# 341 (permalink)  
Administrator

Friday the 13th Gyps

Have a good one, Vee Vee

D
Old 11-13-2009, 05:39 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

So it is... hadn't looked at the calendar yet today. Won't know about the xrays til later on today. For a few days now he put me on 'bed rest',which is a laugh, considering how the kids don't give a damn how sick I am if they need a ride of favor. I told them only emergencies for the next few days as I'm not supposed to be doing anything strenuous.

Didn't sleep well last night, kept waking up. So perhaps a long nap this morning with the dogs. Back hurts too much to do anything else today but sleep...
Old 11-13-2009, 08:20 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  
not a greeter

So far so good Dee. Nothing Friday the 13ish happening here. Yet .

Taught 2 classes... saw my brother at the post office and home now for 2 hours. Then I go to school and teach my 4th grade sons class yoga and starting this week, every other week teach my 5th grade sons class again. I don't get paid for that but it's fun and any chance to mortify my children is always worth it to me . Then a few more hours at home...teach another class (power woot!) this evening at the gym. This is my regular Friday routine. Not very busy am I?

Need to write out some checks and pay some bills. Grrr... hate doing that. Takes so long, so many bills.

Try and rest the back leasty .
Old 11-13-2009, 09:58 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  
IO Storm

D!

KK!

Least!

Barb!

Gyps!

This is where you've all been hanging out...lol

And welcome back Nikky.

:ghug2: all

I plan to come back and visit....the lighter side...

When's the poll...BPL...?
Old 11-13-2009, 09:59 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  
IO Storm

And yeah....Where's Stoney????????????????
Old 11-13-2009, 10:02 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Here I am! Dunno if I got another cold or maybe it is just a chest infection but my chest is sore, coughing and I feel pretty rough.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:26 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Stoney!!!!! :ghug3:

What my doc gave me was shot of steroid in my butt and a steroid nasal spray.

I am so much better.

Please see a doc now!

You do NOT want to get walking pneumonia...or pneumonia, period.

Take care of you, babes.

Please.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:27 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Logging off for awhile. Time to get busy here again.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:57 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

THis pains's so bad it's making me tired. I canhardly sit up straight. time for some more bed rest with the doggies. they're always glad to lie down with me... my best friends...
Old 11-13-2009, 12:18 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Yay IO's back to Bottoms. It's about frizen time :bounce!!! I hope you're resting and taking care of that French manicure. Oooo lah lah.

And stoney . What's up with the chest cold? Have you been to the doctor? You don't need bronchitis or walk pneumonia or somfin. Take care of it babes.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:28 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  
not a greeter

4 classes down... I more to go .

The vinyasas at 6 and 9:30 are challenging for me to teach since they're faster than hatha but can't be quite so powerful and difficult so finding that balance to tone down my go go go is so hard for me. Unless I am already in hatha mode, which is a slower less flowy pace. Power is vinyasa too but with all of the challenging poses thrown in. Which reminds me... I should add a hanumanasana (fwd split) and scorpion (arm balance like headstand with the head off the floor tho) to keep them on their toes.

Kids classes went well. 4th grade is coming along so that we could do the "every one picks their favorite pose" and we all do it circle that I sometime do so the kids can have some control over what we're doing. I get to chillax and not have to string together poses that way too so it's easier for me . They have learned quite a lot of poses so far this year and it's only once a week plus we've skipped a few due to shortened school weeks, holidays etc. Very nice today.

And I got Detention Boys class back :bounce. Man those kids need me! They have lost all of the flexibility progress we made last year but they remembered every pose. I threw a lot of asanas at them today to get them back into the swing of it. The teacher had never done yoga ever before... and he was pretty good with keeping up. They were all groaning at some of the poses. To me that's a good class. He said he needed to go home and tell his wife it was way harder than he thought it would be and how out of shape he is lol!

Great day so far. Even with this cold cold rain.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:06 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Was so tired this evening on the way to teach. I felt as though I was falling asleep driving. When I got to the parking lot I started to doze off so I went in to make sure I didn't. I was thinking class was going to drag in and be horrible but it turned out so well. It was challenging, people sweating and groaning... some at the asanas some at my sense of humor . My children's pediatrician was in the class tonight. The gym is part of a hospital chain so it's not uncommon to see a lot of our doctors there. He and his wife usually come to my Sunday morning Hatha... he came to power alone for the 1st time. After getting the feeling that it might be getting kind of hard I toned it down. Don't want to kill our pediatrician... he's a good doctor and the kids all like him .

I really don't see why they thought jumping forward right onto crow from downward dog was a bit much. Luckily I hung it both time I demo'd it. Way better than when I miss it.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:07 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Someone is acting a disco stick again. I don't like the way he's barking at me and the kids. Time to breathe and ignore it.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:25 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  
not a greeter

I don't know if you all realize I have 3 years of alcohol free time racked up but I just thought I'd let you know. I can't celebrate it with anyone really since Damon doesn't support me here, my endeavors or accomplishments. To me this is an accomplishment... to him it's just another day.

ME!!! It is all about me after all isn't it ?!
Old 11-13-2009, 07:35 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm very proud V.

In all seriousness, it takes a lot of commitment to do this right, especially when life doth sucketh, and without a lot of real world support...and you have - so you should be proud too

D
Old 11-13-2009, 08:12 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Cheers to you Vee! Three years is quite an accomplishment! Especially considering how little partner support you have...

The vicodin wore off so time for another. Then more sleep. Sleeping is the only time my back doesn't hurt.
Old 11-14-2009, 06:43 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i'm proud of YOU, suzi quatro!

i missed WINDEX friday ...
Old 11-15-2009, 05:22 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  
Im not crazy and neither am I

congrats V.
:day1
Old 11-15-2009, 06:40 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  
let it grow!

wake up idiots!

i have an election idea...maybe later in the week. stay tuned!
Old 11-15-2009, 09:49 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Oh, Gyps...

:

Congrats on 3 whole years of sobriety!

You've done frizen well, my girl, you've done frizen well.

's