Notices

Living in Sobriety Part 3

Old 06-29-2009, 05:11 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Just now for I think the first time in sobriety I was thinking I wish I had some xanax!! OMG I am so glad I don't have any and wouldn't know where to get them either. Damn that's the first place my head goes when I am anxious about anything. Called my sponsor left a message. I will be okay, it was just a passing thought. No Option here!!!
Old 06-29-2009, 05:18 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Originally Posted by Believe808 View Post
Just now for I think the first time in sobriety I was thinking I wish I had some xanax!! OMG I am so glad I don't have any and wouldn't know where to get them either. Damn that's the first place my head goes when I am anxious about anything. Called my sponsor left a message. I will be okay, it was just a passing thought. No Option here!!!
Deep breaths. take your time don't panic.Give yourself lots of time so your not in a panic rushing around. Run cold water over your wrists to keep you cool and relaxed!! worry about the lawn tomorrow!! The interview today.......first things first!! like I said your amazing.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:24 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

A bit stressed out from taking kids to school/work, but am at home now with dogs and feeling better. Both girls inherited the 'lateness' gene from their dad tho, since neither one allows enough time to get to anything, always leaving at the last second and then whining if they're late!

Time for doggies breakfast, back in a bit.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:25 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Thanks Nel. I love your new avatar, is that your yorkie? How cute she is!!
Old 06-29-2009, 05:29 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

HI least

Yes, believe, thats the baby even though she is almost 10. lol
Old 06-29-2009, 05:46 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

hey Believe........................Faith is not believing that God can,
it is knowing that he will...
Old 06-29-2009, 05:49 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I am really truly a 'dog addict' since my dogs are My Life and my Reason for Being! God entrusted me with their care and I take it very seriously. As far as addictions go, I could do a lot worse than being addicted to my doggies!

Your 'baby' sure is a cutie! Give him a scratch on the head for me.:ghug3
Old 06-29-2009, 05:52 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Okay, I know I deserved that, thanks for the reminder

Well I'm dressed and cooling down a bit, spoke to some friends and prayed. Just gonna chill another 1/2 hr here and then I'm off. Damn I'm so glad I have this board and you guys otherwise I would have allowed myself to become a basket case this morning. My journey will continue today and it doesn't matter where it takes me, today I am ready, willing and able to keep on this path in the story of my life.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:54 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

thanks least....she is on my knee as i type!

Believe........step 3.......good luck pet!!
Old 06-29-2009, 07:15 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Donna, it is a bit cheesy to say this but...all you can do is your best, after that it is God's hands (or the HP of your choice!).
Old 06-29-2009, 08:07 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Morning all.

I'm ready for my nap already. I can barely keep my eyes open. Can I take my "lunch" at 10:30am? I'm still trying to figure out what's up with me being tired during the day. Even when I go to bed at a decent time I'm tired. Around this time of day I get to where I can't keep my eyes open. It really sucks.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:12 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Being semi retired, I take a lot of naps. If I get bored, I nap. My doggies are always ready to go back to sleep with mommy so we snuggle a lot.

As far as being on a regular daytime schedule, I don't know. Are you getiting enough sleep at night? Maybe see your doctor if it persists...
Old 06-29-2009, 08:32 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

I'll probably be seeing my doctor soon.

I love naps, the problem with it is that I work 830 to 530 and I have to take early lunch breaks. I end up not eating or just eating junk .... I guess I really need to get to the doctor.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:40 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Hi PD

Just got back from interview #1, the hiring manager thought I was too qualified for a warehouse position, I thought so too, but need a job, but he said he just hired someone for the accounting dept and they are starting today. If they don't work out he would like to keep my resume and call me. So we'll see. Next one 1:00, I'm sweating, its like 90 degrees humid here, air is on but I am so hot.
I got home and my son's girlfriend couldn't get her car started, I tried to jump start it and got all sweaty but couldn't get it started. My ex called in the meantime and he said he would come and try to start it, he sits in the damn car not even breaking a sweat yet and turns the key and Walla it starts Oh well, they are both gone now. I will work myself up to another anxiety attack for 1:00.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:47 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hi Jen.

Hi sweaty Donna.

Hot here too.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:51 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Yeah I hate to sweat Stoney
Old 06-29-2009, 08:54 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjWfX913BRQ

Just for you Believe!!!
Old 06-29-2009, 09:00 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hey Knuckleheads! I am home! :bounce: Another hot one at the river today. At one point the thermometer said 106!!! I posted a pic of it on my FB.

Father in law is not doing well. We bought him a flat screen TV for his bedroom. He likes it. Said he can see the golf ball now. I sure love him.

So I am home until Friday morning. I love being home. But hard work is good for my soul.

Go Believe!!! I am proud of you for looking for a job. And Xanax is NOT the answer. Good for you for talking about it.

I sure miss all of you. Since bottoms has died I haven't been posting much and I sure feel discombobulated.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:03 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Nel, what a dreary song!!!! But thanks for thinking of me. Just got off phone with sponsee, she is doing good, she texted me all morning good luck, and left me a message that she was thinking of me, I know this job was not the right one for me and that I probably wouldn't have been happy doing it, I was forcing myself to accept that I could do that work there, but I kept having that nagging feeling about it. And I know what that nagging feeling means. So we'll see with the employment agency, maybe they have some companies that are looking. I just posted a thread on Wisdom in the Rooms, I opened an email before and that was there, hmmm no coincidences huh!
Old 06-29-2009, 09:06 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Hi Tanya, glad you're home. I love that word discumbobulated or however it is spelled!! That was so nice that you got your father in law a new tv. Love you girlfriend And I do know that xanax is NOT the answer, just a thought to remind me that my disease is still around.