Notices

Living in Sobriety Part 7

Old 07-19-2009, 01:41 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Old 07-19-2009, 01:41 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

I can't use something like that, I need music in the background, thanks anyway Ro.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:44 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Yeah Stoney like that one, what's the you tube name for it, I tried to click on properties but it just has embedded code. I want to try to find something like that on Frostwire to download to my ipod.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:05 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I was gonna do that meditation you posted, Stone, but stopped after listening to it for a minute. I realized it would make me sleepy and I don't want to nap today since I'm up early tomorrow and need to be able to sleep later. I'll make sure I listen to it using my laptop and headphones in bed later. It looks good.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:06 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Hey gang :ghug2:

Wow..took me 1/2 hour to read the last day and a half of LIS, really.

Wasn't here yesterday at all.

Alanon early in the morning.. then AA convention planning meeting at 1:00, then

Public Information meeting at 3:00...it was 116 here, too.

Took a nap when I got home, exhausted. More tired than my 84 year old mama.

Lol. But service work sure felt gooooood!!!!

Donna)))) Glad your boy got home safely...I love what you said about your kids, too.

There was a time when I called my children names when I was so sick...oh, if I could

take it all back. The real "mama" never would never that. Our disease does wicked

things to us... they know that now, but it sure hurt then..when they were younger.

Sis)))

You sound so good...especially yesterday! lol

But it will go in, and out. I recall Prozac...It felt as if my brain was being "squeezed"..

but it worked very fast on the depression. 10 days, actually.

Stoney)))

Please re-read "More About Alcoholism"...just for me, ok? You may be sick of it..but

you know this where they speak of the "smashing home" the idea of how we cannot

ever drink normally again. You might be sick of the 'whiskey with milk" story..well, skip

it! Just read the concepts presented. We read this in my Women's meeting Thursday

in our Book study, and I never, ever tire of reading it. It could have been written

about me. Pretty please? :ghug2:

Hugs to everyone logging on later...

Live In Sobriety today, peeps!

We Rock!
Old 07-19-2009, 02:08 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Ro you won the challenge on the other site, I did very poorly, haven't been keeping up with it. I've been trying to catch MG here with mahjong. Making me crazy trying.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:13 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I hate the mahjongg here the rules are weird you aren't supposed to be able to move tiles that are under other ones so it messes me up!
Old 07-19-2009, 02:16 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IO Storm View Post
Stoney)))

Please re-read "More About Alcoholism"...just for me, ok? You may be sick of it..but

you know this where they speak of the "smashing home" the idea of how we cannot

ever drink normally again. You might be sick of the 'whiskey with milk" story..well, skip

it! Just read the concepts presented. We read this in my Women's meeting Thursday

in our Book study, and I never, ever tire of reading it. It could have been written

about me. Pretty please? :ghug2:

Check this out, I posted it in the AA forum yesterday, it is about the whiskey in the milk etc, lol.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ank-spots.html

I was always familiar with it but I have deepened my identification with it.

And tomorrow, since you asked I will re-read the whole chapter, it is a good idea.

Love ya! :ghug3
Old 07-19-2009, 02:17 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi all!

Bee, that's GREAT about your son...I know that has been weighing on you! And no more WEEDS, either!!!!

Ro, I'm sorry that you are not up to snuff (that's a funny phrase come to think about it...does it harkon back to the old snuff box age, ya' think)...anyways, it's GREAT news about your doc appts...maybe they can fix this, or maybe it just needs to run it's course....Thanks for the meditation tape!

Stoney, you and I are in the same buddhist boat it seems. I ran into the woman I spoke of yesterday at the morning meeting. I was late as usual. She pulled me aside and basically said, if I'm going to be your sponsor, you need to be on time and I want to do the 4th and 4th by such and such a date. WOW, I was a little taken aback becasue apparently we got our signals mixed...I never "heard" her say she would be my sponsor (just that we would do these 2 steps b4 I leave in the fall), nor had I agreed to meet her before the meeting. I told her I would "see" her at the meeting, but that was it in my mind. Well, I was horrified. First, I really like this woman and have known her for quite some time and me, being me, felt like it wasn't a great start to a more formal (or structured) relationship. Well, she said SHE evidently wasn't clear and we staightened everything out. Then she outlined her/my timetable and what her expectations are. Honestly....now I am scared and feel defensive. I have been "doing" AA for several years, but have never had an active sponsor (we play telephone tag...I have not SEEN her in 18 mos...we do different meetings). Admittedly I have run my own show with going to meetings where and when I want, doing meditation, yoga, SR, etc. Now I feel I will be more....accountable I guess... to someone other than me and my HP. I could FEEL the defiance and resistance in me. In the past, I would have just "Yes-ma'am'd" her and NOT said what I thought. I felt good, today, that I told her how I was feeling and that I valued our relationship enough to be honest with my feelings (this is a BIG leap for me). I like AA, but I am not a AA or no way person. As I said, I have done my own thing and I definitely resist someone TELLING me how/when and where. Well, at least I told her how I felt, because, if I am not candid, there really is no point. But I think my age old companion...FEAR....came out today and my toddler too. I don't wanna...

I've got to mull this over some more...but thanks for reading this diatribe ...:wtf2

lizzy
Old 07-19-2009, 02:23 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Hey Liz..
Old 07-19-2009, 02:25 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Stoney,

That gave me the chills. Coincidence? What do you think? I have tears in my eyes now..

blown away, your thread I just read. Speechless. Nuff said.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:28 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

just that we would do these 2 steps b4 I leave in the fall
the 4th and 5th steps?

She wanted them done by a date? But if you want them done before the fall, then you do need a sort of date don't you? It does seem a bit off, telling you to be on time for meetings...a bit of a red flag for controlling.

Maybe she is too controlling or too drill-sergeant for you.....maybe that would be OK for now to get you through these steps though?
Old 07-19-2009, 02:28 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IO Storm View Post
Stoney,

That gave me the chills. Coincidence? What do you think? I have tears in my eyes now..

blown away, your thread I just read. Speechless. Nuff said.

Nuff said.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:34 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Lizabeth, don't get mad but I think your HP is doing for you what you could not do for yourself. This lady who you really liked might be someone to get your program rev'd up a little more, I don't think I would discount her just yet. For me, when I am stagnant, and most times I don't even know it, my HP sends someone around to give me the push I need to move on. I know for myself, I need discipline and accountability.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:35 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I think I might be coming out of my weird mood, I will know when I wake up tomorrow.
I am just grateful and glad that I am going to bed sober tonight. I think I will go to bed now.

There has been some great posts here today, it has been a big help.
:ghug2
Old 07-19-2009, 02:36 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Believe808 View Post
This lady who you really liked might be someone to get your program rev'd up a little more, I don't think I would discount her just yet.
That is what I was trying to say.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:41 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

There has been some great posts here today, it has been a big help.
That's what sobriety is all about Stoney, one alcoholic helping another.

Good night. I believe tomorrow will be a bright day for you. Have some beautiful dreams my friend.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:46 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Liz..

I understand where you are coming from.

I was full of fear..and mistrust, especially toward women in the program.

I never worked well with a sponsor before. Never really honest with any of them...

Until now. I told this one as much, and she said.."I am here to be of help in any way

I can." And I knew, that after I threw that at her, and she didn't reject me...it

would be okay, that I could trust her. I have..for two years now.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:56 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Hello everyone ........and once again great sharing this evening. Can anyone..... BELIEVE (lol)....we are on 7 already. A lot of living.

Stone I am not going to worry about you until I see you post lots of answers with smilies or talk of lots of naps. If you are doing the suggested things like you said you are then you will be ok. You have to trust that hp you are trying to turn your will and life over too.
Rowan I am sorry you are a little unbalanced and hopefully it is just the meds kicking into your system. You got a lot done lately and were very busy yesterday with the guests and stuff, maybe its just that old feeling of "aftershock" we are so used to for years. the party is over what now feeling. Of course I could be totally wrong but I sometimes identify that one in myself after a get together I have been preparing for or am anxious about.
Believe......I am so delighted about your little darling, you must be so relieved. That was such a good chance to say those things to him. The opportunities that hp puts our way.
Lizzy....I couldn't possible comment on that one, not knowing the people involved,but just going on what you have said....I think your gut is a good place to start. You need to be comfortable with the person you are doing these steps with. I would not like to have a dead line either, a guide line yes . Ask your Hp for guidance here. I think you did great saying it to her. Its nice when we can be assertive and not aggressive and one of the bonuses of sobriety.
ME.....I spend the day gardening with hubby. I smell of cut grass and am looking forward to have a bath. There is a lot of gardening to do with all the rain and warm weather there is a lot of growth. I did a load of laundry too and now I have lots of Ironing. My son is going to go do his grandmothers garden tomorrow on his day off and I am proud of him for that. Its a good drive away. She is 89. hubbys side.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:08 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

I commend all of you when you can post regarding everyone's posting. I can't remember things and have to post then re post, then repost again. Some of us are sicker than others, and that's me lol.