Notices

Serious Part 7

Old 06-02-2009, 02:06 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

My daughter just called someone crashed into her new car she can't even drive it. My ex is going to pick her up and they are going to have car towed. She is okay just really angry.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:06 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Meeting venue was too damn hot, had a headache, just glad to be home really.

Scott, I am using Vista now, lol. You can get openoffice for windows now too, I think? All software is free as far as I am concerned.

Meeting was about step 3, I am none the wiser about step 3 after listening to people share about it cos no-one did. One guy sort of did but he never makes any sense anyway. I shared about it and basically said I don't know how to do it, lol. Maybe I will get more of an idea as I do the step review.
I have been through the steps but I hadn't really accepted step 1, I think I have accepted it now, feels like it anyway. Feels like I have accepted step 2 as well.

As for step 3, I have made the decision to stay committed to the program, to keep going to meetings...to be in AA, that is as far as I have got really.
I think by practising steps 10 and 11 daily I am sort of doing step 3.

Keeping the thread serious by talking about recovery! lol
Old 06-02-2009, 02:07 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I am glad she is OK, Donna. Was she in it when they crashed into it?
Old 06-02-2009, 02:20 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

I don't know, she has been calling me, but she is so nasty on phone, like it was my damn fault. Anyway I'll see when she gets home later probably like 3 hrs. My son just came home and I told him I called his college about money he owes and they won't speak to me only him, he then got nasty too. I asked him if he will mow yard and he said no he is going out. Stoney, I am using my program right now, and turning all this sh*t over because I refuse to let them bring me down.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:21 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Im not crazy and neither am I

Stone
On Step 3, I dont think I really gave my will and my life completely over to my HP. It was more, getting an understanding that I am powerless over alot of things in life. (people places adn things) keyboards....
I dont necesarily think my hp is controlling things but I do think its Not ME.
Has done great things for my tolerance, patience and acceptance.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:21 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

How was your meeting?
Old 06-02-2009, 02:24 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I just got auto upgraded to IE8 or whatever the version is. I suppose its better than the older one and I was having issues w alot of sites in IE 7. I hadnt tried firefox more than a couple times.
Im not sure I like Vista. Ive only been at about a dozen machines that were running it and things were in strange places for admins.
I strongly dislike change,,,,lol
Old 06-02-2009, 02:25 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Believe808 View Post
How was your meeting?

Who's meeting ?
Old 06-02-2009, 02:28 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Just read your post, sorry. Do you say the Step 3 prayer each day?
Old 06-02-2009, 02:29 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Originally Posted by frstnm View Post
Who's meeting ?
Sorry Kev I was asking Stone. How was your meeting by the way?
Old 06-02-2009, 02:53 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I Stoney, I am using my program right now, and turning all this sh*t over because I refuse to let them bring me down.
Good, keep doing it.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:57 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I dont necesarily think my hp is controlling things but I do think its Not ME.
Thanks for sharing that Scott.

I think along those lines too, for me it is not so much a "turning over" as a "letting go", being more fatalistic in a way.

I posted this quote in the "Spirituality" forum yesterday...

In Taoist perspective even good and evil lose their absolute character.
The West, encouraged in the last few centuries by puritanism, has tended
to draw categorical distinctions between the two. Taoists are seldom this
positive. They buttress their reticence with the story about a farmer
whose horse ran away. His neighbor commiserated only to be told, "Who
knows what's good or bad?" It was true. The next day the horse returned,
bringing with it a drove of wild horses it had befriended in its
wanderings. The neighbor came over, this time to congratulate the farmer
on his windfall. He was met with the same observation: "Who knows what is
good or bad?" True this time too; the next day the farmer's son tried to
mount one of the wild horses and fell off breaking his leg. Back came the
neighbor, this time with more commiserations, only to encounter for the
third time the same resopnse, "Who knows what is good or bad?" And once
again the farmer's point was well taken, for the following day soldiers
came by commandeering for the army and because of his injury the son was
not drafted. If this all sounds very much like Zen, it should; for Indian
Buddhism processed through Chinese Taoism becomes Japanese Zen.
-Huston Smith
The Religions of Man
Old 06-02-2009, 03:00 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I hadnt tried firefox more than a couple times.
Im not sure I like Vista. Ive only been at about a dozen machines that were running it and things were in strange places for admins.
I strongly dislike change,,,,lol

Use Firefox! I like Vista now I am used to it, more stable than XP was anyway.

Just read your post, sorry. Do you say the Step 3 prayer each day?

No.

Sorry Kev I was asking Stone.

Who is Kev?
Old 06-02-2009, 03:06 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Who is Kev?

Step 3 - always a good discussion topic, but I still get all squirmy in meetings when I hear strong talk of God. I don't know what that's all about, but there it is. It has, admittedly, been blocking me from making progress in recovery.

Donna I am sorry to hear about your daughter's car accident but I'm glad she wasn't hurt. I'm sorry your son was such a nitwit with you, and your daughter for that matter. I don't know how I will handle it when my kids get to the age where they will talk back. Heck, I just want my 16 year old to talk to me! Anyway - you're doing great, hon. I didn't cut my grass. I made supper instead and decided that would be my grand gesture for the day. Oh and I'll clean the litter boxes later on. Woo look at me go!

I've been kind of in a crap mood I don't know why. I feel lazy and am being hard on myself, and I need to stop doing that. I have also been putting off some inventory work I'm supposed to be working on. This could be contributing to my mood.

Having a rough go financially - but this happens usually after a bout of not watching my money. It'll straighten out - it always does.

Hey Scott that's pretty cool about your friend from back in the day showing up at a meeting where you were speaking. Situations like that really make me stop and ponder the whole Higher Power angle. I mean, could it really be coincidence? I suppose. I guess it can be whatever anyone chooses to interpret it as.

Hey K - I see you popped in. I'm getting worried about you - you haven't been around nearly as much and I miss your jokes and one liners! Never mind your optimism and support. You rock, lady!

Alright - Fizz - I hope this has all been serious enough for you. I'll PM you my address so that you can send the Kindersurprise.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:13 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rowan View Post

Step 3 - always a good discussion topic, but I still get all squirmy in meetings when I hear strong talk of God. I don't know what that's all about, but there it is. It has, admittedly, been blocking me from making progress in recovery.
Me too.

I have some contempt for Christians, I need to work on it. It would be easier if they would stop saying contradictory things though!

Like when something good happens it is because of God but what about when bad things happen? Surely that is God too!

Sorry Christians!
Old 06-02-2009, 03:14 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I am talking to many different people in an attempt to more fully grasp an understanding of God/HP but just when I think I've got it - kaboom - denial again.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:16 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Honestly I don't know what made me type in Kev, don't know any kev's. Hey head is messed up with all this garbage going on.
Ro, whenever I am working on a Step specially Inventory, I get all discumbobulated (don't know how to spell that) could be where you're at right now.
Finances, let's not even go there.
Kids, be careful what you wish for Ro. Mine started talking to me regularly at 19 and look out world, they think they are the only living beings. haha. No its not that bad. I know my daughters was like that on phone, because she is p*ssed off her new car is damaged so I know its not about me. And the son, well that's another story!
Anyway, so glad I have a program in times like this. Glad I was sober and she knew she could call her mom. Last year this time, I wouldn't even have known she was in an accident.
I'm actually smiling through all of this muck
Old 06-02-2009, 03:19 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Originally Posted by stone View Post
Me too.

I have some contempt for Christians, I need to work on it. It would be easier if they would stop saying contradictory things though!
Like when something good happens it is because of God but what about when bad things happen? Surely that is God too!

Sorry Christians!
I am Catholic and have always felt that good or bad it all happens for a reason. I can't question the reasoning, it just is.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:23 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I'm a Catholic too. A lapsed Catholic, but RC nonetheless.

I see a lot of gratitude in you today, Donna, especially towards your children, and that's really great. You sound like a terrific mom.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:30 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Thanks Ro. I'm catholic but don't go to church anymore. I'm more spiritual than religious and have been like this for years.
Well I just spoke to her, my husband is there with her they are waiting for a tow truck. She says her neck hurts, so I have to take her to hospital when she gets home. I am grateful she wasn't really hurt bad. Hope her neck is okay. Please say some prayers for her to be okay. I'm thankful my husband went down to get her.