Notices

Whiners Anonymous Part 25

Old 06-07-2009, 04:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Whiners Anonymous Part 25

The Whining continues from Part 24 which you can read by clicking the link...

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-24-a-20.html
Old 06-07-2009, 04:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I brought The Promises...

12 Promises of WA

If we are painstaking about developing our whining techniques, we will be amazed at how proficient we become at expressing our dissatisfaction with people, places, and things that irk us.

1. We are going to know a new freedom of expression.

2. We will realize it's phony to pretend happiness when we just aren't feeling it.

3. We will not regret our whines nor wish to deny their validity.

4. We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know the peace of unburdening ourselves by sharing our whines at WA.

5. No matter how far down in the dumps we feel, we will see how our experience can benefit our fellow whiners.

6. That Pollyanna feeling of "la-dee-da, la-dee-da" will disappear.

7. We will set our own whines aside as we realize someone else's whine may be more deserving of our emotional support .

8. Self-centeredness will not be as prevalent, as we share and compare whining.

9. Our whole attitude and outlook upon ordinary blahs in general, and whining in particular will take on a new meaning.

10. Fear of being recognized and/or ostracized as a Chronic Whiner will leave us.

11. We will intuitively know that healthy whining is not to be stifled, but shared with others like ourselves.

12. We will suddenly realize that sharing a good whine can be very cathartic and we no longer need to whine alone.

Are these unreasonable promises? We think not. Whining has become our way of dealing with adversities--sometimes major, sometimes petty--and knowing our whines will not go unnoticed will work towards reducing the tensions produced by life's little speedbumps.

Old 06-07-2009, 07:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Old 06-07-2009, 07:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Whinning only permitted by sober souls. "To thine own self whine".
Old 06-07-2009, 09:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good Morning Whiners....

Whines cos I haven't had any for a while:

Too much going on in the news right now and it's all changing so quickly....no doubt in a couple of weeks there'll be nothing and it'll be totally boring

...and Raffy (following his shock defeat in the French Open) isn't isn't playing at Queens cos of a knee injury.....boo hoo..

Here he is with his Wimbledon trophy last year....

Old 06-08-2009, 01:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Old 06-08-2009, 02:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

go to line 62 Ma'm, then wait for RL
Old 06-08-2009, 03:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by Rusty Zipper View Post
go to line 62 Ma'm, then wait for RL
Old 06-08-2009, 03:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

No whines from me Yet. Oh yeah, I have to go mow the back yard jungle that my son kept saying he would do for 2 weeks.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:01 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Resident

I didn't want to get up today and go to the gym. Of course it could be worse. I could have to get up and go to a J*B. Sorry for the swearing.
For the rest of the day I will immerse myself in Promise # 7.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Finished the back yard and realized that my son by helping is only ruining my lawn. He is too lazy to clean the grass bag out and I had to clean out a week old grass sitting from the rain, talk about gross. And besides that, from not emptying bag I have more weeds than grass now. He ruined my lawn. Thats what I get for not doing things myself.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:31 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Well, that was a quick 500!!! Are there more Whiners, or more Whines per Whiner? I'd hate to think things are getting worse instead of better. Whatever happened to "progress"? OK...keep working at it!

sfields...I think you missed the purpose of Whiners Anonymous. Check out numbers 11 and 12 of our Promises:

11. We will intuitively know that healthy whining is not to be stifled, but shared with others like ourselves.

12. We will suddenly realize that sharing a good whine can be very cathartic and we no longer need to whine alone.
If you feel the need to whine, let 'er rip!!!

Old 06-08-2009, 08:52 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

The big, big tree on my property just had a huge branch crash down onto side of house and middle of street. Thank God no one was walking or driving. Called the ex and his answer was Oh well, call the town maybe they will take care of it, goodbye, (its half his friggin house too). I don't like him one bit. I am really glad no one was hurt and that it didn't damage any property. Its not raining here, its pouring in my life right now.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:06 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Donna))))))

Hope the "rain" stops soon...sheeeesh.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:10 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Originally Posted by sfields141 View Post
Hey.. I love slogans though!

Here are a few of my faves..

"Keep Whinin' Back!"

"Keep It Whining"

"Whining Does It"
Old 06-08-2009, 04:11 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

If I whine in the forest and there is nobody there to hear me, is it still a whine?

I just have one thing to say about work today...WHY DON'T PEOPLE JUST DO WHAT I TELL THEM TO DO????? DON'T THEY KNOW WHO I AM?
Old 06-08-2009, 05:36 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Ann

a.) Yes. Your whine is a whine in the forest. You will hear it with your own ears.

b.) Now..if you tape record the whine and it plays in the forest it is not a whine

unless there are animals or birds or other things that will hear it.

(I think...)

I made that stuff up in part B..but I could be right...
Old 06-08-2009, 06:44 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

lets not forget the Whiners Traditions...

to help keep Wah, in Whine!

1. Our common welfare should come first; personal recovery depends upon W.A. unity.

2. For our group purpose there is but one ultimate authority—the owners, Administrators and Moderators, Greeters and Members of this site as they may express themselves in our group conscience.

3. Our leaders are but trusted servants; but they do govern. The only requirement for W.A. membership is SR membership and a desire to share some Whiney Ass ESH.

4. This group should be autonomous except in matters affecting other Whiners or W.A. as a whole

5. Each group has but one primary purpose— to Whine about things in a safe environment, have fun, blow off steam and then let it go while moving onward in recovery.

6. A W.A. group ought never endorse, finance, or lend the W.A. name to any related facility or outside enterprise, lest those who do not wish to Whine or read other people's Whines divert us from our primary purpose.

7. Every W.A. group ought to not to be fully self-supporting, and gratefully accept this venue given to us for the purpose of whining.

8. Whiner's Anonymous should remain forever non-professional, but all of our Whiners shall remain as special workers.

9. W.A., as such, ought never be organized; because our members need to Whine about the ups and downs of their lives.

10. Whiner's Anonymous has no opinion on outside issues (yeah right!); because most people on the outside ignore Whiners anyway.

11. Our public relations policy is based on Whining rather than promotion; we need always maintain personal anonymity at the level of real life if that is what we choose.

12. Anonymity of screen names is optional for those who choose to use real names ever reminding us to place principles before personalities and respect those from other fellowships. What we Whine about here stays forever on the internet.

remember, the Whiners you see here, the Whine you hear here, when you leave here, let the Whines stay here!

Keep Whine'n!
Old 06-08-2009, 07:05 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
cmc

And don't forget one of my favorite slogans based on the 12th Tradition of WA:

What we whine about here, stays here: Here-here!
Old 06-08-2009, 07:59 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

why am i so stupid as to still want my daddy dearest's approval when he so rarely gives it? And why does he take such pleasure in treating me like a stupid child? He doesn't treat his other kids so disrespectfully... only me.