20 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Hiya Bee going for dinner now, but will be back b4 the counselors call "lights out!" and we have to use our flashlights under the sheets!

...you like that new smilie, huh? Notice how I am having fun with the fonts??? Heehee
Old 09-20-2009, 04:21 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

yes but I will be in bed Lis........boo hoo
Old 09-20-2009, 04:22 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-20-2009, 04:23 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

OK, Nelsie...then a goodnite kiss coming your way!
Old 09-20-2009, 04:25 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

BYE Lis xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 09-20-2009, 04:26 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

can I change my font permantly? (that doesn't look like its spelled right) or do I have to change it every time I post. I want this to be my permanent font
Old 09-20-2009, 04:30 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

I'm heading off to bed too, Nel. Goodnight Lis, see you tomorrow, going to watch Bridezilla's, these girls are nastier than nasty, lol. I'm pretty tired today, at the meeting before, my eyes were hurting because I just wanted to close them, and big yawns.
Old 09-20-2009, 04:31 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

no I think its too difficult to read that font, got to find another one. I need some change, can't change my hair color right now, so I will change my font, yes that will make me happy.
Old 09-20-2009, 04:34 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

I need to concentrate not so much on what needs to be changed in the world as on what needs to be changed in me and in my attitudes.

how bout this?