did we frighten parentrecover away stone, with our wisdom?? oh dear
Yea, couple of know-alls aint we?
Old 07-09-2009, 02:23 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Sorry K.
Old 07-09-2009, 02:30 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Think I just fell asleep sitting up in my desk chair. Just woke up and an hour had passed. Am feeling quite 'unreal', maybe will take a nap for a bit.
Old 07-09-2009, 02:34 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Yea, couple of know-alls aint we?
lol Im sorry too k
Old 07-09-2009, 02:36 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Am feeling quite 'unreal', maybe will take a nap for a bit
I hate that feeling least. go lie down.
Old 07-09-2009, 02:40 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Yea, nap is a good idea Least.

I might go to bed now.....
Old 07-09-2009, 02:41 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Ck just got home from her bike ride and announced she was taking pk and baby for dinner at a local restaurant. So I'm going to drive them there and pick them up. Sounds like a good idea to me. Pk said she hadn't been out of her apt in days.
Old 07-09-2009, 02:49 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Originally Posted by least View Post
Ck just got home from her bike ride and announced she was taking pk and baby for dinner at a local restaurant. So I'm going to drive them there and pick them up. Sounds like a good idea to me. Pk said she hadn't been out of her apt in days.

my prayers were answered. Thats a great idea.
Old 07-09-2009, 02:50 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

night stone..sleep well and no working the world out. just close those eyes and go!
Old 07-09-2009, 02:55 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

ok folks im off to bed. goodnight x

Believe I hope you had a good meeting. Good things are coming your way.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:49 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Damn you're all in bed already. I decided not to do 3 meetings tonight, I am mentally and physically drained. Speaker meeting was really great. One woman I had heard her tell her story once before, has 43 years sober. What a great speaker. The other one, a guy with 17 years sober, great speaker, had everyone laughing. I needed to laugh.

Called my sponsee's house and spoke with her husband, they were packing her up and taking her to rehab, Thank you God, My prayers were answered.

I wish you guys were still up but you're not, so I'm gonna just fiddle around the boards awhile, keep checking back here. Love ya and hope you get a good night sleep.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:57 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hey everyone!

I'm not going to even TRY to respond to all that has been discussed over the last 24 hours cuz I KNOW that I'd forget someone and I wouldn't hurt anyone here for the world. I missed all of you, though!

A couple of things I wanted to mention...

Bee, I'm so HAPPY that the job is looking positive. Post here THE MINUTE YOU HEAR, OK??

Least, I am HOPELESSLY confused over all these "k's"....

IQ, I'm glad you are taking your meds. You are too precious to chance it.

Nel's Bells, Stoney I just love your humor. Honest to God, when someone asked where you were, Nel, and Stoney replied "Ireland", I hooted. Both of you warm my heart.

Tan and PR, Hi!

I just know I've forgotten someone , but I read through pages and pages and pages to get to the end here. If I HAVE forgotten anyone, I'm really sorry. I blame it on my dotage....

Love you all and it's good to be back amongst friends...:ghug
Old 07-09-2009, 04:01 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hi Bee:

I'm sorry that you are feeling drained and I followed all about your sponsee. You know that you have done all that you can, though.

I'm going for a little walk, but will check back b4 bed. I will be thinking of you lots and lots, though, and keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow...

BTW, I DO NOT look like that pic that Stoney posted of the elderly women crossing her fingers...

.......my hair is HIGHLIGHTED...
Old 07-09-2009, 04:08 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Hi Elizabeth, I was wondering if you would show up today, I remember you saying you would be out most of the day. You deserve a hug sweetness :ghug3 How was your day?
Old 07-09-2009, 04:45 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Just took ck and pk-and-baby to a restaurant, then did a bit of grocery shopping. Got more chicken soup, since my stomach is bothered by anything else. Now am home waiting for them to call when they're done eating. Pk said she and baby both got a nap today, she was looking better than this morning.

On the way over ck and I had a horrific argument over her cell bill... She continues to beat me over the head with the (old) fact that her original phone was her bday present, tho I made it clear she was to pay $20 of the $30 charge for adding her to my plan. I just raised that amount by five bucks (first increase since she got her phone) and she's throwing a fit, whining and complaining and acting like a two year old. So I (again) gave her the option of taking her off my plan and getting her own plan... including a big deposit and her own monthly bill!

She did not kiss my feet and apologize for being a childish ass, but she stopped arguing and whining. She's also giving me a really hard time about taking care of my dogs while I'm in MN in August... Complaining of the work involved (feeding, insulin shots, and potty times) and how hard it will be on her... waaa waaa waaaa...

I pointed out my constant (and expensive) care of her cat while she was off in college learning everything... but that holds no weight with her selfish ass. I may have to pay big bucks to board the dogs as there's no one else who can care for them, especially diabetic boy with his special needs.

This is all a big trigger for me. I'm already depressed and worried and now to have to arrange care for my beloved dogs due to ck's selfishness just puts me in a Bad Place...

Sorry this is so long and whiny. If I didn't have SR to come to I'd be worse off than I am already.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:50 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Hi Beautiful Bee!

My day was good, thank you for asking. My hubby and I got away for the night and it felt good to connect. We still connect around the kids, but it's a different connection.

You know, it's interesting to hear about your sponsorships and your meetings. I guess they all have their flavors. The people I know in AA are all sober for a long time (3+ years up to 34 years). It's very rare (at least in my experience) to have newcomers. And if there are, they "get it" immediately. That fact kept me silent for 5 years or more, because I didn't "get it" and was too afraid to say so. I kept thinking, what's the matter with ME? Am I one of those "constitutionally incapable"?? I know that everyone's "recipe" for sobriety is different. I needed AA PLUS SR, therapy, journaling and reading. In particular, I have gotten a LOT of inspiration out of the "Woman's Guide to the 12 steps", Najavits' "Women's Addiction Workbook", and Stephanie Brown's "A place Called Self.

I guess the bottom line is that neither family, nor therapists, nor AA could MAKE me "get it". I had to find that out for myself, through many false starts. I can imagine your pain and frustration over your sponsee. I know that you want her to "get it" before something horrible happens. And you obviously are a very caring woman. But the truth is (or at least how it was for me) was that no one could help me until I was willing to BE helped and to help MYSELF.

So, that was a long answe to your question. But you know me (or you should by now . I suffer from a serious overactive thinker...
Old 07-09-2009, 04:53 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

(((((Least)))))
Old 07-09-2009, 04:58 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You don't know how much you guys' hugs mean to me...:ghug
Old 07-09-2009, 05:02 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Least, breathe it will work out, if you think back it always does.

Elizabeth, I'm glad you got away with the hubby.

My sponsee just called from the car on her way to a rehab about 3 hrs away, says she is sorry and she is really gonna work on staying sober this time. Yep, I said good I'm proud of her for going and hope she has learned a lesson, she is lucky to be alive today. Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, all the blah blah blah stuff. Well we no ****in sooner hang up and her sister calls me, she just asked her sister to stop so they can eat, she is hungry and then tells her sister to please stop at a restaurant so she can have a fu*kin drink with her meal. Her sister said let's call Donna and see what she says and then we'll do whatever she says. I know that she has to want it, I know that intellectually but damn I want to just smack the sh*t out of her. I told her sister to go to the drive thru at Burger King and if she was hungry then she would eat it otherwise, don't get her anything. I probably shouldn't have said that, but I did. I have a friggin headache, that's all I know.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:04 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Yes Least I do because they mean just as much to me when you send them my way. We are all here for the same reason honey, to help another alcoholic to achieve sobriety. We are all on the same path.