Notices

Living in Sobriety Part 12

Old 08-28-2009, 04:32 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hi Kids!

Just wanted to say "au revoir" (my european side !!!, for a few days. I'll be back from Fl late next week (no computer til then)...

Beautiful pics Stone and Scoob and I LOVE that spontaneous songfest. I think that there have been a few of them. Have you seen the ones about strangers hugging strangers?! How lovely to be reminded that we are all the same, despite our customs, languages, accents, whatever. But we LISsers know this within our own group.

Hi Bee...remember to look up tomorrow as I pass overhead!!! Ro, if YOU see me, they are definitely doing a serious diversion due to hurricane Danny!!!!

Nelsie...Last night, when I was having my 2 a.m. ice cream, I broke ANOTHER molar. Now I need FOUR crowns. The first appt is the day after I return. Who in their right mind would choose to be a dentist? NOBODY WANTS TO SEE YOU.....EVER!!!!!! Same for proctologists and telemarketers....

Oh well. At a meeting the other night, a man said that God never gives us more than we can handle. So if we are facing something, he/she/it must KNOW we have the inner strength. I have heard this concept b4, but somehow the way he phrased it struck me differently.

Anyhoo my friends, be well and see you next week! Try not to start a "new" chapter (thread???, part???)...as if THAT'S going to stop you!!!

Hugs!

lis
Old 08-28-2009, 04:44 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Man, just watching those videos me and Nelcs posted - and if I ever happened upon a scene like that at an airport or train station, I would be in the BEST mood all day! All those endorphins in the air, I would feel so ALIVE! One thing, though ... and I feel dumb asking this .. but that's not spontaneous, right? All those folk are dancers, right, and not just commuters? Otherwise, how the heck do they all know the moves, and why is their timing so precise? If I were to join in, you'd be able to spot me a while away LOL

Hey Lizzy have a great time in FL will miss you - try not to break any more teef while you're away. And I agree - it must suck being a dentist - no one looks forward to seeing the dentist (although I must admit a certain anticipation when I was going to get laughing gas; then, by golly, I practically leapt into his arms).

LOL

Hey Kev nice to see you as always have a HUG.

Have fun at IKEA, Bee. I love shopping there - so much to pick from!
Old 08-28-2009, 04:47 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Administrator

have a good break E (not teef related)

D
Old 08-28-2009, 04:59 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Thanks Ro...I've wondered the same thing about it being spontaneous...but even if not, the involvement of the crowds is so wonderful to watch!

Thanks a HEAP, Dee JK! I'll try to gum my way through yoghurt. I just hope my hubby doesn't trade me in for a newer model with less upkeep! LOL
Old 08-28-2009, 05:04 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Lis, be safe my friend and we will chat when you get back. Can't wait to hear the great time you will have. And I will think of you when I hear a plane overhead, look out your window you will see me wave to you!!!

That stinks about the molar, I am like Ro, loved that gas, he use to turn it on the highest it would go and I would accuse him of lowering it. lol. But that was the only way I would sit in the chair.

Home from Ikea, after driving 1/2 hr to get there, walking entire store they check their terminal and said "We have 12 units in stock" Well we all know where this is going!!! There is one unit and the box is damaged!!!! Like I thought it would end up differently. When we question them they say oh they were delivered but not stocked yet, can you call tomorrow and see if they put them out by then Oh yeah I'll do that. That store is so huge that it gives you a headache, you just keep looking around at everything and there is so much you can buy. So 1/2 hr back and we come home empty handed.

Ready for an early night, HG tomorrow morning, got to get there 1-1/2 hrs before to make coffee and put my greeter hat on
Old 08-28-2009, 05:07 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Oh Ro, they train for that, the first time I saw it I thought it was sponteneous but I forget how I found out, but definitely they chorograph it. I too would be in such a great mood if I were around when it happened. I love watching them, they are so cool.

Kev, that's good about the contract.

Hi Dee

Guess Stoney is out getting a dog.....
Old 08-28-2009, 05:10 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Man that's gotta be a big meeting if you are there an hour and a half before it begins! That's a lot of coffee! Sucks about coming home empty-handed, but that's not always a bad thing. (speaking as someone who has spent the week cleaning out closets and drawers - so much CRAP)

Bee I used to accuse the dentist of lowering the nitrous, too! LOL isn't that funny? He actually opened up the cupboard where the tanks are kept and made me turn around to see that NO he had NOT lowered it. I always wanted MORE MORE MORE!
Old 08-28-2009, 05:16 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Administrator

*rolls eyes*

LOL
D
Old 08-28-2009, 05:18 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

He actually opened up the cupboard where the tanks are kept and made me turn around to see that NO he had NOT lowered it. I always wanted MORE MORE MORE!
Ro I'm cracking up laughing here, my dentist did the same thing, and he use to have the assistant tell me where it was. Said I was the only patient he had it so high for.

Yes the meeting is pretty big, we go early and put coffee on takes about 1 hr to be finished and then the greeting starts We hang out and talk while coffee is perking. Really good people at this meeting, its where I will celebrate my 1 year anniversary next month. My daughter mentioned tonight she would like to come when I celebrate.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:18 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Quit makin' fun of me!

Last edited by Rowan; 08-28-2009 at 05:19 PM. Reason: we posted at the same time, Bee. I'm telling Dee to stop making fun of me!
Old 08-28-2009, 05:20 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Yeah, Bee, we both must metabolize that stuff pretty quickly. Anytime I've had 'conscious' sedation for procedures, I've always 'come to' in the middle of it. Usually, screaming! And, after my colonoscopy, as soon as I woke up in recovery, I got up and got dressed, and left with my friend. She said it freaked her out how quickly I came to.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:23 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Administrator

Last edited by Dee74; 08-28-2009 at 05:24 PM. Reason: She was really making fun of you Bee - honest. ROTFL
Old 08-28-2009, 05:24 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Ro, I woke up 1/2 way through my colonoscopy and they couldn't give me any more sedation, it was done in the drs office with that sodium phenathol or something like that. The 2nd one I went into the hospital and had them put me under anesthesia, woke up and left right away too.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:25 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Cool! Couple of alkies, we are!

Dee! Quit making me paranoid! I've been feeling better so don't go screwing me up! LOL
Old 08-28-2009, 05:25 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

And let me tell you about pain, that was the worse pain I ever went through.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:26 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Administrator

Only jokin'
My work here is done LOL

Have a good night guys!
D
Old 08-28-2009, 05:27 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Colonoscopy .. yep .. they hurt alright. Glad that's over with for a couple years.

Deedum - see you later, troublemaker :eyeroll

Last edited by Rowan; 08-28-2009 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Dang!
Old 08-28-2009, 05:29 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Night Ro. I just want to say you sound great, glad the med's are working for you.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:32 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Ro, I've been putting off that colonoscopy for 5 YEARS! I've already planned to tell my PCP that paying for crowns put the colonoscopy on hold. Do you think she'll buy that??? Worth a shot....

Sorry about IKEA, Bee. I once went with our oldest and was over all the STUFF! (Insert OVERSTIMULTION smiley!)
Old 08-28-2009, 05:37 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Nite DeedleDeeDee!!!:ghug3