Notices

Living in Sobriety Part 3

Old 06-29-2009, 12:46 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I'll go try to change mine now. I'm sick of the one I have anyways!

thanks for all the kind messages about my dad in law. Quick funny story:

He has been REALLY grumpy. I think because of the pain and the pain meds. Anyway, my hubby was hanging the TV and I was sitting on the bed. I announced that I was tired. My mom in law said "well, you should lay down with your father in law" He was laying and I was sitting. He says, "you can lay down with me but YOU CAN'T snuggle with me!" He cracks me up.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:48 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hi Barb

Worked for me Rolo!
Old 06-29-2009, 12:55 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Hi tanya. Good to see you. Don't see you as much as i use to.

Hi to Ro, k, believe, too. And anyone else i missed.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:20 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Hi ...

KK :ghug3: If you pop back in...

And Barb :ghug3:

I need to eat now..starved. Famished.

Laters, dear ones.

Wait a sec..whereeere's Stoney?
Old 06-29-2009, 01:41 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Well, have a good night everyone. Just gonna relax more tonight.

Stoney- IO's calling you.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:44 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
Is the headache due to stress do you think, Bee? I hope it goes away soon. I'm not going to a meeting until my paranoia and dizziness are gone.

Has anyone tried to change their avatar recently? I keep getting a message that says 'invalid file' and that usually means a site problem.
I've been trying to put a image in my signature and keep getting that message, didn't get it with change of avatar though.

I'm not gonna touch the other thing in this quote though, cause I know you don't feel well. giving you a hug instead
Old 06-29-2009, 01:45 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Stoney, where the heck are you now?
Old 06-29-2009, 01:46 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Lol Barb...

I tend to forget time zones and Dr. appts. and meetings.

And sponsor sessions...I'm sure he'll be about.

Not worried.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:20 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Is that your yorkie in your avatar, nelco? I know I need new glasses but it's difficult to make out - I remember all-too-well the duck/goose avatar mishap, and don't wish to repeat the same mistake.
ok Rowan ...how about this one?? She is getting weighed on the kitchen scales.........very small. everyone thinks she is a puppy but she is old at almost 10. She had most of her teeth pulled last year. I noticed her chewing cusions and wondered about toothache. I was right. I hate to think of any of my animals in pain. vet bills.........I could write a book on that!! very expensive here!!

Believe.......I think you really are wearing those big girl pants out!! you are really working your stuff and facing up to lots of things. I think your great and you deserve a big clap on the back.
Hi Paperdolls. I forgot to say hello to you earlier.

HI IO although your prob gone for a tuna sandwich again.

least,Tan, parentrecovers,scardykat and any guests peeping in the window of living in sobriety.........hello
Old 06-29-2009, 02:35 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Hiya Nelcs!

Not gone yet...just spoke to my big girl granddaughter just now. I sent her some money

for her 10th bday. She received it and already bought a bicycle. Jumping up and down

for joy she is! I included a little letter with the card.."secrets from Grandma for a happy

life"..lol. She liked that, too.

Thinking about my Daddy today...he passed on this date 9 years ago. I miss him.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:39 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Originally Posted by IO Storm View Post
Hiya Nelcs!

Not gone yet...just spoke to my big girl granddaughter just now. I sent her some money

for her 10th bday. She received it and already bought a bicycle. Jumping up and down

for joy she is! I included a little letter with the card.."secrets from Grandma for a happy

life"..lol. She liked that, too.

Thinking about my Daddy today...he passed on this date 9 years ago. I miss him.
AWW.......thats so nice. dont it feel lovely doing that stuff!! Your a good person, io..
Old 06-29-2009, 02:45 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Io...I will say a little prayer for your dad today also. I never met him, but he made you and I'll thank him for your friendship.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:45 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Cute pic of the yorkie on the tiny scales! He makes my dogs look huge - and they're small dogs. Dk is off walking with friends and ck just got home, don't know what I'm going to do next, maybe make something to eat. Don't feel like doing anything, but woke up from a nap a while ago and can't go back to bed as it's too close to bedtime now. So will stay awake and do something, if only to pass the time.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:57 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

HOS...:ghug3
Old 06-29-2009, 03:11 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Ck just made pasta and shared it with me! How nice! I was hungry too. Now dinner's taken care of so will have to find something else to do til bedtime...

Might pop into Bottoms as it's quite deserted lately and don't want to see it languish and die...
Old 06-29-2009, 03:17 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hey everyone!

Whew, it took me about 30 minutes just to catch up from yesterday! Anyways, ,the flight was delayed and I didn't get in until 11 pm, but all well that ends well. Our eldest daughter picked me up and she was telling me of her therapy. She is 23 and has compared herself to her sister ever since she (the other, younger one) was born. She feels that she always does "the right thing" and doesn't get the support that the other one does, even though in her eyes, her sister always screws up. *sigh*. I tried to tell her that comparing my responses to each of them isn't fair. They each have different lives and different needs in my eyes. If she wants to talk about how I have or have not supported HER, I am OK with that. What isn't right to me is to hear her say, well you didn't do that for ME but you did for her. Isn't she a little OLD for this tit for tat? Nonetheless, I told her that I try to be supportive and approving of her and I'm sorry that she doesn't feel it's enough. I said, if she needs more of me, to say so at the time in order to not feel disappointed that I didn't pick up on her subtle cues.

Do you think that this is a good approach???

Then she told me that she really suffered when I was at my worst (she told the therapist this). I have talked with both girls about my past behavior. The problem is that they remember things that I don't (blackouts, I guess). Do you think it wise for me to ask them to bring this back up, so that I can not only know what I did, but also make amends for them? My youngest thinks that she would rather NOT go through all of it again and doesn't feel that it would do her any good at all. She and I are very close NOW, but her adolescence was a doozy period for both of us.

I certainly don't want to cause any MORE damage than I already have. Do you think that I should let them call the shots on this?

Needless to say, I fell asleep staring at the ceiling pondering these things..

On another note, altogether...

I'm sorry to hear that the interviews didn't work out, Bee. I WAS thinking of you. Maybe I need to recharge my eye screwing batteries!

Ro, I am SO glad that you are feeling better!

Least, great about the upcoming trip!

Nel's Bells, thanks for noticing my "presence", I needed that hug today!

IQ, Stoney, PR, Scardy, ...shoot and everyone else, I've missed you and it's only been 36 hours!

:ghug
Old 06-29-2009, 03:19 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Least groom the doggies!! they will love the pampering
Old 06-29-2009, 03:38 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Hi everyone.

HOS, sounds like a bit much to deal with, you just got home!
Old 06-29-2009, 03:41 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Well, parenthood is forever, but I thought the "parenting" was winding down....
Old 06-29-2009, 03:52 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I shall wait for grooming til the fall, when our local vocational school's animal care class reopens and let them bathe and groom my dogs. They do a great job for little money and the students adore their clients.

Both kids are off with friends so I have the house to myself for the evening... Just me and the doggies... waiting for dinner time and bedtime...

HOS, glad you had a good flight. Don't know what to say about the kids...