# 81 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't have any problems getting to the SMART site either Bubba

D
Old 09-06-2009, 11:38 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Day Zero

Been here before & back again...tomorrow will be day 1. Oh %$#@

Have a bunch of personal plans and goals which drinking is not compatible with. I know this sounds very self-help-ish but drinking me is not authentic me. Recently discovered that most wine is fined with fish which has actually helped me more than anything to go sober again...thought I was a vegetarian but appears I have been drinking bits of shellfish...ICK!!! Apart from wine, am obsessively healthy. Sometimes I don't know who this idiot is with the glass in her hand.

Sigh
Old 09-06-2009, 11:49 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Ms Walker

I found out drinking me was not authentic me either - this place is great for helping you discover how to get back to the essential you - it certainly helped me!

Welcome to SR
D
Old 09-07-2009, 12:11 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Welcome & hi Ms Walker!

Fish? Okay, you cured me of any desire to ever drink wine again. I'm not even a vegetarian, that sounds horribly incompatible with wine.

(Unfortunately, wine isn't really my problem, but hey--one less option for relapse, right?)

I hope drinking me isn't authentic me, 'cause while admitting to being alcohol dependent is hard enough, admitting that that's all I am would really truly suck. Drinking me does have seniority though, and I'm not sure what authentic me is.

Well, liquor sales ain't stopped yet, but I doubt I'll be running out to get a bottle for the sake of getting a bottle, so I guess I'll be able to lock in 10 days. Strangely I've been in a good mood for the last two days. That's the longest sober run of good mood yet. And I'm gearing up for tomorrow... hope I have fun. If I like it, they got a discount season pass for students I might consider.

Well, take care y'all.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:27 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome Ms Walker ....

For awhile in my long history with alcohol....I tried to be a
connoisseur of wines. I went to wine tasteing...used the
correct glass for each wine..joined a Wine of the Month Club.
Actually I did perfer the taste of x over y....but
I would drink anything to get plastered....

Glad you are planning for a productive .. healthy ... sober life.
I'm certainly enjoying mine.

Please do come check in with us often
Old 09-07-2009, 04:30 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

30.... you are doing the deal
Well done on your progress!
Old 09-07-2009, 11:47 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

hi folks,
day 2 for me. Keep it up everyone. I am so glad I didn't drink last night!
Old 09-07-2009, 12:05 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Goal today is not to buy any wine
Old 09-07-2009, 12:52 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
being me

Hi everyone!

No buying alcohol for me either. I went out with friends yesterday and didn't get smashed, but didn't stay entirely sober either. Saw others get a bit out of control and am just seeing that I could find some friends that aren't going to go that far.

Happy holiday for those that are off today! Grateful to have a clear head and want to keep it that way.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:19 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Good to see a new member working towards sobriety
daisy2......Welcome to SR and our Daily Support thread
Old 09-07-2009, 08:00 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
being me

Almost didn't make it through tonight, but so glad I did. It is great to be sober now and not passing out early. I read this on the SMART website and it really helped me out. Some good questions to think about, thought I would share. What do I like about my addiction? NOTHING!! So, the answer to drinking or smoking was no.

Take care.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:12 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Ms Walker / Grrrr that's a good plan. A very good plan. (That's my plan, too )

I almost messed it up by accident--I was in the grocery store, and I almost went down the liquor aisle, I haven't been on a major grocery trip since getting sober, so with the buggy I was on autopilot, picking up everything I don't have at home. But before I got too far down the aisle, I realized where I was and turned out. I don't know what I would have done if I had actually touched a bottle.

Daisy, congratulations! Day 2 is rough still. Well, keep on, you got the right attitude...

Oh, and Carol / Dee, thanks all along. Sometimes I forget to say it.

Well, 10 1/2 now. 1/2 day now and I'll have my new second longest time sober since 1989. You know, when I write it out, it looks worse.

Hey, Carol / anyone wise on this stuff, is it normal for the shakes / sweats to come back all of a sudden on day 10? Or is it just candies / desert living? I'm torn, 'cause I been eating candies, and I'm still shaking, not like I did that day I discovered I was addicted to them, but like whiskey shakes back in the day. And my temperature is high even though I'm sitting in front of an industrial fan. And last night, I was getting some of the spasms again in my chest, my hands today. I lowered my pills from every 3 to 4 a few days ago, 5 now. Is it that? Aggh, why don't these things ever happen to me on a weekday when the doctor's around? Leave me all wondering and stressing.

Anyways, everything's on course right now with me... somehow. I'm amazed to be honest. I never thought much of internet forums, this one's keeping me improbably sober. Thou shalt not judge...

Take care y'all... Love y'all.

Last edited by thirtybubba; 09-07-2009 at 08:35 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:29 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Administrator

In my experience, I was always 'better' by 10 days...but pls do go and get it checked out Tuesday Bubba...

a lot of us are hypoglycemic for example - it could easily be any number of things like that

D
Old 09-07-2009, 08:47 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

30 ....I don't know .... maybe you are coming down with something?
Yes, checking with a doctor is always wise.

I caught a terrible cold in early sobriety ...I figured my
immune system was out of whack from de toxing.
Just my guess on that....I have no fact.

Way to go on steering clear of the asile of toxins.
I don't go there either.....
Non drinkers have no business shopping there.
You and I are non drinkers....

Glad to know you find SR beneficial.....it's good to have you here
Old 09-08-2009, 07:49 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Hi all and welcome MsWalker. Glad you're here! Ewww. I didn't know they used fish in wine.

I really want to get to day 10. I really want to get PAST day 10 I really want to "graduate" from this thread.

Stay strong. Stay sober.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:24 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Well, what is it now, 11 1/2 days. I'm the silver medalist of my longest time sober ever, well since I started drinking/ getting high (the latter was back in the day, gave it up no problem when I was ?19). Yeeeehaaaaaawwwww. *awards self silver medal*

Got into it with the guy at the testing center--they say I paid too long ago. I ain't paying twice. So now I have to take another class, if they'll have me, which will actually cost me more.

AboveItAll, I hear you. Day 5 was "over the hump" for me though, day 10 is just me going along for the ride, with a perplexed look on my face. I still have no idea what I'm doing in doing this. Or where I'm going.

'Course I spent 20 years doing that, anyways, so meh. Floating along...

My roommates are now my biggest trigger, which is odd 'cause until they started up, everything else was a trigger. I used to wake up with a shot and go to sleep with about half a fifth, so waking up is a trigger, going to class / time between class is a trigger, bored / sad / happy is a trigger, lonely nights/weekends are a trigger... Etc. Only now, I don't have all those other triggers, just roommates. I reckon that's good, 'cause I had a lot of them. But roommates are on their own mood schedule, which makes it maddening.

Oh yeah, I almost hit the bar earlier 'cause i realized they had moved my papers around--they shouldn't even be in my room much less reading my things. And I figured I had beat my record by a few hours. I'm not real bright sometimes.

Got over it by tidying up every little detail of college except the graduation office people. Hit probably 15 departments. All in a frantic row. And I found out an old paper of mine counts as a whole requirement, so I got way less to do to graduate.

11.5 days. Who would have thought that? But now I'm starting to wonder again why exactly I was doing this. One day at a time, it just looks like a lot forever. I don't know. I really don't know anything anymore. I have entered the twilight zone.

I guess I oughtta just hush and go back to reading all these overpriced books and staying on top of everything--not let it get out of hand like I sometimes do. Then I just have to back and fix it.

Oh, and dr says it was stress unless it comes back--love them dr's. I've been okay today.

Anyways, that's the ramblings of me for today. Take care y'all. Stay sober.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:31 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

30......Why are you doing the sober deal?

Maybe it's kinda like college?
It's all about learning ways to improve your future
about being the very best person you can be....

I know alcohol does do damage to your brain and body.
I know it is a liquid toxin.
That is true for every drinker..not only alcoholics.

Forward is the correct direction.....
Old 09-09-2009, 09:03 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
being me

Hi all -
Evening of day 3 for me. I went to a f2f SMART meeting last night and it was interesting. I think just the commitment of going is good for me right now. I just left an opportunity to hang out and drink with my new softball team. I need to learn how to say no in those circumstances again. I succeeded tonight and am committed to staying on this sober path.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:16 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Administrator

saying no is a very good thing grrr
it gets easier the more you use that 'no muscle' too

D
Old 09-10-2009, 12:43 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Yay, Grrrr, on the saying no. I've been having to a lot lately, too, first weeks of college ho boy. Dee's right, one of the 132532 things I never would have believed, it does get easier the more you do it. One more day for you.

How/ what was the SMART meeting like? I'm curious...

Not sure if it was that site, or what, but I've been radio silent 'cause my (brand new) laptop crashed this morning, starting with Mozilla and falling like dominos. Took me till noon to get it back up, then I had all those classes. Can't tell you how mad I was. No internet, and I don't think I'd last long--not just this site, but other sites occupy me when there's nothing else to do.

Carol, I started the sobriety thing 'cause I failed a blood sugar test, and told the doctor why. She gave me the pills to come down, one day I decided to stop drinking. Drunken whim, really. Why I'm still sober, well, curiosity I guess. Everybody keeps talking on and on about how great it is, I wanna see too.

Admittedly not the best reasons for quitting ever given.

Heck, I was fine with the whole it's-gonna-kill-you thing and a whole lot more.

I suppose it'd make me a better person. So far, my interpersonal relations have not been stellar... Don't get me wrong, I don't object with the concept of sobriety and don't think I ever have. I just don't think I can do it forever. That opinion may change, it's happened before--with proof. And I want to enjoy life...

Yeah, I think I'm headed forward. I'm not sure, 'cause wherever I am, I have never been before, so I can't tell direction. I'm a high school dropout headed to grad school, alcohol dependent for most my life suddenly sober, lived alone on my own and now among high school mentality girls. Probably more. Oh yeah, known poverty/working class all my life, now I live in the suburbs. They tell me it's forward. Sometimes I'm not so sure. It's less fun nowadays, pretty much across the board.

Anyways, gonna be 13 1/2 days right now. Wow. I write the day every day--so I don't forget like last time, mostly--and looking at that one makes me think I'm congratulating someone else, a-thinking, you know that's a whole lot of days without alcohol... more than I could ever do...

Just noticed: Tomorrow at 5:01pm PST I'll have MORE than TWO WEEKS sober.