Old 06-23-2009, 03:27 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

((((BELIEVE))))))

I just felt like huggin ya!!
Old 06-23-2009, 03:30 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Thanks for the hug Nel, I needed it and I am smiling at you right now.

I can understand wanting to grow up and move out on your own, but as a parent, it doesn't feel good. Even though the kids make me nuts, I wouldn't trade them living with me for anything. He is growing Nel and he is branching out. You should be very proud of him. Love you girlfriend
Old 06-23-2009, 03:33 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

My daughter just called,her soccer game is cancelled, due to wet, sopping wet fields. So we will eat and then I am going to bed. I don't do well on 3 hrs sleep. I am coffee'd up right now, drank it all day just to keep moving.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:10 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Old 06-23-2009, 04:39 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I have been one this thread for a week? Maybe a little more and I am AWED at the compassion, humor, dedication, perseverance, wisdom and love. It's amazing and I'm just sorry that it's not in person, because you all are the greatest!

Big Smooch and I hope everyone has a restful night and only sweet dreams!

:ghug

I'm adding this little guy cuz he's cute:
Old 06-23-2009, 04:41 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

My son sold his car today, wants to buy a motorcycle, I think he's nuts but he doesn't want to listen. Anyway, he came upstairs and handed me 200.00 told me to use it for whatever I need. I am totally amazed that this is the boy who just took and took. I am not happy with everything he does, but this was a really beautiful thing gesture. These kids are really stepping up to the plate. I am truly blessed.
I'm tired Stoney, but can't go to sleep, kind of speeding from all the coffee today. I hope you get a good nights sleep tonight, my friend.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:43 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Are you going to sleep HOS? I'm going to stay on boards for awhile.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:56 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

I am exhausted. I know I will sleep. I hope you do too Believe and also Stone and anyone else who struggles. Try a tab of lavendar on pillow. Night HOS and everyone else who are still up.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:08 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi Donna, me no sleep yet. Thanks, I hope you get some sleep too.

Night Nelcs, I have some lavendar! I will try it.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:12 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

I'm still around, playing games on line. I'm mesmerized staring at the screen. I didn't get to a meeting today but will be going tomorrow. I did speak to sponsor and other gals in the program though. I'll be checking in while I'm up. Stoney, listen to some mellow music and lavender on the pillow is oh so nice to smell.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:12 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
IO Storm

I'm playing games too Donna..sharing here, and helping my mom with a crossword puzzle!

She is better...thank you all.)))) Prayers and positive thoughts work, I do Believe.

Time to google a clue for her.."mexican mint'...I have no idea...lol
Old 06-23-2009, 06:15 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

excellent news Sher

D
Old 06-23-2009, 06:18 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Fanks you sweet green D.

But what the heck is a mexican mint?

We don't know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-23-2009, 06:19 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
IO Storm

And a wingding?
Old 06-23-2009, 06:21 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
IO Storm

I'm sorry...got the giggles...but it feels good to laugh, here..and with her.

It is still the best medicine. Just when I get to thinking I am so smart..I try one of those

puzzles (sans cheating)...and I don't think so anymore.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:36 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Dee, you look so cute in green. It suits you, you funky greeter guy!
Old 06-23-2009, 06:45 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

IO a mexican mint is Marigold!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-23-2009, 07:07 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

A mexican mint is marigold? And I used to be good at crossword puzzles!

IO - I'm so glad your mom is feeling better - and well enough to do a crossword - you two sound like a great pair. Thanks for the movie review I love anything with Sandra in it so I'll be seeing that one soon.

Donna that nearly made me tear up reading about your son giving you the money. That's just wonderful. Glad the soccer was cancelled and you got to stay home.

Nelco thanks for identifying with me and sharing your own history. Tonight was very painful. Daughter sat two rows ahead of me and wouldn't turn her head. Her stepmother herded her half out of my way when she saw me approaching to say hello. I had a lot of support with me though, and my lovely grad looked beautiful - she really SHONE. Never mind the crap parts that involve my ex and his half - the important thing is Sarah - and she was a jewel. Donna, I will post a pic here once my friend sends them. I don't mind doing that. And tomorrow night is nieces grad!

After the ceremony I went with my gf back to her place to chat and 'debrief' - it was good, and I needed to shed a few tears, and to again 'let go' of things.

Going in about an hour to pick up Sarah from the dance. She will be exhausted, I'm sure.

I'm really glad to have this thread - I know I keep saying that - but I truly am. I love reading about you guys - about your struggles, your triumphs, your fears, your joy. It gives me courage.

Thank you for being in my life today.

Oh and Donna I love your new avatar!
Old 06-23-2009, 07:30 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Sis Hugs to the zillionth. And then..some more)))))))))

The codie in me wants so much to get angry with your daughter's step mom..and...

but that won't help you.

Just know that you are so special ...and I am proud of the way you handled this tonight.

I am proud of Sarah.

Donna))) That was a great thing..your boy giving you the money. Really great.

But marigold needed to start with a ch... lol.

Thanks anyway...I'll figure it out later...those crosswords are very tricky!
Old 06-23-2009, 07:32 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hi Rowan! I just wanted to tell you how special you are. Parenthood...it's baffling isn't it? I'm not sure they understand until they are parents themselves. I don't know your circumstances (as I said before), but it just may take time, circumstances, LIFE, for her to understand. Our kids expect us to be perfect and then when we aren't, they get angry..until they realize that they aren't either(and I think this takes at least until they are 30, maybe later). We are so much harder on our parents than they are on us. Again, I don't think they realize this for a long, long, time. My own mother died when I was in my forties and I was surprised how alone I felt. My mum was gone and there was no one to hold me as only a mother can do. I was shocked at the depth of my despair. You might remember me posting (at least 450 posts ago...just a week or so) about my youngest. She hated me and dismissed me from her life and now we are incredibly close. It happened to me and it can happen to you.

I may be way off base, and if so, I'm sorry. But you are a kind and compassionate woman and I hate to hear you hurting.

On a happier note, congrats on your other daughter. Don't you just want to flash freeze those moments...

I'm sure you've had an exhausting night. Sleep well, my friend. You deserve it.