Notices

August Sbriety Group-Part 3

Old 09-14-2009, 08:44 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Meow

(((Brent))) Welcome back - you can do this! I have faith in you.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:08 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Brent...glad you are back here with us...good going on day 2..
Old 09-14-2009, 11:21 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

What is everyone doing today...to reinforce their sobriety?????
Old 09-14-2009, 11:22 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

TB...I have been meaning to ask..what is your major?

Sounds like you have a tough class schedule..
Old 09-14-2009, 11:28 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Sixth week of sobriety. Have been in the ocean all day and am hardly able to type for fatique. But it is a nice sort of tiredness. Good to see Biddy back on song. I am getting a great tan considering it's September.

Would love to have rounded off my lovely day with a glass of the red stuff but we can't always have what we want ..right?
Old 09-14-2009, 11:35 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Hmmm..the red stuff., tomatoe juice

That sounds wonderful to me...the sun, the water..and a tan!

Six weeks is something to be proud of..and we are proud of you!
Old 09-14-2009, 02:03 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Hey y'all.

Made it through the morning, now I'm just sitting here being irritated by my roommates (not the Evil one). They're all a chattering in the kitchen like old timey friends, and this is irritating me to no end. It's like as long as you're born in this state, you get to make friends. Otherwise, you just get stared at and occasionally told why they would never leave this state for any reason--sometimes they even come up with a rude question!

Just irritated.

So I suppose I'm not sounding more positive right now. Well, I made it through the weekend, and know I got about 40 more to go before I'm outta here. Saturday was living Hell, no different really from nights drinking when I wonder what I've done. Sunday was alright, today I'm annoyed, which is not good 'cause I have a temper, a quick tongue and no respect for most people around here--I figure if it's good for the goose,...--which is the trifecta of how to insult somebody very thoroughly and publicly. So I think I'm keeping the earphones on. Maybe it'll get better later on, but I don't get to talk for another 6 hours.

My major is Poli-Sci/Beh-Sci. It's not so much I have a tough schedule, just a long one. Most my classes follow the learn things, take a multiple choice test, learn more things, take another test pattern--those are easy for me. I only got 2 classes where I have to do anything else and they're both 8pp papers. Last semester I had almost 200pp of papers. 16 is easy.

Unless it's days, 16 being I do believe where I am.

Jason, congrats, and welcome 'back'. Brent, 2 is almost through the rough parts... keep going forward. Shakes, congrats and I think if you added alcohol with all the physical activity you're doing, you'd probably just pass out... hardly worth slipping up for.

Hey, pick me up right after TC... I should be in a straight line if all those airplanes are to be trusted. I need to get out of here. I'm always ready... I keep a prepacked bag, all I gotta do is throw in some clothes.

Maybe it's an airline conspiracy to keep me here... never thought of that. Billion dollar industry, I'm keeping it afloat [no pun intended].

-TB, irritated (but not at y'all, even if any of y'all happen to be from this here state... I have met nice Californians)
Old 09-14-2009, 02:12 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Meow

I remember when I lived in California there was a bumped sticker popular at the time. It said "Welcome to California. Now go home." Things haven't changed, hunh?
Old 09-14-2009, 02:36 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Hey Bubba, communal living sucks right. You make me appreciate living alone!

In fact, I enjoy my own company so much that when I am forced to share public transport I find 'the great unwashed' intolerable. This only occurs if I am on a train or if I am in a cinema. I am sure Americans are much more amenable.

Cinemas over here are full of talking, munching ingrates.

Public transport is full of irritating sullen youths playing noisy ipods.

Rant over!

Now what's the score about California. Explain to me. I have often thought of re-locating to the States as I have a lot of family over there. Sister in Long Island. Tonne of family in and around LA. One Uncle in San Diego and Aunt in Dallas. I have visited Calif, Oregon, Washington State, New York, Maryland, Penns, Virginia. I am sure there are other great places too. I wouldn't know where to start in terms of locating to where if I do come over.

I would also have to wait until my kids go to college. I think they like having me around at the moment.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:43 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Hey Thirty and me R just a stone's throw from each other, on the West coast. Did U all stop 4 lunch or gas, I'm tired of waiting....the dogs R panting and we used up the H20.
The weather man lied, 100 today! I'm pissed at her. Can't wait till next month...need it 2 B a little cooler, guess I'm getting old.
Glad 2 see you Jason.
Shakes good 4 U, I envy U, would love 2 B in the water now and a cool, cold Bud sounds nice, but I can't go there, since I'll just want aleast 6.
Stay strong.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:02 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back bdiddy
I don't think there's any shortcuts - we just have to...not do that anymore.

good question about what we're all doing to stay sober ANew....I'm staying home and plugged into SR today - that should see me through sobriety wise

D
Old 09-14-2009, 03:49 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

The August Sober Sedan got slowed down overseas picking up Midton..(plus, we had alot of bathroom breaks drinking so much San Pellegrino)so, since we detoured, we are on our way to the West Coast...everyone, raise their hands that we need to pick up. Once we get TB on board, she is taking over the driving..thank goodness., I want to go plop myself down in a bean bag chair!

Shakespeare, I was born and raised on Long Island, NY....I really miss it.

Dee...today, for my recovery, I said a prayer of gratitude for my sobriety. I read two daily meditations, and I too plug myself into SR. I remind myself of the gifts of sobreity, and embrace those gifts, simple as they are.

BreakFree...yoo hoo...where are you again????Are you at Starbuck drinking Pumpkin Spice Lattes?????????

Tall...oh., I hear you about having "one"...you would want six..wish I could say I would have stopped at six! How is the job search going?:OK...everybody ready to ride???

We might need to decide on a destination...wait., I know...Soberville...not wasted away again.

All aboard
Old 09-14-2009, 04:26 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Hello :)

I've been waiting on the front porch for you guys to round the corner! Guess I should have taken my laptop with me, huh? ;) Ooh...a pumpkin spice latte sounds heavenly!

You know...it's crazy how much weather varies. It's COLD here! :( I want to be HOT! Shall we switch up? tallcactus...You are too funny! Mad at the weather gal, eh? LOL Yeah, me too...all summer long. We got pretty much only rain in July :( We only have a short summer so that was more than depressing. Just as soon as it began to feel like summer, it was over. Fall is definitely in the air.

Still fighting the blues :( I am going to go back and read my posts from my last "do-over". Seems like they should have passed by now :( Ah, well...there's always tomorrow! :)

Love and hugs,
Old 09-14-2009, 04:34 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Administrator

Every 'do-over' was different for me, BF...hope you feel better soon

D
Old 09-14-2009, 04:52 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Day 3

WOW! I just went back and read our posts...so many thoughts and emotions going through my head...

1.) I am SAD :( We still have a very great crew here, for which I am extremely greatful, but we've lost a lot of our regulars :( Looks like I'm going to have to start breaking out the PM's...

2.) I was feeling this way last time too! WHOO-HOO! I think it's the exhaustion from detoxing the alcohol, to be honest. Not so much depression...but exhaustion. Yes. That's it. Today I am not depressed, I am just really, really tired. And that makes me feel sort of down in the dumps. I mean, who likes feeling tired, right?

Okay...I'm good :) Just a few more days and I'll be flying sober-high again! YEAH BABY! :) Sorry to be so ME focused! :O

I'm off to get some ice-cream...

Thank guys! You are all great! :)
Love and hugs,
Old 09-14-2009, 04:54 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

(((rubycanoe)))...I'm SO glad to "see" you! :)
Old 09-14-2009, 05:51 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

BreakFree...there you are!

You know, we may have lost some of the original gang. They may be lurking and haven't quite quit., and aren't posting. Come out, come out wherever you are!!!

I know those blues you are talking about BF..but you know they pass. Even though, you have to blues, you are sober...and feeling your feelings.

OK..on the way to the west coast..who are we picking up, and who is ready?
Old 09-14-2009, 06:47 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Hello :)

I went out to get an Oreo McFlurry after my last post...it was yummy! :) Now I'm tired and...SLUGGISH! :O

Sweet Dreams Everyone!
Old 09-14-2009, 08:08 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
KC1

KC is still here. Nothing but meetings all day and half the night this week. Four, yes FOUR, client entertainment events after work that involve booze. It is going to be tough. Very tough. This job is way more busier than I ever imagined in more ways than one!

So the wicked witch part of me is saying "go ahead - you can have just one to be sociable." The good witch part of me is saying "don't do it - you know what happens - no one will even notice if you just have a club soda."

Trying to be the good witch but the bad witch is pulling my arm.......

Can you tell I saw the Wizard of Oz fly by when I was flipping the channels on the TV earlier?

Glad to see everyone is still riding the van. Gofish - glad to see you popped in. And yes, you are almost on 30 days. I fell off the wagon if you read any of the posts, but hopped back on it Sunday.

KC
Old 09-14-2009, 11:44 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

PC, don't know if things here've changed or not, but we lost our "murder capital of America" title to somebody, and picked up the "rudest city in America" title a couple years ago. I didn't get to vote, but I can't argue.

And most people are confused. It can't get any better, right? I mean, what do people do, say good morning to people and thank you and stuff? You mean TALK to people you don't already know?

My favorite: "It's the same everywhere though. I went to Mission Viejo..." (Mission Viejo, for those who haven't had the pleasure, is about 50mi from LA). To their credit, most Angelenos have been to 2 states: Vegas is 5 hours from here.

Shakespeare, there's a lot of good people and a lot of good places here in the US. I've lived in a few of them (TN, MD, NJ and CA) (not born in any of the above), visited most of them, and found that it depends on what kind of place you want to live in. Even CA is a good match for some people--just not me. A lot of uneducated extreme liberalism--ie, people who see nothing wrong with saving the beaches in their Hummers--and utter ignorance at the outside world (it doesn't count). On the other hand, if you like lots of sunshine and no humidity, this area is popular. We have surfing here too, well, near here.

Oh, and unfortunately our cinemas are the same, just called movie theaters... and buses (in LA, saner places are different) are not filled with youths. Mostly crackheads and people trying to get to work without being bothered by crackheads, wishing they had a car.

TC, 100? We're in a cold snap, I think it was 70 high today. I needed a sweatshirt at 7pm... Y'all should get it, if it came from the ocean...

Ruby, nice to see you again... how's it going?

BF, yep, I agree with Dee and anyone who agrees with him. Every times a little different... especially with moods.

ANew, always ready... And as for your earlier question: What I'm doing to stay sober? 6 classes, then be tired was the plan. Come home to no internet again. That was the trigger this time, I was debating it, and decided not to. So I'm getting better at saying no when I just want to drink from boredom. I'm very worried by the way as soon as the internet goes down, that's what I'm thinking.

Got it back about an hour later, but still.

It's my only connection to the world...

-TB, not really sad