Notices

Living in Sobriety Part 12

Old 08-27-2009, 03:00 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

So...y'all know how I am scared of big dogs? I met this effer today!

She was a sweetie but a tad intimidating, lol. She got excited and jumped up at me for a kiss, I had to catch its front legs.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:01 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Here is her little friend, I blinded her with the flash!

I wanna dog!
Old 08-27-2009, 03:03 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

[QUOTE=HideorSeek;2345859]
Originally Posted by nelco View Post

Yeppers, somewhat, Nelsie. I talked with my sponsor about tying in my story to the step. Honestly, I felt like I was "living" the Step at that point...I was offering my humility and honesty to the group and then asking to be relieved of the burden of self, which has plagued me for so long, if that makes any sense.

Hi IQ!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow your something else Lis, thats so good.

you think we are getting messages from above about a few little defects...............lol.

seriously though...Its the shortest step in the book but if those steps that went before did not get done honestly.... there is no getting past it.

I like the prayer.

My Creator, I am now willing that you should have all of me, good and bad. I pray that you now remove from me every single defect of character which stands in the way of my usefulness to you and my fellows. Grant me strength, as I go out from here, to do your bidding. Amen.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:04 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I should post a pic of my big hairy beast of a dog.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:07 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Asleep!

Old 08-27-2009, 03:18 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Glad you are having such fun, Stoney! I'm a dog person, myself...German Shepherds, specifically.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:36 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HideorSeek View Post
Glad you are having such fun, Stoney! I'm a dog person, myself...German Shepherds, specifically.

I have always been a cat person but I have a feeling the time is coming for me to get a dog!

Anyway, 11.30pm here and I am going for a walk in the cold wind. How odd!
Old 08-27-2009, 06:05 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Quiet Friday here, working out how I can get to a meeting tonight.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:17 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hi Kev! If there are no F2F near you tonight, aren't there meetings here, on SR? Can't say I've ever tried them, but being here always makes me feel good! In any case, BIG s coming your way!
Old 08-27-2009, 06:37 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Stoney I can't believe you are considering getting a dog - I know how much they frightened you at one time. What about Shadow? Maybe a geographical cure would help him get off the Benadryl lol. Seriously I think it's a great idea. That first dog pic looks scary.

Meeting tonight was good. Gonna hit a closed meeting tomorrow I think. It's cooled off here and it's quite nice out - and I love sleeping with the windows open but curled under the blankets. Brisk!
Old 08-27-2009, 07:17 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Been busy here too. It's going to take some getting use to to get up at 5:30 am. But one more day and I will have finished my first week of esthetician school. So far so good.

I love the pic of the dog blinking stoney. What kind of dog are you thinking of? I highly suggest a beagle. They are wonderful dogs with big personalities.

Well, I just wanted to quickly check in. I'm going to bed.

I wish SR had an iPhone app. It would make it much easier to keep in touch with ya'll on my phone.

Later gators!
Old 08-27-2009, 07:42 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Just in from meeting and then detox. I'm so glad I went, I am very tired but detox after speaker mostly everyone there had time in AA and went back out. It was good for me to see and hear all of them tonight.

Stone, that Shephard is so beautiful. I always had German Shephards growing up. I remember someone sharing once that dogs are God spelled backwards because their love is the same Unconditional. That kinda stuck with me.

Tanya almost 1 week down already, that's great.

Good night everyone, even though you are all probably sleeping already. See you in the morning.

TGIF
Old 08-27-2009, 07:57 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Well done on getting through your first week of school, Tan - I hope you are learning lots and enjoying yourself, too!

Hey Bee - you sound like a tired lady tonight. Yes as hard as it is to see folks from AA go out, I'm so glad when they make it back. It takes what it takes for each of us, I guess.

I second the vote for a Beagle. Though mine is fat and crapped in my closet the other day, and though she ran off not long ago and nearly got hit by a train, and despite the fact that I got in a power struggle with her the other day over a pancake (for the love of pete!) and never mind that she hogs the covers and wants out seven hundred times a day, she's a lovely pet. Just lovely.

HA!

I'm going to bed - nighters friends.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:04 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

It is only big dogs I was ever scared of, and not surprising since I was menaced by 3 guard dogs once. If a big dog goes for ya, you are effed!

The dog in the pic isn't a German Shepard, it is an Akita crossed with a Mastiff, it is a lot heavier than a Shepard. The lil dog is a Shitzu.

Beagle eh, hmm not sure. I am drawn to a German Shepard or a husky dog, like Nelco's. Or maybe one of those mongrel dogs that look like they should be called "scamp". lol
Old 08-28-2009, 01:04 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Power struggle over a pancake, lol.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:42 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Good morning.

Stone I sent you a pm and you ignored me and now my feelings are hurt!!!! (sorry its an honest program)

The Husky is adorable and I would even get one again BUT my husband says too much work with them........grooming for the samoyed is a big job and he needs constant mental stimulation. They need long walks and a lot of attention. I do most of that except at weekends when my hubby does it, so I know. He can pull heavy items so he needs a proper run and house. We had him in a large kennel when he was a puppy and on a chain (when we went out) but he ended up pulling the kennel and chain around the garden. He lives in a very large run now. we have half an acre, so he has plenty of room but he still needs a walk with me every day. Our husky was with us when I drank. He was a puppy. My hubby was just sober. He s 12 and ammends were made there for the days he did not het his walk. He is very special.
We also a miniture yorkie, as you know. I could write a full page on the cuteness of her. she is like a baby and sooooooooooo special. very easy to mind but does demand attention if I am on the phone or sr. One go on one week or ten days hols at a time because too special to leave any longer. Have to have a family member move in when I go cause she is too special to put in kennel. (all my own stuff of course)

MY son says he would love one of those huskys with the blue eyes and I must say they are fab

my nephew was attacked by a german shepard when we was a child and also has a big issue with dogs Stone, but can handly smaller dogs
Old 08-28-2009, 01:46 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

sorry about the massive picture rusty!!
Old 08-28-2009, 02:14 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Ok now Im off to the dentist...yuck!! bye everyone!
Old 08-28-2009, 02:21 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

LOL, big pic! Beautiful dog.

Nelcs, I remember replying to you, I remember what I said....but when I go to "sent items" in my PM's it isn't there!

I shall reply again now.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:39 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Here is good tool to resize photos!

IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide