Notices

Living in Sobriety Part 8

Old 07-25-2009, 07:38 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

My fave food! Hi Tan.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:41 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I've taken periodic 'breaks' myself from the forum. It's good for me. I've learned the hard way not to let emotionalism get in the way of things - hesitate and meditate and all that. Wow I think my meds are working.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:53 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Yea, it is easy to get carried away emotionally on forums for some reason. I am sure if we were all together face to face there would be less problems, eye contact and stuff are important in not taking things the wrong way etc. Even the 12 step forum might be less argumentative!
Old 07-25-2009, 12:07 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hey My Friends!

Hubby and I are still off in Wonderland with a miniscule laptop, making for difficult reading and posting, but I wanted to check in...welll...becasue I've missed you all.

I think that everyone would agree (?) that this thread could be subtitled "Living in the Solution". Each of us has had our challenges: Ro's medication, Bee's son and job search, Least's kids, Nel'sBell's chicks, Stoney's mood changes and IQ's mum and sis, to name ONLY a few. We have fced these obstacles, asked for input, considered our own circumstances and shared our individual solutions. Like the weeding that seeems to plague many of us, each of us has gone about coping in differentways. Some start with the tall weeds, some the small ones, but thend result is the same: we have accomplished our goal. I for one, have benefitted enormously from SR in general, as well as this thread in particular,becasue you have all taught me that there are MANY ways to approach a problem and just as many viable solutions. The key is that I activelyseek the solution, rather than avoid or wallow in the problem.

Just as important as the serious stuff,I also value the banter. It makes me feel NORMAL and able to laugh at myself. In the "real" world, I often feel different, so feeling normal and safe here is vital to my wellbeing.

Please, i beg each of you, let's not let this thread die. It's MY knee jerk reaction, as an alcoholic, to shrink from conflict and even avoid resolution (so I can comfort myself with resentment). But that's he point after all, isn't it? Learning to live with and manage conflict,accept differences,value honesty and be honest ourselves and to humbly embrace our teachability.

So, my friends, can we do this here, too as well as in the rest of our lives? You are too valuable to me to lose....

lizzy
Old 07-25-2009, 12:32 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi Hos, nice post. I hope the thread gets moving again too.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:37 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Dearest Lizzy! :ghug3:

Good to see you..

I'm not upset 'bout nuthin'..lol. I've just spead myself a little too thin..see, I am all over

SR. Have been since 3/17/07..when I got my PC.

I do need to go now, though.

My sober gf called awhile ago..my room friends..invited me to the movies.

Yay! I needed to get out. I did service work for my Sis...and there are other things

I haven't mentioned..but my HP knows to take care of me.

An outing is just the ticket for me today!

So I need to get going!

Lizzy..

You are important to everyone here, too.

I doubt the thread will die..no worries.

Hugs to all who log on later.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:38 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Hey Stoney bear..

Bye.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:45 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi Sher.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:11 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Great post, Lizard-breath, thanks.

Hope you see a great movie, Sis. It's a rainy day here, perfect for a movie.

I went to a meeting then spent an hour at the library. I have some concentration again so it was nice to not stumble blindly about. I actually sat down to look at pictures of Michelangelo's art and that made me feel good. I am reading his biography and just had to see his sculptures, and his painting. It was a nice way to spend the afternoon.

Just finished a chicken sammich. I might tuck into bed and dl a movie. Might not.

Prolly hit another meeting later, with a friend.

Had my first Seroquel med last night and I slept like a contented baby. A bit tired now but that's okay. I feel good inside.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:19 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
I feel good inside.
:ghug3
Old 07-25-2009, 07:09 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Went to another meeting tonight it was good. Now I am eating a small carton of Ben and Jerry's 'Half Baked'

Life is good.

I like being sober.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:12 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Ah Ro, I am indulging in 4 scoop hagen Daz myself.....Dulce de leche and Pralines and cream..........
Old 07-25-2009, 07:16 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Yummy!

Enjoy your treat.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:43 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Good Morning everyone

Nice to see you back Lizabeth, and eating Ice Cream with Ro to boot. Hope you had a nice time with the hubby.

Ro, glad the med's are finally leveling out for you.

I needed a break but an addiction is an addiction, and this was one that I just won't quit.

I am grateful today that there is a place where positive living can be shared and has always been shared.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:52 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Just got back from the store and went pass the tree where the lady died last week. That cross that was put there is a reminder to me of Just how precious life is and just how quickly it can be over. To think that in my addiction, life didn't matter at all, I thought it did but now I see that I was just wasting away, treating life like I was owed something, poor me. I am so glad that I am here today, I treasure my life today, through the good and the bad, the happy and the sad. It truly is a gift and one that I am enjoying by ever so gently and slowly tearing away at the wrapping paper and ribbons a little each day to see what in inside that is in store for me.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:30 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
let it grow!

Originally Posted by tanyapmc View Post
BACON
Old 07-26-2009, 08:34 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

The hard life of a dog. 7 lbs and a king size bed.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:12 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hi everyone.

Glad your feeling better Ro.

Believe you asked me on the last part if i was still on the other game site. Yes, I am. I recently won 124 crystals the other day. I'm addicted to a new game i found over there. It's called "Klick,klack, & roll".

Originally Posted by parentrecovers View Post
everyone please #1 behave and #2 keep comin' back!

signed,

bossy polling place lady

Yeah, what ma said.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:54 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I'm gonna check out that game, Barb. I'm addicted to Pyramid these days. Well done on your win that's awesome!

It's good to see you back on the thread, Donna. I couldn't make out the pic you posted, it's so small and I need stronger glasses. Yes, indeed, life is a gift. A girl I used to work with - I think I shared this - her husband was killed Friday morning in a car accident. They have two kids, 12 and 17. Good solid marriage by all accounts. Stuff like this saddens me and makes me ask, 'why?' but there really are no answers for this stuff. It's called Life, I suppose.

Gonna drink a giant coffee now and play some games, then might clean. Thunderstorm earlier and supposed to rain for much of day.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:58 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Gonna go try it out Scaredy, thanks for the tip.

Went out to pull weeds but sky opened and started to pour. Oh well, another day.

Ro, I don't know how to make it bigger, maybe I'll try later to figure it out.