Notices

Living in Sobriety Part 10

Old 08-13-2009, 12:33 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

feeling some better. slept a bit. still sober.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:55 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I am glad you are feeling a bit better, Least.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:41 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Morning. I got up at 11 pm to make pancakes, I was so hungry. I slept like a baby lol.

Telly/Anna! Welcome to LIS! Man but I've missed you!

Least I'm glad you're feeling a little better this morning.

I gotta get ready for work - gotta meet the parents at the airport this afternoon I'm so excited.

Have a great day everyone. talk soon xoxo
Old 08-13-2009, 03:44 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Morning everyone, and welcome to LIS Tellus.

I didnt sleep to good last night, not sure why. I am tired now but I am sure I shall live. I am almost certain no one every died from been tired.
I will go out in the air today and work with the soil.planting some shrubs and flowers I got. This is very good for me spiritually and keeps me close to my Hp.
I am very grateful to be sober today!

Goes hand in hand with Nelsie and her magnetic belt!
first the sheep now this!!! LIzzy why are you doing this...your destroying me!!....

people .....its all lies and once again I can explain.........lol
Old 08-13-2009, 03:45 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

HI Rowan.....is Shadow in detox??
Old 08-13-2009, 04:01 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Good Morning LIS'ers..........

When I opened my eyes this morning, I actually stopped and had to think about yesterday, Did I really have a job or was I imagining it. It reminded me of when using when I woke up, did this really happen or was I dreaming it. It felt really weird that feeling. But I did not use, I do have a job, and I have another interview today. I AM SO FRIGGIN SOBER AND GRATEFUL I CAN SCREAM IT FROM THE HILLS ARE ALIVE WITH THE SOUND OF MUSIC, lol. It just ended up going there couldn't help it.

Wow, Hi Tellu, glad you are joining us. As for it being a cool thread, ABSOLUTELY, because Dee's here, um, I have to think about that one

It could possible be the coolest because it is so Positive!!!!! Kinda like when you get together with good friends over a cup coffee and just bullsh*t about everything that has been going on in your life and how your recovery is going. It really is cool.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:14 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

MORNING BEE!!!!

YouTube - James Brown - E I Feel Good
Old 08-13-2009, 04:26 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Hi Nel. And yes I FEEL GOOD!

I was invited down the shore for a "girl's luncheon" at my cousins, with a day in the hot tub and at first I was going to go, BUT, thinking about it now I'm not so sure. First of all, I know they will probably be drinking with lunch and probably while in hot tub, Second, I have a committment on Saturday morning that I must keep, Third, I actually think this has come as a test and I am not willing to lose all I have. If it were just me and my cousin or her family I would have no problem with it, but I know they will probably be partying all day. My cousin has been begging me to come down and I really do miss her and want to see her, but I don't think that will be a good enviroment to walk into and hang around in. I have been invited back down there the last week of August for her dad's 70th birthday and then it will be okay, family will be around, not just drinking with the gals for a day, and I can then get someone to take my committment just for one time.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:35 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Sounds like you know what to do Bee, your gut is talking to you anyway, or call it your HP. On a more positive note, its very nice that your cousin is begging you to join them and you have so many people around you now who love you..I remember a while ago you were feeling like it was all for nothing and you felt lonely (this was just before your birthday) ............DO YOU FEEL LIKE THAT NOW!!!!! I bet you dont.

There is so much in the saying...This too shall pass!! also feelings are just that........feelings. They wont kill us. Whats happeniing you now is real and happening!!!
Old 08-13-2009, 04:51 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

You are so right Nel, my eyes smiled when I read that. I do remember feeling that way and it wasn't so long ago. Yes this too shall pass, just as this joy I feel today will pass to make way for something else whether good or bad, that too shall pass.

Funny this stuff has been around for ages and yet we still don't believe it works sometimes and try to change it around to benefit ourselves. Comes right back to what has been going on in my head the pass few days "HOW IT WORKS" Rarely have we seen a person fail, That has THOROUGHLY followed our path.....

What we live, when we get through the bad, is how another gets through their difficulties, it shows me and others that all will be well, just give it time, if he brought us to it, he will get us through it.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:54 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Oh and by the way, my legs are still killing me lol. Its raining again here today so no bike ride, maybe a walk later. Last night the weather was so bad, we had some trees in the area come down. I have lots of branches in my yard and I didn't even look around the house yet.

Ro, did you mow your parents lawn yesterday?
Old 08-13-2009, 04:57 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

not so long ago you reminded me of the same thing!! Remember when My hubbys business was slowing down and I was worrying about money.......you said "**** all that I am unemployed and my Hp has provided, you need to let go of that stuff" It was hard but you were right.

BTW that same week someone asked me to help them through the steps and through that I forgot about ME!!! It happened again at my HG last night. He wants me busy for a reason. I trust my Hp.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:08 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Nel, that is when I am most out of myself and my problems, when I help another. We all are helping each other here and we were all put here by not by accident. All of us have been put in each others lives for a reason. I don't question it either, I am really enjoying all of it. Yes, some days are worse than others, but most days are better than others. Its just when in the darkness you feel so all alone, but then you feel a hand or a word that guides you through it into the light. We are so blessed to be in recovery, to have so many teachers, to be teachable, I know while in my addiction, there was nothing, absolutely nothing anyone could teach me because I just plain ole didn't want to hear it.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:24 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Weather calm here so I am going out....Catch ya later Bee and good luck today with the interview. x

IO............ i almost forgot

Enjoy catching up with the Parents Rowan....( dont mention shadow just yet, no need to worry them )

Lizzy............stop tellin fibs about me!!

everyone else..............your all here to teach me something so thanks !!!!
Old 08-13-2009, 05:54 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Hi Nelsie...you are kidding...right?....I'm always just funnin you cuz I love you all (and in this case, i was meant to be funnin' Ro) , but, IF IN ANY WAY, I am offending you...I'll stop. Promise.

I want to laugh with you all in person so much, I am having a hard time letting THAT go....

Hi Tellus!

I could have SWORN you were from NZ or Australia, Dee! No matter. Whatever day/time you are here with us, it is a good day/time!
Old 08-13-2009, 06:06 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Lisabeth, of course Nel is kidding honey

I'm getting ready to leave for interview, hair curled...check, makeup on...check, clothes on lol....check, prayers said....check, okay looks like I'm all set.

Fingers crossed, and you're eyes screwed tight Lisabeth.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:35 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

[QUOTEHideorSeek) Hi Nelsie...you are kidding...right?....I'm always just funnin you cuz I love you all (and in this case, i was meant to be funnin' Ro) , but, IF IN ANY WAY, I am offending you...I'll stop. Promise.

I want to laugh with you all in person so much, I am having a hard time letting THAT go....
LIZZY!!:wtf2 Of course I am kidding. I was laughing my head off writing that stuff.
believe me I am not a touchy person anymore! I love a bit O' fun!! I wish we could hear tone!! I really enjoy banter and dont take life too serious.......so carry on......................please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now back to the garden cause if I stay here I will lose another hour. Just gave yorkie a bath.......she is sooooooooooooooooooooo beautiful!!

BEE You show em!!!!

Will be back to hear how you got on....
Old 08-13-2009, 06:44 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Nelsie...whew..wiping brow... I'm happy now!

Bee...go get them girl! Will be waiting to hear, with eyes screwed shut and baited breath (just HOW do I "bait" my breath???!!! It doesn't have anything to do with putting a fish in my mouth, do you think? I'm remembering the whole "codpiece discussion"...Even so, FOR YOU BEE, I'd DO IT!)

Smooches!

lizzy
Old 08-13-2009, 07:08 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Nelly, upsetting people again?
Old 08-13-2009, 07:28 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Nah, Stoney...just me being my usual insecure self....How are you feeling today, my friend!