Notices

Codependency and Beyond Part 6

Old 08-10-2009, 05:40 PM
  # 521 (permalink)  

Good Morning ((Kevin))! I'm taking a break from my new and improved resume. Life was so much easier back in the days when I could easily get a job Of course that was before I screwed up as an addict, and the economy took a nosedive. Atlanta has the highest unemployment rate they've ever had, but there ARE jobs out there, according to the computer, and by God, I'm going to get one of them!!

(((Sher))) - I am SOOOO glad you are back to posting here more frequently. I miss you when you don't

As for today's reading, I STILL have a hard time with the perfectionist thing. I'm better about not expecting perfection from others, but I still have a hard time with myself. Just like on my tests at school. A 90 on a math test when I really had NO IDEA of what I was doing through most of it is pretty darned impressive, right? Nah, I get mad because it wasn't a 100. It didn't last long, as I had a little talk with myself and basically just said "um, you are not perfect, so get over it!!"

Progress, not perfection...working on that!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 08-10-2009, 06:21 PM
  # 522 (permalink)  

Hi there((Kev))!!!

((Amy)) sounds like you are pretty busy, I am really glad that Sher is posting more too!!!!

(((Grateful)) Hope your making out ok in those Thunderstorms out your way...
Old 08-10-2009, 11:35 PM
  # 523 (permalink)  

Celebrate

Take time to celebrate.

Celebrate your successes, your growth, your accomplishments. Celebrate you and who you are.

For too long you have been too hard on yourself. Others have spilled their negative energy - their attitudes, beliefs, pain - on you. It had nothing to do with you! All along, you have been a gift to yourself and to the universe.

You are a child of God. Beautiful, a delight, a joy. You do not have to try harder, be better, be perfect, or be anything you are not. Your beauty is in you, just as you are each moment.

Celebrate that.

When you have a success, when you accomplish something, enjoy it. Pause, reflect, rejoice. Too long you have listened to admonitions not to feel good about what you have done, lest you travel the downward road to arrogance.

Celebration is a high form of praise, of gratitude to the creator for the beauty of God's creation. To enjoy and celebrate the good does not mean that it will be taken from you. To celebrate is to delight in the gift, to show gratitude.

Celebrate your relationships! Celebrate the lessons from the past and the love and warmth that is there today. Enjoy the beauty of others and their connection to you.

Celebrate all that is in your life. Celebrate all that is good.

Celebrate you!

Today, I will indulge in the joy of celebrating
This is exactly what the final words of my therapist were today.....to focus on the good things about me, which I think is hard to do right now, but I was grateful to find this here thank you
Old 08-11-2009, 12:17 AM
  # 524 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SerenityGirl View Post
(((Amy))) Yes Amy, you deserve that treat, it sounds yummy...

I am glad today's reading is helpful Amy, I have a hard time asking for anything, I don't know why, for the most part people are happy to help. I usually just do things myself, instead of asking for help. I can be too independant, which is not a good thing. So I have to work on that too...I need to learn to ask for what I want and need...
I always have a hard time asking for anything, and yes I want to think I can get it for myself, take care of everything myself......always feel guilty when someone gives to me and immediately start thinking of what I can give them in return, and usually I have nothing to give them in return, takes all I bring in to meet my needs, so I usually stress about how everything will come together at the end of the month, only to see everything by the grace of God come together each month, even if it is help ffrom my sister, a friend or my church......still feel guilty and think how to repay them
:ghug2any thoughts?
Old 08-11-2009, 07:15 AM
  # 525 (permalink)  

(((Kwhims)) Thankyou for sharing that beautiful post, and welcome to our Codependency thread....
Old 08-11-2009, 07:32 AM
  # 526 (permalink)  

((Kwhims)) I am not sure what to say, but I know I need to learn to accept help from others and not feel I have to do anythings in return, but to be very thankful for their help, I also try to be there for others if they need my help. I have to be careful of my motives, because I am a people pleaser. I have done things for others to feel good about myself, to get my self-worth. But that is not the right reason to do things for others. So I am still learning myself, and starting to understand my codie-ways and what I need to change about myself. In the meantime, I like what you said about focusing on the good things about ourselves....
Old 08-11-2009, 07:45 AM
  # 527 (permalink)  

You are reading from the Language of Letting Go by Melodie Beattie

August 11

HEALING

Let healing energy flow through your body.
The healing energy of God, the Universe, life, and recovery surrounds us. It is available, waiting for us to draw on it, waiting for us to draw it in. It's waiting at our meetings or groups, on the words of a whispered prayer, in a gentle touch, a positive word, a positive thought. Healing energy is the sun, the wind, the rain, in all that is good.

Let healing energy come, Attract it. Accept it. Let it soak in. Breathe in the golden light. Exhale. Let go of fear, anger, hurt, doubt. Let healing energy flow to you, through you.
It is yours for the asking, for the believing.

Today, I will ask for, and accept, the healing energy from God and the Universe. I will let it flow to me, through me, and back our to others. I am part of, and at one with, the continuous cycle of healing.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:11 AM
  # 528 (permalink)  
Administrator

Continue:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post2327294